BSOD- nvidia drivers- help please

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ruffpl, May 7, 2014.

1. ruffpl

ruffpl Guest

GPU:
    none
    Hi. I got win 7 x64 and nvidia gtx 480. From couple days I got problem with my card. One day my computer didnt wanted to start/ I had turn it on, went out, after 15 minutes I came back and I saw that it is rebooting all the time. I turn it on in safe mode and check with bsod view. Those are the problems that appears:

nvlddmkm.sys
    dxgkrnl.sys
    dxgmms1.sys

I tried many metods that I found on the internet but nothing works. After I remove all drivers, clean registry, etc, sometimes computer boots normal (in low resolution) and after that automaticly install vga driver. After that bsod again. If I am lucky I am able to install nvidia drivers (335.23), but after reboot I also get bsod.

What can I do to fix it?

2. Scarlettimmy

Scarlettimmy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 770 2 GB
    Go to services, and select Desktop Window manager. Right click, go to properties, set startup type to "disabled". It reverts your theme to basic, but may solve your problem.

3. ruffpl

ruffpl Guest

GPU:
    none
    You mean turn off aero effects?

4. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    It looks more like bad Hardware.

Bad video card.
    Bad power supply.
    Bad memory.

Test all your hardware before blaming the software.

5. ruffpl

ruffpl Guest

GPU:
    none
    2 days ago I just put new power supply just to be sure... Right now I am on stock bios settings.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Try to take out gpu for few moments and put it back in, while you're at it clean its pcie slot.

But then again nvidia did something to driver since 331.90 and it can be a bit unpredictable for GF100/110, seen quite a few reporting the same by logon (bsod 0x16 or hw error code43), and my old custom 570gtx was one of them too..

7. ruffpl

ruffpl Guest

GPU:
    none
    I made that ( I also clean it inside from dust) and I got artefacts in safe mode...

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Put it on warm radiator for few 20min, lay on the back side of pcb, afterwards let it cool down again and put it back it., maaybe it just might work.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's a strong indication of hardware failure. Safe mode basically eliminates all chances of it being a software problem.

Try what -Tj- suggested above, with luck there's just some moist left from cleaning which is causing short circuits. Take care not to melt any plastic parts.

Short circuits may also be caused by thermal paste (especially silver) residues on ICs.

If you wish, you could also remove, disassemble and clean the cooler unit properly, then carefully apply some good thermal paste (Arctic Silver or similar), reinstall the cooler and see what happens.

I was able to slightly prolong the lifespan of my long-gone 9800GX2 this way.

10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Do the oven trick.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'm having system proiblems and gpu problem like many in bf4, the system problem i can put down ti microsnoop activating all the updates, i have updating disabled 365 days a year and only install what i choose) so i'm gonna zero it and restart the puppy without an internet connection, at some point.
    and have driver 337.,50 at least at hand for gpu recog.