Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I've been digging through facialposedefinition.lib and tried exchanging some values from old.Tanner.xml to malechar01.xml, theres 2 values that needs to be left untouched or you will get crash on strartup, so I kept those 2, while rest were fully swapped with values from old.Tanner, however, I'm not seeing any differences.

Anyone got an idea what does this .lib do?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I guess it's not enough then. Maybe even impossible in retail version.

3. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    does malechar01.xml correspond to aiden ?

4. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I suppose it should be? I mean official list of heroes is char01/male01 - aiden, char02/female02 - clara... etc? No female01 either in the lib.

5. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i swapped the two files but didnt see any difference, just that Aiden mouth dosnt move when he talk

6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Guys, how you like my Medium DOF? Should I proceed and add it to all other cameras?

7. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    yes, you are right.
    add them work, butsome added /edited shaders need to start a new ggame to get them work. in cause of an shader cache, wich is Not edit able in save games.

In defaultrenderconfig.xml is a code how you should add the shaders
    (open the file with notepad ++, so you will see a descrption how the "code" must look, it is wrote in green)

edit the shaders, and found the codes in engine/settings/shader
    (hope this helps a little bit)
    ps there you also can found the subsurface scattering called sss

8. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    i tried it the other day work really fine !

9. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Sorry I couldn't test it (not at home). Tomorrow I will be able.
    It's the kind of DOF I seek so...

10. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB

11. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    very nice job essenthi! though it is incomplete... if you play the mission rat's lair and get into a chase you will notice that there is more to the song than just that melody you played, actually that is only the beginning of the whole song :)
    Just wanted to inform you as this sounds very nice but should add this part to it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KFU8YSDLUg
    This is what is supposed to be the rest of the song you made.
    Hope that was helpful :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  12. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  13. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
  14. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    oh you're right thanks, i just replayed the mission , i tried to follow the E3 version wich dosnt have that second part, i might include it in another version, i though about making a full unofficial OST with all the songs that arnt in the official OST

15. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    nop sorry Txgt, i didnt find that one :(, the versiont that i found also has aiden voice over it, but i found the next song that play when the criminal chase start its pretty cool

16. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    because its not really playable, its made just for rainy nights, i have to fix some textures that have too much reflection too

17. genstar

genstar Guest

GPU:
    gt540
    sorry but the reflections on the cars, at night, I repeat, at night, now appear after updating the patch ubisoft or after updating the nvidia driver?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    i have been thinking that maybe the reason we don't see the parallax occlusion mapping is because they scrapped the meshes that had the mapping in it and replaced it with some that does not include pom in it, just a theory but why else would we not be able to see it after all this? Maybe there is something buried deep in the game files that we have not looked before that could enable or maybe it was just scrapped all together, either way the game still looks amazing but it would be even more amazing if we could just get that back.
    Is it possible to do what Skyrim modders have done with the parallax occlusion mapping and make the meshes again? Or is the file type that Ubi uses alien to the tools that people use to make the mesh?
    I have seen someone turn the XBG into a file that could be used by blender but the name of the site i found it on escapes me... But what i remember is that he had to do some sort of scripting? I do not entirely remember but he was able to change the format of the Aiden model and make it editable in blender, the thing is when i downloaded it the first time, i noticed that i do not know how to use blender, lol
    Ugh, i will search for the site in which i found it on because that could be helpful to out endeavors in making the game look even more awesome than it already does! :banana:

19. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    hehe, i already found the forum! http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11602
    that is the link to the forum i was talking about in my last post,
    Here is the link to the files for the models in which can be used in blender 249 http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11602

And then here is a site that was shown on the thread, i have not looked at it but you guys may be interested so i am going to put it in there :) http://www.zmodeler3.com/
    Hopefully people know how to script in blender and actually model in blender too ! :D

20. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I talked with a guy who had knowledge about XBG, he said that he has no plans to release this kit, since he lost interest in the game.

Such a shame.