Razer Game Booster application

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2012.

1. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Could be good for PC noobs who have a whole heap of junk software sucking resources. But for the rest of us with a clue, waste of time.

Focus your resources on making improvements elsewhere Razer instead of wasting time on this. One place to start would be to stop synapse popping up in your face on boot-up, when it used to minimize itself.

2. Q6600

Q6600 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF GTX 3080
    Yea I hate it popping up on boot, I'm beta testing the app, only thing I see is a tad faster loading times thats it so far havn't tested much tho.

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Razer spend more time on packaging the their actual products. I'm not letting this trash anywhere near my computer

4. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    ok lets stop speculating and get some benchmarks going

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    You all missed the point again! Jeeezzz... It's not all about fps you know! It's about shutting down services easily and having them pop back again easily after. It's about not having to mess. It's about conserving memory and not having things running in the background that could steal memory/CPU cycles or try to update itself. Programs/services causing stuttering.

Get it now? You can benchmark all you want. Frames per second will stay the same. Things however will be smoother and take up less memory etc.... as I have already stated above. How do you guys not get that yet???!

This program does what you could do manually. You bother with that don't you? Why? You say this program is trash and will make no difference so why then do you manually configure/tweak Windows if it makes no difference?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Or getting the DPI scaling correct because there's some strange **** going on with synapse compared to the old drivers. Most of the mice enthusiasts with Deathadders have actually decided to switch back to the old drivers atm.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The Synapse 2.0 and my old Deathadder had nothing but problems before I got another mouse. It seems to be working pretty good now that i'm using a Naga Hex.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This and only this.

9. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Wait... I thought it was September, not April 1st.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If they're making the same claim IOBit used to (don't know if they still do as I quit using their software after they were caught stealing the Malwarebyte's signature database)....then the software is nothing but a cheap gimmick. IOBit used to claim that "Game Booster" would increase gaming performance....which I personally found to be a very clear lie. I've seen absolutely no improvements from using this crap. Most systems....at least those like most on this forum are using....won't see any benefit whatsoever from using this crapware. If you have 4GB of ram or more, there's little reason to worry about memory load. If you have 8GB of ram or more....yet memory usage is an issue, you need to consider the importance of the services/apps you have running. Sure, disable your antivirus....that .1fps increase from the reduced cpu load will make a huge difference {sarcasm}... Honestly, after testing this crapware several times since it's release....I can't recommend anyone use it. In my experience, across several platforms (ranging from older Socket 370 Celerons to current Core i7's)...it has made absolutely zero positive impact on performance/stability/smoothness of games. To me, naming this crapware "Game Booster" is misleading at best and bordering on false advertisement at worst....

Here is IOBit's current claim....
    btw, I used IOBit software from the release of Advanced System Care up until they got caught stealing the Malwarebytes signature database.....aside from regular testing of "Game Booster"....

11. Parabola

Parabola Guest

GPU:
    82945G Express Chipset
    IMO, utilities like these are for n00bs that install software without knowing what it does , allow it to install excess stuff (toolbars and the like) and don't know how to use utilities like task manager/msconfig. As for me(or for that matter, the majority of people on this forum), no thanks..

On the positive note though, tools like these provide a one click solution- close non needed programs, switch the power plan to high performance mode(if you are on a laptop.) without you having to do everything on your own.

I used gamebooster for this reason only.

12. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
  13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    What this program does you can manually do yourself as I have...

Tweak & edit the registry, disable startup items, disabling windows services, etc...

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    GB is mostly a shortcut to turn off services and apps, and restart them with ease later.
    Background services take something like 0.1% CPU time,
    so if you gain even a single fps or your games become "snappier" you need to take a real deep look at your windows configuration and/or HW.

As for freeing RAM... wth this ain't not 1995. Still, it's a decent little app, what's with all the fuss?

16. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    men i tryed this and it maed no difference whatsoever i would give it my seel of approvel only if u are desperate for it it might make a difference if you have a really bad pc (10 years old or more) good luck men

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    As I said, the name is misleading at best and false advertising at worst.... If they'd remove the false claims of increasing game performance and give it an appropriate name....I might be more inclined to support this crapware. As it stands, given their naming and advertising....I can't do so in clear conscience. If people want to use it, that's their choice, but they should be made aware that the claims made by IOBit don't hold up in reality.

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    This will work better for low end pc's. I think same as gamebooster might be a bit better or a bit slower it just gives you the advantage of taking screenshots and videos in one app. pretty cool if you ask me.

19. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB
    Both AMD and Intel had their own software that did the same thing.
    Buncha horse****.

20. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    One day Skyrim started to CTD every time I ran it. I was about to just give up on it. I had tried everything to solve the problem and I couldn't figure it out. Anyways one day I found out about Gamebooster and I had the same negative thoughts most of you have. I decided to try it since it wasn't going to hurt anything and I was desperate to get Skyrim from crashing. Well I ran the setup and let it tweak my system. I ran Skyrim for 2 hours with no crash. So I turned it off and ran Skyrim again and in less than a minute it crashed. I tested this a number of times for a few weeks and Skyrim ran crash free with it on "6 hours straight even LOL". A couple months go by and I try the test again, and it crashed.. Now 4 months later with it running, still no crashing. I'm not sure why it wont crash when I run Gamebooster but I'm glad as hell it doesn't. Maybe something running in the background was causing a memory issue while running Skyrim, I don't know. All I know is GB keeps my game from crashing.