Cheap Win 8.1 Keys from MS partner

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Deckard, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Hi Guys,

I dont normally post endorsing a company, but this was so simple,straightforward and legit.

I've just purchased a 4 year old laptop and wanted to upgrade from win 7 to win 8.1 pro, I didn't want to spend $100 for it and found this legit website that offers a substantial discount on win 8.1 pro (and other versions) and other Microsoft software.

You simply choose what version or flavour of win 8.1 you want, checkout with paypal, and they send you the key via email within 6 hours (mine took less than an hour) you can get them to supply you with a download link for an extra £3 or you can just go to Microsoft website and download the any-time upgrade advisor, simply input the key that this company has sent you and you have a fresh copy of win 8.1 for £35 instead of £70-£80. If there are any problems then you can email a lovely lady called SARA and she will sort it out for you. I had no problems at all it was a straight forward process and hassle free. I would definitely recommend these guys.

I can post the link but I don't want to upset the mighty Hilbert, if its OK to post the link I will but for now please PM me and I will send you the link.

** I am in know way associated with this company/website I am merely posting of my experience with dealing and purchasing from them.

Kind Regards

Deckard.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Cheap Microsoft product keys always ring alarm bells with me

3. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    I was exactly the same, but this is really legit, I have an activated win 8.1 copy for £35 no strings even the download link they sent me was an MS one I paid an extra 6.99 for media center from MS and no probelms at all, it would have flagged up if it was not legit

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea you could be getting MAK keys that MS find out are being sold and blacklist at any time

Easy enough to provide genuine download links to Windows ISOs, Digital River links are all over the net

Anyway good luck, hopefully none of the above is true

You could have installed XBMC Media Centre for free though lol

5. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    XBMC is good but I find it slightly cumbersome and prefer media centre

they are a certified MS partner I have checked them out... if you want to have a look yourself send me a PM and ill giver you the link to see for yourself

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nah its fine cheers, Ive got a couple 8.x keys already

7. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    cool no probs

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It got the better of me so I asked MS if they have any partners selling keys for so cheap, this was their reply:

--
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

For your inquiry, aside from Microsoft Store online our legitimate partners on selling our products is Amazon. Any other online shops that sells our product may not be recognized by our company. To avoid any inconvenience in the future, we suggest that it is best to purchase Microsoft products at Microsoft store or our recognized partner reseller.

For further assistance, you can contact Microsoft Customer Service at 0344-800-2400. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Saturday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM. You can also chat with our Answer Tech agents, just visit the website at www.answerdesk.com

[FONT=&quot]Thank you, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Rona[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Microsoft Customer Service Representative[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

9. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I also bought a cheap key with no issues - but it's not a full 8.1 copy. It was an upgrade to windows 8.

That's an interesting, and I'm sure not entirely complete response from MS. There are dozens of legit locations to buy MS products. Surely their legitimate partners is not limited to "is Amazon" or their authorized reseller [Amazon?].

e.g.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/windows-8-1-windows/1805813.p?id=1219064868521&skuId=1805813

Granted, it's not cheap, but one would imagine it is a legitimate, MS authorized sale.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    It may have been referring to activation keys. What Best Buy sells are boxed DVDs. But I'm not sure about it. I bought my retail copy of Windows 8 Pro at Amazon at $100. I wanted retail for its flexibility when upgrading PC components. I already changed my PC and the activation worked on my new rig, after a phone call activation that was.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you work for a public school system that uses Microsoft, you get it free!

12. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    i do work for a public education system, its not free but heavily subsidised. and you can only have 1 copy of something. that's why I used this:)

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I got my unopened unused boxed copy of Windows 8 Pro on eBay for $32. Of course it's now patched to 8.1 Update 1. I'm sure the seller took a loss since he said he bought it on Amazon but never used it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sure post the link, still sounds dodgy though.

15. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    I hope its not, :eek: as I have bought one. they seem OK

http://www.pay4key.com/

16. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    They give a 180 day guarantee. Which is pretty convenient because it's very easy to get a 180 day trial key.

If you want to make sure you are getting something that will last open CMD as administrator and type...
    slmgr -xpr
    Do a little math, make sure you are not getting ripped off.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    180 day sounds suspiciously like KMS to me

As I said earlier, Volume License / MAK key

@ OP - The name of the URL itself says WARNING to me alone

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Gonna hijack the thread.

You guys know where can i buy a w8.1 key for the cheapest? Microsoft site in portuguese is a mess and i don´t need physical disk, just want a key to inject some life into the laptop.

If any of the guru spare a key for me i wouldnt mind either...:grin:

Thanks.

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I hope it's legit, but just sayin' man. The Whois info is protected, there is no address or company info and the email used they use is an (relatively) untraceable gmail address. Doesn't sound good. Then again, the key might be valid MSDN key though. There's a reason why Microsoft wants to close that down.

Also, I checked it out a little, I honestly can't find any negative user comments on these guys. Well, keep us posted though. I mean hey, if it works it works and it would be a great deal.