Return of AMD FX: My OC'd AMD FX 8150 review with OC'd 6990 - First Results UP!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by polyzp, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Your are right take this whole thread with an oceans worth of salt. Good advice there

2. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    Why you change your screen name!...

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Personal reasons I'd rather not get into. And my old name was so 2005 lol

4. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Guest

GPU:
    PNY gtx 460 1gig
    Does your parents know your on the net,what are you in 6th-7th grade,cause you sure act like it.:spam::wanker:

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    What me spamming an inaccurate review. I call em like I see them bud. You may like BD beating low clocked Intel's but I would say exactly the same thing comparing an i7 at 5ghz vs a BD at 4ghz. BD is a win in this thread based on low clocked intels

6. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    incorrect, wrong - not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth; "an incorrect calculation"; "the report in the paper is wrong"; "your information is wrong"; "the clock showed the wrong time"; "found themselves on the wrong road"; "based on the wrong assumptions"

source: thefreedictionary

I invite everyone with an FX 8150 that can hit 4.8 stabily , and a 6990 to test their rig with the 15+ benchmarks I have. They will all see that my scores aren't so erroneous. (Give or take error due to memory difference) . Of course me comparing my results with intel cpus at lower frequencies doesnt make the data incorrect. I invite you to do your own research as well of course to get a clearer picture (if you find any sandy bridge @ 4.8 Ghz with 6990 OCd benchmarks id be glad to post comparisons with these as well).

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    All your benches are skewed against Intel and nvidia to some degree. Tests should all be at stock clocks and similarily overclocked CPU and gpu. That is called a fair and impartial test. Since you are unwilling to do that, maybe you don't want to or amd told you not to idk. In a fair fight I believe BD would lose in most tests so you wont be doing that. Can I as why you posted all these reviews on major sites? Yet you have not posted anywhere else on this forum. I do not need to post anymore in this thread as I said everything that need to be said. If you decide to do fair comparisons shoot me a pm and I will have a look. GL

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  8. mik

mik Guest

GPU:
    HD6670
    dafuqs wrong with you guys??? the guy is just showing his tests from his own hard earned rig. why not you guys just help him out and post some of your own benches for comparison. and perhaps this thread he open is for him to show some people if BD bottlenecks a high end video card like HD6990

or youre not reading the article and just looking in to his graphs?? haven't you guys read that he only gets comparison from tom hardware as he do not own any i7 products?(e.g. i7990x, 2600k, SB-E) if some of you have an i7 with hd6990 you can overclock em to whatever clock you want and post the results for comparison... yes??

now that is pointless.. the whole point of his article is to push BD in to its limits and see if it bottlenecks not to compare things at stock. just to remind you IF you have not read the whole thing.

9. mik

mik Guest

GPU:
    HD6670
    just to add.

how come you said nvidia?? he used hd6990 as it is what he has and only get benchmark graphs that is used with an HD6990.

im a newbie here btw but i cant see any reason why people bash someone that worked hard and get no respect. so do you mean that if one benchmark show that intel got beat up that is skewed while if one benchmark show that intel beating up amd that is 100%unbiased.... what do yah reckon?

10. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I like this thread.

AMD's CPUs are just fine.
    Too much crying over synthetics. Go play a game and you can't tell any CPU 'midrange and up' apart.

-scheherazade

11. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    a friend upgraded from amd 1100T to a i5 2500k and there definately was smoother gameplay on the i5. FPS went up in some games . Resolution was 1080p.(gpu gtx 560ti)

12. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    I doubt that with a single gtx 560 Ti that fps will be much different between an i5 2500k and an 1100t.

13. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    it was in skyrim ,crysis 1 and stalker

14. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^i don't think that it will change any visible gameplay,with gtx560ti at 1080P. It was definitely a placebo.

15. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    of course it won't change any visible gameplay...its not like with the amd cpu you will get 30 fps and 60 with the intel one..no, but the gameplay was much smoother and it wasnt a placebo..even when i went from my rig to play on my friends rig(with amd cpu) games werent smooth enough, it could be human error also...his windows wasnt too tidy, so yea thats not excluded.

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    My suggestion to you would be to read the entire thread before making a post like this. Just skimming the title and reading random posts will result in the post you made here.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Ah this thread is a pure failure. we all know that BD is trash... move along

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    edit not worth it

19. polyzp

polyzp Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990
    PHP:
    :whip: scared into your beliefs? ;)

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    @ Agent, trash? Have u tried the product?
    BD has potential. Not going into further discussion over this.