Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver 326.19, has stopped responding.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jogogold, Jul 22, 2013.

1. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I got a new 760 and i'm getting the above error with the latest drivers. The funny thing is that I get it when my system is idle or just surfing the web \ skyping etc. Heavy games such as crysis 3 and BF3 run fine.
    What's the most stable drivers I can install to test out my new rig ?

2. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

314.22 are the most stable drivers

3. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks. Right now I'm with 326.29 and stable so far. I'll def check 314.22 if the current ones fail me.

4. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Just remember that you need to mod 314.22's inf file for them to properly install with a GTX 760. There's a guide in this sub-forum that tells you how to do it, takes like 30 seconds.

5. minty

minty Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX760 Phantom
    I have the same errors on my GTX760 either with the latest drivers or the new beta one on a new win 8 pro 64 setup

Most crashes happen when doing nothing special, no gaming just surfing or reading mails

I have read the article on modding the 314.22 drivers but to be honest its pure chinese and am unable to do it, so any help correcting this problem would be nice

Thanks

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Follow the instructions in the thread below.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377158

There are 2 lines you need to add to the inf file. Just use notepad to open up the inf. For a geforce 760 the 2 lines are below.

String:

NVIDIA_DEV.1187 = “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760"

Device ID:

%NVIDIA_DEV.1087% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1087

7. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    This exact issue happens to me, sucks

so far not so debilitating that i can't just wait for a new driver though, as it only happens once or twice a day, at the most, some days not at all

8. minty

minty Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX760 Phantom

many thanks

will try this tonight when at home

Minty

9. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Well everyone cant use the older drivers (not without modding), as they dont support newer cards. And I recommend not to use drivers released before hardware. You never know. I have no issues with 320 drivers, my GTX780 super stable so far, and so is my laptop (GTX780m), but if I did have issues I cant use 314.22, I could mod the drivers, but I wouldnt. So those with issues need better solutions than using an old driver?

Edit: Most of the time its fine to use older drivers released prior to the hardware in question is released, but there have been cases where drivers that dont have native support have made systems unstable. But of course, if youre system isnt stable anyway before, you might not see any other choice or dont have anything to loose? :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. minty

minty Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX760 Phantom
    I've modded the driver just in case (many thanks for the help) but have downloaded the 326.41 beta to try first as its just come out

Also used Display driver uninstaller version 3.6.1 before installing and did a clean install with Nvidia as well (what I always do)

Fingers crossed

Minty

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

11. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    What drivers do you think Nvidia was using during the year that they take in producing the cards that are currently out? I almost guarantee you that any 3xx.xx driver with modded inf will work just fine with any 6 or 7 series card. In fact, they probably tested the 760/770 on the 314.22 drivers internally prior to them creating the newer 32x.xx drivers.

I think Nvidia's confirmed that there is an issue with potentially a memory leak happening with their drivers which is causing the driver to crash around the 36 hour mark. They did not implement any fixes to the problem with the 326.41 beta though because they're still trying to track down the exact cause.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  12. minty

minty Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX760 Phantom
    Exact, its still crashing after a couple of days, I never switch of the PC

Am unable to install the 314.22 even though I've modded the nv_dispi.inf, am getting a message, the pilot cant find the compatable materiel

Have i missed something ?

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.2]
    %NVIDIA_DEV.1087% = Section003, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1087

and

[Strings]
    DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"
    NVIDIA = "NVIDIA"
    NVIDIA_A = "NVIDIA"
    NVIDIA_DEV.1187 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760"

13. joshk

joshk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090
    It is strange to me that people using well known broken 32x.xx drivers instead of older stable ones.It is like russian roulette or driving on vodka.Lucky dudes shout Hey i am happy with new 32x.xx.Wait,your time is coming :) Scary is fact that this new driver series can kill hardware.320.18 killed my asus 670 in few hours.