Divinity Original Sin - Best RPG since Ultima VII?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PearlChoco, Apr 28, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You mean like this? I saw that earlier but was a bit unsure, never bought off a key site before and don't want my key to vanish cause it's stolen.

Btw, make sure to not go too far, your saves will be lost on release.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Game is up for the community vote, probably the last sale we'll see before release.

And considering the choice on the other side of the vote, seems likely we'll see 20% off.

Make sure to vote for divinity, I want mah cheap game.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I've already voted for the group it's in.

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I've had this in my steam account for sometime now great game looking forward to 30th when it is launched played a little of the starting area not much more as I didn't want o spoil the game.

Anyone who's just picked it up heads up in case you don't know when it goes live on the 30th save games wont work well with any update new games needed atm

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I'll start playing on the 30th.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There seems to be some talk along the lines of that, while saves from launch forward will be compatible with future patches, any content added later will not appear for old saves, only new games.

One example given was two companions not making it into release, they'll be patched in shortly but release saves won't have them.

Edit, post on the matter http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=502142#Post502142

Sounds pretty minor though, not too much of an effect.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/522730701464222457/

This goes into more details on what was said, the AI thing actually looks a bit crippling.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The AI is for your other playable character and directs his/her (You can set gender now.) responses for the moral choices you are sometimes forced to make such as after stealing a item or killing a innocent NPC, initially this was manual so you choose a response for both playable characters (Or in co-op your buddy would choose a response.) but then the AI personalities were added to improve on this though at the moment there will be just two of them which is one that always agree with you and one that is random, they should have had one that always disagrees as well really though ideally having more detailed personalities could also be planned such as having evil or good alignments, or so I've understood it, this will be improved via patches.

Companions is unfortunate if it's just those two you meet early on in the beta (Which means very early on in the game.) but the initial idea was to just have hirelings with more limited options though as of a stretch goal which was reached this was to be expanded to full companions with their own personalities and storylines, still unfortunate that it will just be two early on but more should hopefully be added in future updates.

Finally the 11 level deep special dungeon (Grew for certain funding goals during Kickstarter.) was toned down a bit (It shrunk.) and it doesn't seem to be decided if it will be patched in or just added via the modding functionality that the game offers. (The SDK is said to be pretty advanced really, can change the very game mechanics as I understood it.)

All in all though that's unfortunate but still very minor compared to all those cuts in games we usually never hear anything about, taking the leaked Witcher 3 design documents as a comparison it details stuff such as nearly half the proposed bestiary being cut amongst many other things. (It's still very extensive however as is the game itself if those documents are still accurate.)

8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Larian have been very open about things ive found during the kickstarter/Early access whats a good thing shame a lot of devs cant be like this. I remember watching one of the streams about the editor it was mentioned about 4 player coop mode Devs mentioned upto 6 is possible they had running, They did say they would add the mod in its current state to the steam workshop but there is issues with there Rock Paper Scissors system for characters choices and dialog and it would be up to the community to resolve it.

They also mentioned the mod tools will be the engine? same as what they use to develop the game, So I do thing if they are allowing people the assets what was left out for some reasons it could be possible to patch in the rest of the 11 level dungeon quite easy. I do like how they are encouraging people to mod the game see what they can do with the engine. I get the feeling Larian will be keeping a close eye on what people come up with and could see maybe some thing added to the game officially.

But they have hinted at an expansion maybe in the future already.

9. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    if anyone is intrested i have a key for sale wich i got as a backer(i will ghet the key at release tho)

10. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  12. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
  13. Spoonie

Spoonie Guest

GPU:
    6gig Titan Sli
    As a triple monitor user - I'm hoping someone will release an addon that allows players to move the HUD elements.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Is it going release today 10:00 pst? If so, I'm all over it tonight, was kinda hoping it would launch at midnight last night, but it was still in beta and I am saving myself for full release. Game looks so good though. Btw, you can get it cheaper than steam, I paid £17 for it.

15. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    @eclap I think that's the cheapest around £17 seen it for just under £19 but well worth it imo plus you got a good deal

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game updated, there shouldn't be any updates until release so I guess the game was unlocked early?
    (Previously you were to get a new activation key since the beta keys were being removed but it was recently changed to relying on the same key though you can switch to a GOG one via Larian Vault.)

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    So whats the case is it a full game release finished properly not buggy etc or it still early access bull****

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It's finished but missing a few smaller not necessary features. I posted previously what they were a couple pages back.

Looks like it's the release patch, says no more beta.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/1659890368716231098

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Looks like DLC content is missing atm going to wait till gone 6pm here incase it updates again as it gives you the kickstarter bonus.

Update:
    Looks like it is in game already so its just workshop and Engine needs to be enabled.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014