Expected temps at 7868x1440

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by bboy-mass, May 1, 2013.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Hi

Thinking of buying 2 more hazro 27 inch monitors which will be driven by 2x7970.
    My temps at 2560x1440 playing bf3 maxed out is around 79c
    If I went up to 7867x1440 would the temps rocket up?
    Obviously I will need to lower settings (drop aa) but what about the temps?

Ask because everyone I see on the tube is running h2o on there cards at this extream resolution.

Anyone running 2x7970 on air at this res?

REgards

BBoy

2. Himmelslicht

Himmelslicht Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    Assuming those cards already run at full load, temps wouldn't change much, if at all.
    If they don't already, they might go up a bit.

Res doesn't matter for temps, GPU load does.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You will be slaughtering your performance though.

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The usage will increase in some parts so maybe the temps a little bit. The usage on memory side will up too, so you can expect them to run higher.. But seriously, i dont know, i have not really seen any test on this ( or take care of them ).

It should be marginal at best outside idle ( with 3 monitors your card with idle at higher clock speed.

Last edited: May 1, 2013

5. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Temperatures will be fine. Only way you are going to see higher temps, is if you aren't running the cards at 100% load on the games you are playing now. I run 3x refernce 7970's on air using 5760x1080 eyefinty. I notice no temperature difference benchmarking card on a single screen or at eyefinity resolutions.

6. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    THanks.

How are you finding tri crossfire? I hear its more stable than dual?

7. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Trifire is pretty amazing...great scaling, I can play most games with maxed settings. Stability wise it is no different then crossfire. I found that using a frame limiter gives much smoother gaming when running Trifinity.

Awhile ago there was a driver issue with crossfire+eyefinity on the x79 and x58 systems. You would get a system freeze but it has since been fixed in a driver update. That has been my only issue so far, minus a few games not supporting eyefinty. The folks over at Widescreen Gaming Forums have a app that is called Flawless Widescreen that will tweak\hack games to fix issue with eyefinity.

Here is a few video of my son gaming, sorry the quality is not great all I have is a Iphone.

Defiance Eyefinity

Darksiders 2

Black Ops 2 Eyefinity