Trials Evolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 6, 2012.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I thought so too.

I tried uploading a 720p max quality video, came out (once uploaded) as 360p low quality.

Fair to say there's some bugs anyway.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Very cool, how much gameplay is there to the beta?

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Id say its pretty long, played for about 3 hours yesterday.
    though the tracks are pretty short. if you played the xbox360 version, youll notice that the 2 minute (and longer) tracks arent there yet.
    but its still fun

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I just bought this morning on Steam for £15.99, thinking it was out next week as it let me pre-load, but it turns out it isn't released another THREE weeks! Sheesh.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you can still play the beta though :) ive got 84 medals so far :p

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ah right, thanks, I didn't realise that. I thought it was a bit strange that I could download a game that wasn't out for three weeks. I did see you mention the beta but I thought that some closed one that you had to previously register for.

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well just played the mega track. took me almost 15 minutes and 39 tries lol :p
    i guess everything is unlocked. need 10 more medals before i can try the A licence

the game needs some serious fixing though!

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Why is this game running at 5 fps on my PC? It is like watching a slideshow and neither of my GPUs go above 50 C or 40% usage. Absolutely the worst performance I've seen in any game to date on my system. Sure, it's still a beta but even so... :puke2:

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    5 fps ? wow that sucks. its constant 60 for me (stuttering included :p) 2560x1600

Is SLI bottlenecking ?

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I created a profile, added the TrailsFMX executable and forced single GPU mode but, nope, game still runs at a jerk-tastic 5-20 fps max and is utterly unplayable. What a piece of pish considering how graphical simple this game is yet my PC can handle Crysis 3 on maxed out Very High settings with TXAA and run at 40-50 fps! :(

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow that really sucks. well lets hope for patches and better nvidia drivers.

i reached 158 medals today , super addicting gameplay imo

have you tried lowering settings ? shadows or some other things ? perhaps some setting is bugged or something

im playeing without a OC btw since with OC it would crash the nvidia driver.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I disabled v-sync and it still runs like crap. I'm not talking slight judders here, I'm talking serious jerk-a-thon. I even tried forcing triple buffering but it turns the game into a seriously glitchy, flickering slideshow. I wish I could record it for YouTube because it really does look horrible. Looks like I'll have to wait for the final release before I can play it. Well, I hope I'll be able to play it...

I saw Ubisoft Shanghai's name on one of the loading screens and thought it was that inept developer that did the broken Ghost Recon: Future Solider but it turns out it isn't them after all. Incidentally, why does this game load up at what looks like 1024x768 then switch to 1920x1200 once it reaches the menus? It messes up windows sizes and placements on the desktop.

*EDIT*
    Still performs as bad in 1280x720 windowed mode and in fullscreen 1920x1200 with everything set to off or low. Very disappointing even if this is a beta. I expected bugs and glitches but not a slideshow framerate so poor it looks like it is running on a Commodore 64. :(

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Been reading around and it looks like it is a known issue with SLI and the fix is to disable it. And by that I don't mean Force Single GPU Mode either because that doesn't work but actually disable it in the control panel. I really hope this issue is fixed before the final release because we really shouldn't have to disable graphics cards in order to get games working in 2013.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    True, but almost every game released has problems. What matters is how fast they fix things.
    There seem to be allot of bugs, and i hope they are working 24/7 on it. (sumo is a good example of a good developer)

16. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Guest

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan

+1 i have a gtx 690 on monitor 30' dell = 10 fps with stuttering !!!
    and the game looks like 720p on my 2560x1600 resolution....

what s ****

17. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    ^

As I said in the screenshots thread, the game looks really low res.

Like a bad port.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Something up with the servers now, takes ages to upload stuff after a race.

Perhaps it's just the amount of people buying it, but from the looks of it, it's only just under 4000 players.

19. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Bought. Played. Enjoyed. No bugs for me except it's taking forever to save after you finish a race which I guess is probably server load. The game does look pretty low res but so did the last one. Definitely consolish but I can look past that since the game is pretty fun. One thing I really don't like is the fact that I have to use Uplay. Did someone already mention that and I missed it? Minor complaint really.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    @darren - are you sure it's switching to 3D clocks? check gpuz/msia. that would explain poor performance