OCCT PS test+ Evga Precision + 310.70 Display stopped/recovered

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Dec 9, 2012.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Hi,

Did anyone test PowerSupply test with Evga Precision and 310.70 for more than 30min-1hr without Nvidia display recovering error ?

Cause i thought it was my overclock at first, 480GTX 700-766 and then i thought its my CPU overclock or my temp Q6600 68c Max 2.4-2.71 300FSB or my Ram. without cpu oc is 62c. or it could be the gpu/mem heat so i pull the fan all way to 85 at 65c, so it can't be this.

But Prime95 and the other tests expect the PowerSupply test were Fine, even the GPU test showed no error.

So i reseted all overclock, kept only the voltages, went out from Evga Precision, and the PS test worked fine for 3hrs.

Any idea why Evga Precision can effect this ? In Evga i used the FAN curve, maybe this can cause delay for the display adapter or the driver and if it set on the TDR to say any number and the FAN takes more time to change the fan speed and this can cause the TDR ? cause the 2 things i use Evga or actaully 3 is the Frame Target 60Fps, Overclock 700-766 and the Fan Curve, i did disabled both of them already Fan curve was the last one which i disabled and i don't remember what happened, but i know it didn't happened when i disabled it and went out of the program.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I know I'm not on an Nvidia card, but similar things happen to me with Afterburner and a select few games.

GW2 for instance if I OC it crashes about 15-45 mins into the game. Yet it's the only game that does this. I OC through CCC it's fine. Since I like to use Afterburner for more than just OCing though, it can be a pain that I have to take the OC off for GW2 only.

I think it's just how the programs detect the games and software, and issues between them. In this case I think its more engine related on GW2's part, and Afterburner is more sensitive to it.

As you said it could be the fancurve you have set up. I have a custom fancurve in Afterburner that gave me problems in dif games. I turned it back to auto, and all of those crashes went away. I wasn't in the danger zone temp wise at all, infact it was staying cooler. Like with MSI Afterburner I have to force low level detection or it realllly gets messy for some reason.

I think a lot of times our cards are capable of what we set them too, but the software conflicts with each other and makes us think we are pushing our hardware too far, when we may actually not be.

I can play one game with an OC just fine DX11 all maxed out aka BF3, yet go into GW2 maxed out DX9 and it crashes 15-45 mins into gameplay. Coding and compatibility is the key imo.

I really honestly feel that this industry as a whole needs to focus more on software, rather than hardware for a few years to let it catch up in stability and performance. We have this uber powerful hardware, yet still have rather dodgy software and drivers to go with it. By dodgy I mean what we experience in situations like this. Sure nothing is perfect, but I just feel that it could be better than what it is.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Np, we will always have problems, but diagnostic is the key to understand it in one way or another, we don't have the tools yet to follow routes but to go throughout every possibility, and that's a big TIME problem, cause time is really not for solving puzzles, its for having fun with ur hard working money which u usef to buy Gaming stuff, to play.