Gran Turismo 6 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by NoviceRei, Dec 10, 2013.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    I just got mine yesterday! :)

who else got a copy? :nerd:

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I downloaded mine Saturday and have played a bit of it. Improvements so far LOADTIMES sorry for caps but they are almost nonexistent, some new tracks that have never been in GT, damage model seems a bit improved.

Now the bad, still premium and standard cars but have not noticed a note when choosing one that tells you what it is, still has 50 r34's 22 miata's and 17 S2000's among others, and the sound still sucks.

On the gameplay side oh for f*** sake why did the not address the frame drops and screen tear?

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Agree with all those points, still enjoying it though, I dropped the res down on my ps3 to 720p and the screen tear and fps drops are far less frequent, only noticed it rear it's head again on Bathurst, the downside of 720p is of course extra jaggies, but for me I find screen tear far more distracting so it's worth it for me at least.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I love the goodwood trials, some fantastic looking cars in those runs.

Plus in GT5 you could look at people on your fr list profiles within gt5 to see how they are doing, now am i dim or is that feature totally gone from GT6?

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thanks for the tip I have not noticed tearing since also the texture pop-in is improved. Game still looks dated though...... or maybe I'm just spoiled with my PC and the PS4.

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah it's not looking it's best, although sometimes it looks amazing, then some dynamic shadows that run at what seems to be 1fps crop up and reminds you it's running on 7 year old hardware. Really think they should ditch the non premium cars, really ruins the experience for me, seeing a highly detailed fully fleshed out Renault Clio overtake a Honda Civic that was modelled 10 years ago just isn't acceptable in this day and age, roll on GT7 on PS4.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    But i thought it was not about the detail and res, its about teh gameplay. :p

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Gameplay is great on this game the physics engine is awesome but the texture pop-in and flickering shadows break any imersion they achieved with the gameplay.

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Don't get me wrong I'm still enjoying it regardless of the faults, the physics and the driving are amazing, there's just to many other things that haven't moved on since GT4 which is a shame because the potential is there to improve upon these things, but instead they spend their time making sure 800 cars that I doubt too many people would miss are included, while the sound and AI are once again overlooked.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Cant say i have seen much of this, although i have not been looking for any, to busy trying to get that bloody gold on that coffee morning track, and also laughing at the £35 for 7 million credits on the in game store, really anybody buying those credits should have all monetary decisions taken away from them for life, and placed in a padded cell, they are a danger to themselves. lol

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I gave up on the cones for now. And I 100% agree with you on the "dlc".

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Big patch should be live tomorrow. With two more planned for January.

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
  15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    but meh.. cheating is not my way on doing games.. plus i kinda lose another incentive/motive/goal in playing the game.. so that's a lose-lose for me...

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Money glitch meh no thanks.

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Oh dear, i assume Sony will hit this quick and big seeing as it totally negates their credits microtransaction feature in the game, seeing as by doing this glitch one time you can be sitting with 20 M Benz which would net you 400 million in credits. lol

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    1.02 adds some nice stuff the consecutive login is a nice perk and the seasonal events are welcomed. The red bull challenge is not something I'm looking forward to my knuckles already hurt form the memories of using my g27 in GT5.

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve been playing GT6 since the past week and i´ve got to admit that i´m positivily surprised with the game. At first i thought, like many, that GT6 was nothing more than GT5.5 but the amazing gameplay makes all the difference and now it´s possible to have lots of fun with FF cars and weaker cars. And night driving is spectacular specially with certain models like the VW Scirocco, the blue lighted interior is really cool. And the new tracks are very good.

Too bad they still haven´t fixed old problems like the sound, damage and stupid AI.

Still a great game for those who like this kind of games!

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Agreed, on the surface the game looks and sounds like GT5 but once you start driving you'll realise its a different beast. I was doing a BMW 1 series one make race last night and I used the 1-series tii for it @stock parts and I kept saying to myself "god thats some awesome racing!" as the AI was breathing down on my neck at all times but I kept my cool.

Also managed to gold the goodwood festival of speed, in the last event with the red bull X1 I can honestly say that my butthole was going like a rabbits nose in the corners.