Guru3D Rig of the Month - April 2012

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The Rig of the Month April 2012 is one of these builds that you keep you eye on all yellow all pimped. Though the innards could have been dealt with a bit more nicely it's still a ravager of a system...

More...

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Looks like a Lamborghini thats been chopped up and re-assembled as a PC.

3. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    I would be great with more inside pics :(

4. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Snazzy case mod! I'm normally not a fan of the color yellow, but that looks pretty sweet.

5. whats the cpu in there? pretty sure there was no mention of cpu, also, what clocks?

Edit :Checked his screenies for 3d mark, i7 2600k at 5ghz with HT enabled, not bad :) gpus seem to be at 930mhz.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Going from tri 580s to quad 7950s... why?! It's not going to scale for squat with a fourth card.

7. P00peyes

P00peyes New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    I'm unimpressed...

Sure it looks pretty from the outside etc... But it's clear that the owner just has too much money and didn't even do any of the work himself.

The inside of the case looks like it was just slapped together and hasn't been quite finished yet.

I don't mean to sound too negative here... Just my two cents.

One last thing though... What the hell is with that desk?! Someone actually SITS there and plays games? There's absolutely no room whatsoever. Never mind the fact that the speakers are in front of the monitors obstructing the view either. The seating position so close to three (!) 30" monitors? Wow... gotta hurt the eyes. And the mouse/pad sitting directly above the keyboard... Just looks unco' to me

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

How about you submit a rig for entry yourself ?

9. P00peyes

P00peyes New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    Bugger...

I thought someone would say that. Re-reading that post I realize how critical it comes across.

I have indeed thought about entering for rig of the month myself however I've not thought that any of my builds would be worthy of the title. Also, my current style PC has been done before (it's another desk build - nowhere near as snazzy as the last one featured here for rig of the month).

10. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    "3 * 1000tb hdd for games"

I hope this is a typo.

11. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Looks great, the only downside is the tubing looks like it was poorly painted and i think sticking to the more yellow+black theme would be more appealing, other than that good effort.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Who are you^...Please...Go away...

Back on subject...Im Impressed...Nice dam Rig......

13. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

Yeah this was the only thing I noticed. I love the black/yellow exterior and was hoping to see that them continued more on the interior, I assume he was trying to coordinate with the mobo/ram color.

I do wish there had been more interior shots, he talks about how they fit 2 PSUs in the case but you can't see them except in the corner of one shot. The external radbox looks great on the outside but interior shots would be nice.