Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    too much to put into my minds. i think i better empty my minds before playing this. iam playing so many games at the same time. :(

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is there a way to zoom in/out when your in the rocket building area? Moving the mouse wheel it just moves the camera up and down.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    + and - will zoom in and out when in build mode...

Today I made a space shuttle~~~ that I actually put in space with a rather elaborate rocket, I will take some screenshots of it tomorrow.. rather sleepy now..

*goes to bed*

4. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Shift and mouse wheel.

If your rockets are unstable, use wings and advanced SAS. Advanced SAS will use wings to stabilize your ship, but you have to turn it on with T.

5. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    If your rockets are unstable- STRUTS! Also, if you guys are having a hard time doing something, you could always ask me to do a stream, I like streaming and teaching.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Here is my Space Shuttle~ I actually got it into space and orbit~

If your playing this game, post what you are building for others to see~~!!~~!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Trying to get into orbit with a large ship is so freaking hard *___*

*edit*

Finally created a functional, stable, easy to fly, Space Shuttle / Jet . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel lonely here.. isn't there anyone else playing this game 9__9

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My first balanced Jet~ It is roughly based on the Russian SU-35.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    From my first Duna (Mars) manned(kerballed?) landing. Was pretty difficult but fortunately I had just enough fuel to get back to the command module that was in orbit with a Kerbal aboard. The top part of the lander is still in orbit for reuse. This mission took lots of preparation.
    [​IMG]

Deploying a rover and communications relay tower on the Mun.
    [​IMG]

My main space station (22 years old in-game)
    [​IMG]

I'd recommend http://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg/videos for learning how to do things.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! Your space station is amazing!!

I haven't even made it to the moon yet.

I have 3 kerbals stranded in space... I'm making a rescue rocket to go get them... but I can't help but feel whoever goes up after them will also be stranded xD

11. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz

Before long you'll be landing on the Mun no problem, follow a tutorial on the youtube channel I linked.

Start with probes, you'll feel less guilty about crashing them or getting them stuck in space.

Also make use of quicksave(F5) and quickload(hold F9), if you need to redo something.

This is the first rocket I used to get a Kerbal to the Mun and back, it can be improved.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I have the same problem. Except my 3 kerbals never made it to orbit so they are spinning wildly out of control in space.

I'm definitely checking out those youtube tutorials.

13. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    The game has kept me coming back for well over a year now. Super addictive. Some recent screenshots.

Interesting story behind the Duna landing. It was an Apollo-like mission - the main command pod would remain in orbit with 1 Kerbal while the other 2 land. When designing the lander I wasn't thinking about the center of mass when I added the radial parachutes (1 on each of the side fuel tanks).

When I arrived in orbit around Duna, right before undocking the lander I noticed that the parachutes would cause the lander to flip around when they deployed which would make a landing not possible.

Decided to go through with the landing anyway. When the parachutes deployed (but not yet fully opened) I was able to keep the lander right-side-up, but when I was just a few hundred meters from the ground and they fully deployed the lander was swiftly flipped upside down.

With some quick thinking from the Kerbals onboard the parachutes were cut and they flipped the vehicle back up and used the engines for the remaining descent. Twas a close call. Phew.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  14. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I did my Duna mission Apollo style also, mainly so I could use two tried and tested craft, and because it's so cool. After de-orbiting, landing, returning and docking to transfer the crew I left the upper lander in orbit for later reuse.

[​IMG]

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well only got this game yesterday and it really is quite fun, apart from construction which seems a tad hit and miss, especially when trying to exactly place items on seperators. Anyway been learning the ropes and have gotten to this part.

Tried several different vehicles to get this thing in to a stable orbit and it was a final chance try out that worked, only problem is I forgot to add solar panels to this so now I have two guys stuck in orbit with a rapidly diminishing power supply.

[​IMG]

Gonna send up a solar panel and fuel storage modules next, should be a bit easier as they will be a good deal smaller and probably unmanned.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I put my Jet Fighter on Mediafire to share with you guys if you want to play around with it.... or to take it apart to see what I did..

Put craft file in "KSP\saves\USERNAME\Ships"

Aircraft go in SPH folder... and Rockets go in VAB folder.

I like this jet, It's fun to fly close to the ground and do tight turns.. You can even go vertical until you run out of air for the engines to breath.

Mediafire Link http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e22kkijci2681n1

-----

I'm going to try getting to the moon..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It is so hard to do this.... I saw someone else do Multi-rocket nozzles on the large fuel tanks... It took me 2 hours to figure out how to do it xD

[​IMG]

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have found using this addon very useful "Subassembly Saver"... You can save configurations of parts, so for instance the Multi-Nozzle Rocket I posted an image of above, I have saved the grey fuel tank with all the nozzles and fuel lines as something I can load and then put into a craft, It's useful for very difficult parts...

You can download it here >> http://kerbalspaceport.com/subassembly-saver-loader/

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am designing an SSTO.. Single Stage to Orbit..

The strange looking part of the fuselage contains 2 Medium RCS Fuel Tanks and 6 Small RCS Fuel Tanks, so It has internal RCS Fuel Storage!! Intended of course when I finally get this into outer space.

I haven't quite finished it yet, but it is capable of flying very nicely, if you would like to try what I have done so far, you can download the .craft file here >> http://www.mediafire.com/?f71c4ir4nrht78i

Put .craft file in KSP\saves\YOURUSERNAME\Ships\SPH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I just got this game on Steam. All I've managed so far was a successful space flight, but no stable orbiting yet. Both tests with my basic 2 stage rocket were a success though, and the kerbal involved landed safely each time. Feels good man. I'm trying to learn this game 100% on my own for extra fun and challenge.