SBZ Switcher - Double click Speakers/Headphones mode switching available

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by applejack, Sep 13, 2013.

1. chrislue

chrislue Member

GPU:
    GTX 3090
  2. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    ok, colors are definitely different on your image. not sure if because of color profiles or control panel differences, but besides that, why is your control panel missing 2 tabs (cinematic & advanced features) ? also your mixer missing SPDIF-Out & Digital-In. maybe related to daughter card, or you disabled some digital devices ? also your registry is holding some realtek stuff. maybe you should remove unnecessary audio drivers / disable in bios, and clean install SBZ ?
    maybe it will also solve that bass not saved for headphones (it clearly works here)

anyway, I'm now handling only black & white pixel colors so according to posted image it should work for you as well.

regarding cursor animation, I haven't solved it just yet. in the meanwhile added a HideCursorOnSwitch option to .ini debug section, so you can turn that off if it bothers you.

version 1.3.4:
    - improved switching for different SBZ control panels colours / layout.
    - added option to .ini debug section for disabling cursor hide on switching.
    - fixed rare cases where SBZSwitcher might lose sync with SBX settings.

download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7tm91lrom5rrqwr

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  3. chrislue

chrislue Member

GPU:
    GTX 3090
    Thank you, it now works good except the headphones bass setting. I didn't change the control panel color and I don't believe there is an option let you change it. And I didn't connect the daughterboard, that's why I'm missing tabs.

About the bass setting, since surround and smart volume works fine, I believe the problem is the control panel itself, maybe have something to do with bass setting grey out when set to speakers? The Z-series control panel is crappiest software creative ever made, let you switch between speakers/headphones but not let you keep profiles separately? how genius would make such a software.

Ok...stop complaining, is it possible to add a feature that link speakers and headphones to different profiles? Like automatically select specific profile when switching. I think this will solve all problems, and I believe this is also very useful, since beside bass some may also want set surround or smart volume separately.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  4. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Nice program indeed.

A question though, do you think there is anything you could do about keeping the speaker configuration in windows speaker setup? I have the problem with it reverting to 5.1 Surround on each reboot, even though i set it to Stereo.

5. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    hey chrislue, I like your idea. check this out :eyebrows:

[​IMG]

version 1.4.0
    ------------
    - added SBX Crystalizer and Digital Plus toggles to Tray menu for complete SBX functionality.
    - updated TrayTip accordingly.
    - added predefine SBX Profiles for Speakers/Headphones modes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?17i7gb8kuk4ilmy

let me know how it works for you.

@Nitrius, I'll have a look...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. chrislue

chrislue Member

GPU:
    GTX 3090
    Now it's got everything I need now and works perfectly, thank you so much.:thumbup:

7. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580

Thanks, i posted a thread about it on the creative forums, explaining a bit more: http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=699791

8. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    since you can select stereo speakers in SBZ control panel, I'm assuming its headphones 5.1 that bothers you. I've previously referred to this behaviour in this thread. can you clarify exactly how headphones 5.1 bothers you ?
    I mean, if you turn off SBX Surround, it will downmix all sources to plain stereo anyway. if you keep SBX Surround on, only then you should notice the 5.1 virtual surround.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  9. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Well, am not 100% sure if this is related to the creative software at all, as am thinking of the setting under the volume control in Windows, right click speakers and select "Configure Speakers", there i have two options, 5.1 Surround and Stereo, and it always defaults back to 5.1 Surround after a reboot even though i've selected Stereo, so i have to reselect this each time i reboot, not a big thing, but a little annoying it is.

Anyway, the problem is that there is a completely different sound when 5.1 Surround is selected, much louder as well, and the channels doesn't seem to play correctly at times, like when i play a file, where one speaks into the right ear, you will hear it in both. So i would rather much have it set at Stereo for my headphones at all times.

10. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    fine, following release dedicated to you :)

version 1.4.1:
    -------------
    - added Force Stereo Headphones on Switch to Headphones & Startup.
    - added menu item "Apply SBX Profile" to current mode.
    - SBX Pro Studio Toggles moved to sub menu.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w2v5fvcukg35dxf

note: you'll see the sound windows pop for a split seconds. I couldn't run it hidden, only hide it afterwards. the procedure is faster than I expected though.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

11. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    That's great :D

But am curious, you don't happen to know why this is happening? Is it a driver problem, or something else? Can't really say i've had this problem with other soundcards.

12. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    obviously headphones are set to 5.1 on purpose, and was never meant to be configured as stereo in the Z series IMO. that is for Headphones Virtual Surround to always work as it should.
    they also implemented plain stereo headphones (aka SBX Surround off) on top of 5.1 windows setup, so it shouldn't be a problem. when I tested stereo headphones over 5.1 (SBX Surround OFF), downmixing seemed to work just fine.
    if you have downmix/channel issues, well that might be a driver problem I guess...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  13. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    here goes a supposedly final version, that is unless bugs or requests arise on your side (or CL breaks more stuff with a driver update).
    SBZSwitcher is quite polished now, not much to add really. if you need me in the coming weeks, well good luck, as I'll be paying more attention to BF4 beta :)

version 1.4.2:
    -------------
    - fixed mouse cursor hide on switch breaks pointer animations.
    - fixed Apply SBX Profile bug.
    - fixed SBX Profiles miss toggles on apply / switch (where SBX turns on/off while toggling)
    - added ignore mode to SBX Profiles edit:
    0. no checkmark - turn off feature
    1. black checkmark - turn on feature
    2. gray checkmark - ignore current feature state

http://www.mediafire.com/?7s7pc3qz8rz13s5

:bed:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  14. chrislue

chrislue Member

GPU:
    GTX 3090
    Cheers!

15. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    fixed some annoying bug that made tray icon unusable until app restart...

verion 1.4.3:
    ------------
    - fixed tray icon could become unresponsive if rapidly left-clicking it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7s7pc3qz8rz13s5

16. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    thanks for this program!

17. gentlemantleman

gentlemantleman Guest

GPU:
    MSI N550GTX-Ti 1Gb
    Hello and thanks for the program. Do you planning to do some universal tool or version of tool for another SB cards too? I use a Recon3D PCIe and
    I've been looking for solution to quick switching speaker/headphones modes

18. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    well, visually the Recon3D control panel seems pretty much similar to the Z's, besides some irrelevant colors, and maybe features I do not rely on anyway.
    I'm guessing 99% of code should already fit the R3D. but I don't have this card in reach so maybe you could help me help you :)

please export the following key via regedit.exe and link me the .reg file.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices
    also copy&paste here the R3D control panel's full path (inc. executable).
    then i'll see what I can do. note that I cannot test it myself so I might need some more help down the road.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  19. gentlemantleman

gentlemantleman Guest

GPU:
    MSI N550GTX-Ti 1Gb
  20. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    version 1.4.4:
    ------------
    - added tray mute controls for SPDIF-Out / Digital-In / Microphone / What U Hear
    - added assign hotkey to Microphone Mute On/Off
    - fixed tray icon left click "SBZ Open/Bring to front/Close" mode conflict in some specific scenarios.
    - fixed assigned hotkeys enabled at startup eventhough unchecked/disabled in settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5qmgm6dmaa4p1l/SBZSwitcher_v1.4.4.zip

@gentlemantleman:
    I'm still waiting for your response to my PM. I can not continue integrating SB R3D support until you send me some more registry info I asked for in my PM to you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013