Galactic Civilizations III - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Oct 15, 2013.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Awesome! Can't wait for this. I always love 4X games. The only thing I miss in most games is planet exploration. Now that would be neat. :banana:

3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    For some reason I always went for cultural superiority whenever I play GalCiv.
    I even played passively as Drengin, posing as a kraken; anyone disturbed my 'sleep' got smacked severely, but otherwise dominating via culture. xb

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I hope the tech tree is improved and they got rid of the square map (hexes ftw). I didn't really like the generic techs in Gal Civ 2.

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Yeah, the tech tree view was a bit convoluted on GalCiv II, to say the least.
    I prefer something like Endless Space's; that's clean and concise.

6. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I would agree with that. The one in Endless Space is great to be fair. Playing through it as we speak!

7. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
  8. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it has a rather high price but according to the developers it's because you'll get all future content for free if you buy the game in this stage of development (Plus the other bonuses outlined in the description on Steam.), no doubt the price will go down for each stage of development and then normalize when the game retails. :)
    (Currently the price will be 50$ from what I got from the Steam forums.)

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea that price i saw it yesterday.......

WTF 99 ****ing dollars for a early access game? can i say suck my @&*$?

it not even a full fing game.....it might not even be playavble early access ffs 99 dollars......

wtf.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's a common complaint on the Steam forums as well, for many of these early-access games, but I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of people who would pay to get games as early as possible, or just to show support to the developers.
    (Maybe something for Activision or EA, early-access Battlefield or Call of Duty...)

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    heres the thing steam early access and the whole steam store is SORELY lacking in quality control as in there is none.

early access games can run the gambit from solid fleshed out products that look and run great to all out fraud.

you want to come out ask 99 dollars for a early acces you better explain yourself realyl damn well well lay out the details really damn well and maybe offer a more reasonable starting price so people can decide if the game is worth it at all.

99 dollars on faith will end badly even if it not galactic civ 3 there will be a game that comes along and does it other games are doing it and people will get burnt.

not a fan not a fan of this certainly.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's certainly true, I don't know the exact guidelines for early-access come to think of it but the games offered via that can be in any shape from alpha to beta or even pre-alpha.
    (With some increasing in price as development continues whereas others start at a high price point which then drops as the game nears completion.)

14. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
  15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    Some of this **** is starting to get out of hand. 100 dollars to **** around with an alpha and then be a beta tester. dont support this kinda **** people...another thing i noticed is it seems at least half the games on steam are this early access BS and it is really quite annoying.

Last edited: May 6, 2014

16. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It is. I think it should be less but at least you get everything that will come out in the year or so to come. But still... it's to much.

I waited for PA to be on sale for £19 before I went for it.

17. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
  18. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Meh, looks like a copy of GalCiv2, which was pretty damn boring.

Imperium Galactica 2 from 1999 is still a better game.

19. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How so? I'm curious. Never played the later.

20. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    It's got the best spy aspect i've seen in a 4x game, has great and detailed diplomacy options, has both space and ground battles, simcity style colony management, 3 cinematic campaigns, 7 or 8 playable races, it's real time with pause and three speeds, random events during the game, ship and tank designer, trading, great interface, good music and skirmish and random maps. It's also got style while i found GalCiv2 very dull and uninspired.