DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bsod

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by arvaris, Jun 22, 2007.

1. arvaris

arvaris New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 8800GTX@621/1000
    Hello,

I am getting the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) stop BSOD error when i play some games (right now it has only happened in eq2 and DiRT). It usually happens after anywhere from 15min to 2 hours of playing. This is a WinXP SP2 machine.

I've tried to eliminate certain components from being the ones that could cause this, here's what I tried:

Update BIOS
    Uninstall, use DriverCleaner, Reinstall nForce and GeForce drivers
    Run Memtest86+ (passed multiple iterations)
    Run Orthos, Everest (each ran for 2+ hrs, no errors)

So I'm thinking its not my CPU or Memory. I feel like it must be my graphics card.

Here's my specs:

eVGA 680i SLI mobo, Core2Duo E6700@3Ghz, 4GB (recognized in winxp as 2.8GB) G.Skill DDR2 DDR2 6400@450Mhz, GeForce 8800 GTX@621/1000, X-Fi XtremeGamer Pro, WinXP Pro SP2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I was thinking maybe I should just upgrade to Vista since some DX10 benchmarks are coming out, are the newer ForceWare drivers almost as fast as WinXP?

Thanks to anyone that replies!

2. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    Heya. I have the same setup as you (except 6600 core duo, corsair pc8500 etc) and i got the same bluescreen out of nowhere. Everything was working fine , then a littlebit after boot, it would just crash.
    AND. I found that it was enabling the hardware tcp/ip setting in the nvidia netwoking manager, under "set tcp/ip acceleration settings" that made it happen.
    I disabled it, and no BSOD. Now i have it enabled again and no bsod. I bought the exact same machine as mine for my brother and i can replicate it there.

In the bsod you will probably see the error on HTTP.SYS further down on the page.

Havent had a crash since i fiddled with enabling/disabling it yesterday.

3. arvaris

arvaris New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 8800GTX@621/1000
    Where can I find the NVidia Networking Manager? Cause that would be awsome if that fixed it.

I have my CPU oc'd to 3GHz(300fsb x 10) at 1.33V, and my memory running at 450 (up from 400) at 2.1V, but I have run orthos and everest CPU/Memory tester for over 2 hours each with no errors. This blue screen can sometimes happen within the first 15min of playing a game, though...so that's why i didn't think it had to do with my overclock.

Thanks a lot guys for replying, i've posted on multiple forums with no replies so I really appreciate it.

4. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    Heya. Its under start-programs-nvidia corp-nvidia control panel-networking. it gets installed with the nforce chipset drivers. I only started overclocking a little today so i wouldnt know if it would be related to that.
    Cheers :)

5. skinlab100

skinlab100 Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800 GT KO 512mb
    I had this problem also in some games. Like in Chronocles of Riddick i would get the error if i enabled 3dsound in options. Found out the error was part of RtkHDAUD.sys

6. Skydawg5

Skydawg5 New Member

I know it sounds crazy Arvaris..but have you disable legacy USB support in the bios. Try that and I have a hunch it will fix your problem. Something about the nvidia mobo chipsets that do not like legacy usb being enabled. I had an nforce4 system about a year back that I couldnt even clean install XP until I figured that one out. It appears to be an irq conflict with the usb and acpi. Give it a whirl

7. Skydawg5

Skydawg5 New Member

It could also be the power supply. Does that 550w PSU have 26-30 amps on the 12 volt rail? It would have worked for a while but eventually that 8800 card will wear down the PSU if it doesnt meet the min specs for the amps. Try the usb legacy first though. That's my gut feeling.

8. chuuey

chuuey Guest

do you have 2 sound cards with drivers installed?

9. Gungrave

Gungrave Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB
    I had this problem too, It seems to be linked to the Nvidia SATA controller drivers. When I had them installed, i'd get that bsod after about 20 mins of playing day of defeat source. Now, that I don't have em installed, everything is fine and dandy.

10. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    try disabling that onboard sound, i dont know about anybody else but my Creative card would throw a fit if onboard was enabled.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    hey m8, you better check your overclock more carefully, first revert to your normal non overclock configuration, with Cpu voltage to 1.3580 or something in this range, you could go maybe lower, but for all about testing, test your system on normal, no overclock at all, i had those freezes before, i even posted a thread here, and i found out they were the bios settings.

First Ram, you must check your Timings carefully, try on 1:1 533mhz, so its running normal, usually the ram has 667 if you saw. Try to check with Goldmemory, its a better program tester than memtest.

Second : MCH Voltage, and FSB Termantion, your system is not stable trust me, I have been trought what you are going throught now, it took alot of time.

i am giving you directions, follow them, because those are the main selection to focus on.

*and its not the video card, or else if its a driver problem, make sure you have updated drivers, chispet and such.

GL

12. Breathless

Breathless Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XXX 756C/2700M
  13. HMace

HMace Member

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    I had this problem. Tried everything from updating every driver to removing the sound card from my system. I finally removed half my Corsair Ram (which had a slightly different clock speed than the other half) and I haven't had a crash since.

14. neo2006a

neo2006a Member

GPU:
    GTX670
    This BSOD is caused by overclocking. Try to lower MEM or CPU OC and will be fine.

15. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    This error is associated more often with overclocking and is a result of the memory choking on said overclock.