Nvidia G-Sync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NobleKing, Oct 18, 2013.

1. NobleKing

NobleKing Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Does anyone know if this G-Sync will work on Radeon Cards? I am considering getting a R9 290x or wait for the new 780Ti. I know I will need a monitor with G-Sync built in, but I need to know if it will work on future AMD cards.

2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Buy for today get the 290x if that's what you want there is always something new coming GTX 780ti I would wait for reviews

Nivdia didn't share physX maybe they will share maybe not

3. NobleKing

NobleKing Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    I guess its for Nvidia Only =(
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...evolutionary-ultra-smooth-stutter-free-gaming

With a NVIDIA G-SYNC monitor, screen tearing, input lag, and even most eyestrain-inducing stutter are simply gone. All it takes is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost or better GPU, and a NVIDIA G-SYNC enabled monitor – age old frustrations will be eliminated, and games such as Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Batman: Arkham City, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Watch Dogs will be enhanced with NVIDIA-exclusive features, resulting in the definitive experience.

Beginning later this year, NVIDIA G-SYNC will be available as monitor module you can install yourself, or buy pre-installed in one of the best monitors currently available. Next year, G-SYNC monitors will be available on the shelves of your favorite e-tailers and retailers, in a variety of screen sizes and resolutions, eventually scaling all the way up to 3840x2160 (“4K”).

4. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    "and a NVIDIA G-SYNC enabled monitor"

LOL, oh we can buy the module to get the dynamic refresh rate?Man, that's bs.

So, as long as my game stays within the minimum fps i am good with v-sync. Most pcs can play with minimum 60fps these days and the stuttering/tearing does not bother me at all. And with v-sync off same thing because i can cap my fps when i need to.

But hey, it's a good feature.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

5. NobleKing

NobleKing Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
  6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yah it's hardware technology people not a software tech... this modifies the refresh rate to directly match the render rate of your GPU. This method would basically eliminate all input lag, stutter and tearing!!

With a standard monitor it refreshes at a set rate, for example 60hz you get one refresh every 16.6667ms with Vsync. Or tearing if your running without VSync. With this new G-Sync tech it will render each frame immediately as it's rendered by your GPU. Well up to the refresh rate limit on your monitor. Sucks it takes new hardware to accomplish this, but there is no way around the set refresh rates on current monitors.

I'm all for introducing new tech like this!! VSync has been around since the days of CRTs. There is no reason to use a set refresh rate on LCDs, it just doesn't make sense.

7. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Will this be added to 120hz monitors? Personally, I would prefer +60fps gaming.

Benq has great anti-ghosting and low response time features, which would go great with this.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    If they work on tv mod kits and all monitor mods this will hit off nicely me thinks, quite simply amazing if it works as intended

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  10. Riffmaster

Riffmaster Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 Lightning Extreme
    Does this eliminate motion blur too?

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh, i hope make kits for all monitor in general There is nothing wrong with my VS248h. But then No Hit to performance when Vsync cant be kept is great idea... this is long time coming I will buy a new monitor but for this tech but only if it stay and not some fad.

But seriously I been want a new way to keep from seeing tearing for 10+ years. this might be it

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Linus from Linustech was looking along how Tim Sweeney was messing with the demo, basically torturing it with lowest minimum and highest maximum framerate, according to the FRAPS counter, the thing went from 30 to 50-ish continuously yet basically stutter, lag, acne free.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Ok, so this device how do we install it ? In our monitors ?

And this basically does that it makes the refresh rates of your monitor to be dynamic ? (I think work only with 120hz monitors, since 60Hz has only 60).

This is a bad thing. Imagine in a game you play on 120Hz and you have 90fps, when your fps drops down to eg: 60fps then your refresh rate from 120hz smoothness drops down also ? So you can have more sluggish 60fps to the cost of removing some minor flicker ??

15. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    The first version is just a hokey DIY mod for ONE particular €300 Asus TN panel, modified by some nVidia buddies IN THE US, and if you're situated in the EU, you'll need a plug adapter to plug the US plug into a euro socket.

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Please explain, what means hokey DIY mod ? Is not that chip they are showing in the picture ?

17. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    G sync chip is integrated directly into the monitor, so it can control it. Far as I can tell they won't be no separate chip to DIY yourself.

18. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ok so i have a capable XL2411T for that g-sync but i can't use g-sync because they don't give the chip ?

19. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Not exactly

It was running at a 144Hz Monitor yes
    But the Demonstration was locked at 60Hz on the Monitor without g-sync!

If they let it run at 144Hz with Vsync off there will have 0 difference between g-sync and the 144Hz Monitor if the FPS dont go over 144hz.

In the same time the G-Sync Monitor havent 60Hz limit it just take what he needs.

It was not just a unfair compare, they are just fooling everyone, too.

I say g-sync is wasted on a 144hz Monitor if your pc cant go ofter 144fps without vsync, but it could be kick ass on IPS/PLS/MVA Panels.
    Overlord Computer will intregrate g-sync in their IPS Monitors. That could be intresting.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Where does it say that ? it says they capped it at 60fps not 60Hz
    you can do that yourself in inspector or msi afterburner.