880 GTX who's getting one?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by goat1, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Imagine the price on that thing. :D

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Not me, don't care.

3. vkman

vkman Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Gaming X
    Just got myself a 780Ti, runs all the games i play perfectly. No need for me to upgrade for at least a few years.

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    What is it with guys doing 780ti sli, let alone tri sli? Seriously, whats the point? One should be more than enough even at 1440. 4k, I can see, but if your at 1080, seems like a huge waste of money....

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    1440p 100hz vsync'd at max or near max settings. Definitely not a waste for for me. You can't do this on 1 780ti without making substantial comprises to image quality.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well for 1080p it's more than enough, even one Ti. These cards are made for something more let alone upcoming cards, that's why i'll keep mine until i upgrade a monitor.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I'll get 4 even though my mobo only supports 3SLI, 1 will be just for physx :grin:

8. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    That's what being an enthusiast is all about. We don't care about practicality, we care about obtaining the best possible experience. There are many ways to make use of additional GPU horsepower, even in "overkill" situations.

9. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Don't really see the point. it'll be overpriced as hell as usual. 870 will probably be the real value, but not that it matters. This 770 runs everything fine for now. Will probably upgrade with 900 series.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I understand the enthusiast deal, but theres a point where you gotta say, , seriously, is this really worth it? I think it's more for attention/bragging rights.

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You're falsely assuming that everyone earns the same amount of money that you do and that everyone has the same priorities. For some, building the most aesthetically pleasing rig is what matters. Others want the highest performance possible. If they can afford it, and they want it, then it's worth it to them. It's not like they're buying it from Alienware just to say they're cool.

It's the same deal with someone who's a car or racing enthusiast. Variety is the spice of life. What you're suggesting is that everyone should go for the most sensible choice. Why buy a Porsche when a Camry gets you from A to B? Same sort of logic.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's not up to you to judge how other people choose to spend their money and just because someone wants to indulge themselves with a high end rig does not mean they need attention or like to brag.

There are people out there who would say that you have spent way too much on a PC but screw them, right?

I'll never understand why how others spend their money is such a cause of concern for some people.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Exactly. It's like they want to educate people on the foolishness of their ways or something. "If I had your money I wouldn't spend it so foolishly". Well, you don't have their money, so what value does your input have exactly?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If you got it let it burn.. :D

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Words to live by mate, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

And these days, you really don't know :eek3:

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Who are you to judge what other people do with their own money? Attention or bragging rights. Not in my case. I exained earlier why I have 780ti sli.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Mine is purely for bragging rights man!!! Look at MY specs and laugh in horror!!!!

I'll wait to see what NVidia and AMD both bring this time around. It'll have to be a substantial upgrade for me to justify it. If NVidia goes the same route with GPGPU performance as they did with Kepler, it'll be a no-go regardless of graphics performance.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Going to wait for GM200 also, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a 2nd 780Ti though.

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I skipping the GTX 880's, if I need more power, i would just grab a second GTX 780 when that time comes. By that time they should be more cheaper.

20. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Skipping 800 series, although I wish I had more vram.

I'm interested to see performance but mostly the price though.

Looking for a single card with the perf of my current two cards, then i'll upgrade.