SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Turn OFF SMAA in sweetFX. In game FXAA works much better . If you want good AA use downsampling with FXAA. Luma pretty clean the image. I have only one game where works well SMAA+FXAA (Batman Arkham City). In other games it blurs the image.

2. PandoraX357

PandoraX357 Guest

GPU:
    560GTX-ti 2G Twin FrozrII
    @jim2point0 Thanks for responding. I "had" AA forced thru nvidia inspector, with luma much lower, and the image was greater improved. But it causes the zoomed-in sniper scope crossairs to disappear. This unfortunately, impacted my playstyle too much and had to disable, so now I'm trying to balance luma+fxaa. But really having a hell of time time finding that line between blurred and crisp. The vanilla game gave me very bad staggered lines.
    I noticed the vines white lines too, but wrote it off as poorly done engine simulated reflections, or meshes. Lowered luma without fxaa was very grainy for me.
    Also, my approach overall is attempting to stay as true as possible to vanilla, so I'm using tonemap and s-curve to increase contrast, and make colors richer yet less saturated. (note: I'm still experimenting with LGG a bit in this regard. You can see the current settings I was dancing with, but not enabled for this config.
    Ill post back a few B&A shots tomorrow.
    Thanks for the feedback as well. Honestly, i wasn't sure whether the smaa was actually affecting anything or not. As mentioned, still wip, so its pretty much still mid test.
    Only reason I hadn't DS yet, is cause my gpu is already heavy handed compared to the rest of my out dated specs, and havent fully read up enough to know the impact relative to rest of hardware. Many thanks for tips. Ill drop smaa, and take these comments in consideration moving forward.
    Like I said, I can't find that sharpness balance. It seems I'll get near images to my liking, but distant details fail. Change this and that, then it reverses. Haha, FC3 and FC2 are definitely two separate animals. Granted, the PH has alot to do with it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  3. melbourne47

melbourne47 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660
    @Gembel
    Can you post the settings for this :D
    And in these screen shots, are you using the texture mod?

@QuadReaktor
    Can you also post your settings? Thanks :D

@both
    I'm comparing different settings for far cry 3 and studying their differences so that I will be able to make my own later on that perfectly suits my taste :D

4. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Skyrim Imaginator + SweetFX

Just some samples of what I'm working on. I would like some advice on how to lower the intensity of the greens and create a warmer feel during the day. I find the day to be really bright no matter what I do and really vibrant where as I find the nights and evenings perfect in my opinion. I would also like some advice from someone who has played with ugrids to see what is the best quality but yet is stable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SweetFX Present
    Code:
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                      Choose effects                         /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM         1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR           1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX           0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP       0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES        0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER        0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0        // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.50   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 2        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                             // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
    #define HDRPower 1.30  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.87  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
    #define Red   5.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 5.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  5.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
    #define RGB_Lift  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
    #define Gamma 1.0        //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
    #define Vibrance 0.09 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
    #define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

5. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Sure melbourne47 :)

/ Choose effects /

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 40 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.50 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

#define pattern 4 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.

#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /
    #define HDRPower 1.20 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2 1.07 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.98 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/ Cineon DPX settings /
    #define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma 2.75 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.25 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.40 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.35 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
    #define RGB_Lift float3(1.150, 1.150, 1.150) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(0.940, 0.850, 0.850) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain float3(0.910, 0.970, 1.100) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/ Tonemap settings /
    #define Gamma 0.80 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure -0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.15 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.050 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(1.20, 1.20, 1.10) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
    #define Vibrance 0.25 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /
    #define Curves_contrast -0.40 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/ Dither settings /

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.

/ Splitscreen settings /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

6. SOGMARK5

SOGMARK5 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6700
    I am trying to use SweetFX 1.33 on Far Cry 3. Wow! This is fantastic improvement!

So, I tried Sweet FX 1.33 on a Novalogic game from 2004. The game is titled Joint Operations Typhoon Rising and it says on the game box that it requires DX8/9. The game is running a mod called Advanced Warfare 2.

When I tried SweetFX 1.33 it seemed to work for about 15 minutes, but then it temporarily messed up other software (MS Office) on my computer… everything is ok now since I rebooted the computer and removed SweetFX from the game mentioned.

Anyway, I wanted to check here before attempting again… has anyone tried SweetFX 1.33 on Joint Ops AW2 with success?

7. Leilu

Leilu Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 SLI
    The "GamerProfile.xml" link for Far Cry 3 returns to the home page. Could you share it?
    Great website. ;) I hope the game list will continue to grow.

8. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    I posted it somewhere in this thread before... I'll try and remember to upload it when I get home. But honestly, what are you expecting to see out of that? There isn't much you can really modify in that file that will change the game drastically. It's mostly turning things on and off as per your own preference.

You can just use Jonas' example config from this post and modify it to your liking. For example, in <post> I disable SSAO, motion blur and FXAA.

EDIT: WHOOPS. My work computer still logs me into my old account. I should fix that :(

9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
  10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I might be misunderstanding the point of this... but the way paint colors mix is totally different than how you mix colors in the digital realm. On that site, red + green = black. In Photoshop, Red + Green = Yellow :p

I need games to play. I tried Darksiders 2... but I get 15 FPS using the same AA mode and resolution that I use in Far Cry 3... where I get 60 FPS.

11. Exploder87

Exploder87 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 680 Phantom
    Guys, does anyone know how to make SweetFX work with the Serious Sam HD-remakes? The game fails to start when I put the files in the "bin" folder where the game executable is located.

The log says:

"full path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter\Bin\
    redirecting CreateDevice
    initialising shader environment
    D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
    try to use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter" for shader files"

I've tried putting the files in the main folder but it doesn't seem to work in-game.

12. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    no click on secondary colors. If you click on secondary color tool to show you how to get to the color.

green= yellow(1)+blue(1)
    click on RED add 1 point to RED, after you click on green tool add 1 point to blue and one to yellow=GREEN but + RED=BLACK

it works perfectly :)

sorry my english is not very good...

13. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Setting:

/ Choose effects /

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 40 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.50 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

#define pattern 4 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.

#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /
    #define BloomPower 1.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /
    #define HDRPower 1.20 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2 1.07 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.98 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/ Cineon DPX settings /
    #define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma 2.75 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.25 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.40 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.35 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
    #define RGB_Lift float3(1.110, 1.110, 1.110) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(0.960, 0.880, 0.950) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain float3(0.980, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/ Tonemap settings /
    #define Gamma 0.75 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure -0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.10 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.15 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.050 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(1.50, 1.20, 1.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
    #define Vibrance 0.30 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /
    #define Curves_contrast -0.36 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /
    #define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/ Dither settings /

/ Splitscreen settings /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  14. PandoraX357

PandoraX357 Guest

GPU:
    560GTX-ti 2G Twin FrozrII
    @Gembel Beautiful shots!! Are you using the ingame fxaa, and/or forcing any settings through gpu driver/control panel?

15. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    To use yellow in tonemap add "#define FogColor float3(2.55, 2.55, 0.00)"
    and in gamma lift gain 5% yellow would be "#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.050, 1.050, 1.000)"

Color values can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors#Yellow

16. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    Dead Space 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    COD Modern Warfare 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  17. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    yes I know how to mix yellow but if it would be separately are easy to mix more colors. FXAA post Process Injector has a separate yellow color in tonemap. Thanks for link. is very useful.

18. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Sweetfx 1.0 tonemap looks to have the same tonemap as fxaa injector.
    I have only tested this on dx11 and it works fine,replace the current tonemap in sweetfx/shaders folder with this one(from sweetfx 1.0)

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TONEMAP
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

float4 TonemapPass( float4 colorInput )
    {
    float4 color = colorInput;
    #define BlueShift 0.00
    color = max(0, color - Defog * FogColor);
    color *= pow(2.0f, Exposure);
    color = pow(color, Gamma);
    float4 d = color * float4(1.05f, 0.97f, 1.27f, color.a);
    color = lerp(color, d, BlueShift);
    float3 lumCoeff = float3(0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722);
    float lum = dot (lumCoeff, color.rgb);
    float3 blend = lum.rrr;
    float L = min(1, max (0, 10 * (lum - 0.45)));
    float3 result1 = 2.0f * color.rgb * blend;
    float3 result2 = 1.0f - 2.0f * (1.0f - blend) * (1.0f - color.rgb);
    float3 newColor = lerp(result1, result2, L);
    float A2 = Bleach * color.rgb;
    float3 mixRGB = A2 * newColor;
    color.rgb += ((1.0f - A2) * mixRGB);
    float4 middlegray = float(color.r + color.g + color.b) /3;
    float4 diffcolor = color - middlegray;
    color = (color + diffcolor * Saturation)/(1+(diffcolor*Saturation));
    return color;
    }

Then replace tonemap settings in sweetfx_setting txt with this

/ Tonemap settings /
    #define Gamma 1.0
    #define Exposure 0.0
    #define Saturation 0
    #define Bleach 0
    #define Defog 0.01
    #define FogColor float4(0, 0, 2.55, 0) //Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah very nice shots Gembel. :thumbup:

20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Thanks for the tip. i will try it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.