Why Guru3D probably never will review Ubisoft titles anymore

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 13, 2012.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no Atari with their digitally distribution service are the worst

2. volors

volors Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    This game is available on steam, so even if you are using steam for games still you have to put keys again and again if you install the game over more then 3 PC's through steam?
    I just want to know how does it works ?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This was an OEM install, not steam .. but from the looks of it it's the same thing:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243254

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i had the same problem with crysis warhead on steam, had to contact support to give me more activations. i honestly dont know why they are adding additional drm besides the steam one.

5. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    what do i think? i think you could use the anno DEMO for benchmarking
    you know, if you really REALLY want to review the game

but yeah, drm's bad. everyone who gets screwed over by drm just pirates and that's that, no need to *i'll just stop writing now*

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Havent heard about them lately, have they actually done anything ? Just wondering if I there is any reason to care how bad their service is ?

7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    At least EA issued a deauthentication deactivation thingy. You can simply deactivate and get an install back and then remove Crysis:WH again, with five simultaneous installs iirc.

XIII, which is an Ubisoft title, removes DRM and the disk check with the 1.3 or 1.4 patch. Games should be de-DRM'd after a while because you can't expect people to remember how many fricking times they've installed and they tend to upgrade.

8. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    It is their loss. Losing free advertising and potential customers is a bad thing for them. I am sure there are lots of other companies that would love to see their games in the guru3d benchmarks. :)

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes but its not automatic unlike other games (which is the way it should be imo). you have to download the tool from the ea site.
    so if you run out of activations if your unaware of the activations, you still have to contact support. which is what happened to me.

10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    This is the problem now with software. In the past when you paid a title you OWNED that software but now it;s more like renting it ! I have many programs that are active lifetime , they do updates but they don't update to the latest build. If you want that you will pay less - ( ex. Stardock Nexus ). This monitoring **** should stop as all it does is killing official buyers. I had a case where a friend of mine bought a game from a company and had another game from them cracked. The cracked game WORKED BETTER. also when installing another crack for another game, the company bloked his account. WTF - I pay for a product and then you search my HDD - F*** this, But let's be clear we buyers are also to blame that we don't stand strong. Lock at COD - let's not buy it next year maybe in 2 years they will change engine !

Just saying ... rage out

11. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    **happy pirating**

12. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    cod? xD

who cares if they use the same engine in the next 20 installments if nobody plays it except for some hyperactive 12 year olds that dont know what a good game is, i sure couldnt care less xD

p.s: hell there aint many games even worth pirating dont even think about them being worth hard earned cash from ubi lately :wanker: and thats pretty bad ,guess well see another company close shop soon if this keeps up , peace

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Except that YOU started the Crysis: Warhead thread on this forum and knew about a possible activation limit right from the start lol.

14. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    +1 for texter harsh but true, you think he knew? xD

15. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    As if to add insult to injury, the game lets you have your PC remember your username.... but not your password. That's right, it forces you to enter a password, ever single time you start the game client... even if you're playing a single-player game, in offline mode, with no internet connection. Because the game developers were morons, apparently.

Excuse me while I go hurl large heavy bricks at Ubisoft. Why? Because Ubisoft's video games have taught me that violence always solves everything. Now, anyone know where I can get a good deal on a load of bricks? And a map to Ubisoft's HQ?

16. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    perhaps google maps and a construction site should help out? lolz xD

we all wish you good luck xD

17. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    DRM is meant to protect them from pirates.
    DRM is in fact causing people to become pirates.

I was introduced to gameburnworld/gamecopyworld many, many years ago to find nocd fixes for alot of my games. These days i look for cracks to remove DRM from games i own.

I personally don't pirate games, yet i feel forced to download cracks and fixes from certain groups to be able to play my own games.

This comes with the inherent risk of viruses. It also leads people into the shady world of cracking/pirating.

Its a retarded business model that alot of companies are now realising to be hurtful against them. Ubi on the other hand seem to be DRM crazy and are stupid if they think it will ever work.

DRM costs them alot of money and yet its broken within seconds of release, anyone with half a brain can see how stupid that is.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah , you probably dont forget anything , just like a robot :biggun:

19. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Here's the thing though technically you have never"owned"the software/game just got a license to play/use it.These days they have tightened up their conditions and restrictions and are trying to enforce them.In the past they haven't vigorously enforced E.U.L.A.'s but now they are.This doesn't mean I don't think they have gone too far.They are the ones killing PC gaming not the pirates.

20. bbordwell

bbordwell Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870
    This is the #2 reason I use steam, games that use additional DRM are marked so I do not buy them.

And in case anyone is interested I have another horror story from ubisoft. A family member of mine installed a game from a disk that was a few years old, the DRM installed a system driver that was no longer compatible with windows, it literally caused the system to fail to boot. I had to do a complete windows re-install because I had no idea what had happened (if I had known I would have just booted into safe mode and manually removed the driver), only later when I renistalled the game (this time on win7 instead of vista) windows did not let the driver install because of known problems, I looked into it and found out what happened to my old windows install.