Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    not sur if the textures/models have the POM data, i mean you cant just enable it like magic without giving the textures data about how it should curve and represent the models

maybe they completely removed the data for it from models

2. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    but you can not add the parameters of wet conditions, on that of dry, to ensure that there is a 3d effect like this? :3eyes: :3eyes: :3eyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    The parallax mapping uses a texture to get the height, so it could search for a removed texture, or maybe it could use the normal map texture to get the heightmap, I should look at how other games manages POM to be sure though...

4. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    I think you are right Essenthy about PC's and next gen consoles getting a version that is slightly better than the old gen consules.

Every time you watch the e3 2012 demo my goodness the difference is so biggggg even the ps4 reveal demo looks great compared to the final product, no mod can ever make it look like the 2012 demo unfortunately :(

The whole atmosphere is so different the lighting effects are so good even some sounds got removed I remember hear noise of cans on the floor rolling by which are not in the game anymore btw.

As for leaving some of the old files in.... Why would they have left some in ? you don't anyone to see this kind of thing specially not with little notes like "we are running out of production time" I believe they left them in on pupose and they knew someone would find them, and I like a good conspiracy theory :)

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    It's in the game, it's just a bit different. I've heard it several times.

6. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah the cans sound is in there you just have to turn up the volume to hear it, actually the sound levels in the game are very very low wich is weird for an AAA game, you can barely hear the background music, Aiden foot walk sound is near unhearable, i wonder if they even had time to do proper mastering at this point

and about the files you can imagine lots of scenario, i know that devs never delete this kind of files, because you always need them at one point to recycle contents/settings optmize ect ...

or maybe they didnt even have time to remove them

maybe they didnt expect peoples decrypting the files, but that's highly unlikely since Far cry 3 was already getting moded and both games used same files structure

or maybe they left them on purpose knowing the hype would explode if someone find them , wich actually happened, remember guru3d forums being down just because of that watch dogs thread ? the thread on neogaf got more than 1m views in less than a day ect ...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  7. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
  8. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
  9. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i already tried to edit the reliefmapping, there was no difference when i changed some stuff, maybe i am doing something wrong? I don't know, other people would have to take a look but in my experience with it there was no change, there must be something else that could help with the pom, maybe this is not the actual setting we are looking for. There has to be something else, there has to be. Otherwise, they just took it out altogether, hopefully they won't pull the same crap they did with this watch dogs on watch dogs 2...

10. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    will not be that you have to put in some settings, minus the value for the depth of the soil?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    hmm, i am still testing out this shader, it is quite hard to figure out as i have never done such things as this.

12. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Fuqing greedy ubisoft, they shouldn't have even planning the development of the game for PS3, X360 & WiiU in the first place. Then we would have even better game right now, not just graphically. I'm just hoping they're not planning on releasing Watch Dogs 2 on past gen.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  13. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    there is POM in the game and the file you're looking at is working, its more a matter of where it exist and where it dosnt, and that cant be just activated by modifying some settings ( thats what i think i might be wrong ) i think they simply removed the needed data for it on most of the other models, i dont think you can have it without tweaking models/textures to begin with

just like Aiden coat physics, the physics is nearly the same as the E3 demos, they simply disabled the upper mesh/bones of it from his back ( they do exist when you load the model in blender ) you can tweak as much as you want ther's no way to have move it move better without re tweaking Aiden model

as for WD2, am pretty confident that it will blow original WD, ther's 99% chance it will be only for current gen ( ps4,xbone,pc ) ther's no reason to still make for last gen

am more afraid of them dropping Aiden, that would be so disappointing

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i know, Aiden was an amazing character in my opinion, he is the one that freaking started watch dogs, why get rid of him when he can be improved in the next one!
    But from the rumors i have seen, WD2 might be huge, it could be in a bunch of different cities and also have more diversity in the AI and character themselves. This sounds pretty good to me. When is E3 2015? Maybe they might announce it then...

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    yeah saw the rumors articles, they all came from some obscure Kpop fansite, wich you wonder what the **** they have to do with gaming to begin with, let alone watch dogs .. i wish they kept the old creepy uncle aiden from E3 , he sound/look 10 billions time more cooler than the average joe on the released game

16. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    yes that is so true, he was so much more epic before, i mean he is still really cool now, but he was so much better back then! I they bring that Aiden back , then we will have more people enjoying him

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Found another side effect of Temporal SMAA - it removes (smoothers) the glitching of the lights when they turning on after blackout. Just a heads up for those who using it.

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i never had issues with the blackout, i do not know what you guys have been talking about because the light explosion effect always happens for me. Were you guys able to fix your problems with that other than just using temporal smaa?

19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I was talking about glitching/flickering not explosions, read again.
    About explosions: the explosions disappeared for me after I disabled Cloud Saving in Uplay. I enabled it recently, the effect came back, but it still comes and goes after some online play.

20. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    You know that old model of Aiden, aka creepy uncle could be used in WD2, I hope, considering how ubisoft is known of altering faces of main hero in their series (Desmond in AC 1, AC 2, AC 3, etc). They could also fast forward the story to a time when Aiden got older so face changed, I really wish they would do that.

But after bad blood, I fear that ubisoft might change the whole spectre to more fun, crazy, and unserious attributes, like T-bone is.