AMD Catalyst 11.9 [RAGE Driver] (8.892.3 October 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    You don't even need to do this - just put it in the game folder (if you only want it to take affect for Rage)

2. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Because the thread linking to these drivers on the steam forum was closed due to these being the old drivers we've been told to ignore.

Just... confused... that's all.

3. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Well looks like they don't know how things work in here :)
    Install the driver and enjoy your game.

4. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    Used these for about 10 minutes and they are awesome so far!!!:banana::banana:

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I know, but since it is an newer OGL driver - wanted to replace it globally to test some of my older games -> :vader: ;-)

7. gooface

gooface Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
  8. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
  9. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
    Can someone post a screen with versions of each component? to see if it is newer than the BF3 driver for D3D too.

10. gooface

gooface Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    These are the new ones:
    http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3715/newgbo.jpg

These are the ones that were posted yesterday:
    http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4000/oldtf.jpg

Enjoy!

Getting a constant 60 fps (1920x1080, 8x AA) with these and no more glitches. Force vsync in the CCC if you want to get rid of the tearing and enjoy the game!

also for those that didnt see the new CAP: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...-profiles.aspx

dont know if it includes Rage profiles or not, but its the latest one.

11. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Anyone has problems with this and other OpenGL apps? I cant run Modo 501 or Marmoset tool bag with this because it makes my system Freeze :S

12. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    fixes rage, much more like the nvidia drivers now.

13. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    Overall incredible smooth this driver...I like it :nerd:

14. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    New drivers gave me nothing but stuttering, BAD stuttering.

15. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Okay, did the game stop working for anyone AFTER they installed the latest ATI hotfix that was released earlier today? (Filename: amd_catalyst_rage_performance_driver.exe -- and yeah I've confirmed I have the newest one based on version numbers and comparing with screenshot above)

I made sure to download the newer one that was released today. Before I installed it, Rage was working, but the textures were loading really slow like everyone's complained about... Then after installing the ATI Rage Hotfix, the game won't even start (it crashes just a few seconds after launch, before you even get to the menu screen).

Anyone else experiencing this? I read here about trying to fix some crash issues by disabling Vsync, but when I opened my CCC I made sure that it was still set to "Application Default, Off unless specified." Does RAGE automatically use Vsync unless it's forced off? (Plus, I coulda swore it WASN'T using Vsync even when it was working for me, because it looked like there was some major screen-tearing going on.) What about "AMD Optimization" and Tesselation?

Anyone have any advice? I have RadeonPro so if needed, I can try to create some custom profile for Rage...

16. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    Crashed for me before rebooting with hotfix, afterwards it was nothing but a quagmire of stutter.

Stutter to the point where the logo movies ran 20 times longer due to freezes.

17. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    EDIT: Okay, I actually got the game to launch and work by TOTALLY disabling Vsync, so yeah, RAGE must enable it itself... I also noticed that the slow texture loading seems to be fixed with this newest ATI hotfix, but God, the screen-tearing is horrible... We're just gonna have to wait for a patch, right? There's nothing else we can do ourselves with the OGL console settings, either in-game or by manually creating a CFG file? I suppose if it always crashes with Vsync then the answer would be no...

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    turn off OGL tripple buffeing to fix stuttering. worked for me. and make sure antistropic is set for app controlled, not forced.

also, complete uninstall of ati drivers, driver sweep, and reinstall fixed freezes for me.

radeon pro even works now.

19. WaxPaper

WaxPaper Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5870 (Mobile)
    Do you mean if you turn off Triple Buffering and set Antistropic to app controlled, Vsync will work without crashing the game?

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    havent tried vsync as i get a solid 60fps with 8x aa, and without vsync forced..

but those options stoped the freezing every 5 seconds, and the random crashes

once you get radeon pro operational, it will be easier to fiddle with the vsync. Its a pain in CCC.

here was my process:

intital install.
    wouldnt run, blackscreen on start, tab out crash.
    uninstall drivers, driver sweep, reinstall rage drivers
    got splash screens and main menu, but random crashes on intro, never got to game
    turned of all amd optimizations, and set all to HQ (used to be called Catalyst AI)
    got through intro, game started, froze/stuttered every 5 seconds for a few seconds
    turned off OGL tripple buffer
    radeon pro now works, and no more freezes/stutters, but still random crashes
    changed antristropic to app controlled
    no more random crashes.

last items still open: level loading still crashes occasionally, and very minor screen tearing (fiddling with flip que may fix tis, ill check it out)

i have a distinct feeling that people with the muddy texture loading issues is idtech5 engine not detecting the proper memory on the video card for scaling, as it seems to keep loading and unloading the textures as you move around. I have a 2gig 6950, and havent had that issue.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011