CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    it is reported that that Call of Duty: Ghosts will run native 1080p on PlayStation 4 and upscaled 720p on Xbox One.Multiple sources from around the web report that while Call of Duty: Ghosts has been ...

CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?

2. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    This is why if I do get one of the consoles it will be the PS4 :) Although I'm holding out hope that a lot more games will be out for the PC and in better quality than previously.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
  4. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    I believe that nobody from this forum should be surprised by this. PS4s GPU has way more shaders than Xbone's. The only sad thing about it is that "NextGen" consoles are so crappy that they can't even run this years AAA titles in all glamour. EPIC FAIL!!! Wonder what consolists are gonna say about 4K when it comes :wanker: PC wins again!!!

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As it currently is, i dont see the point or any games worth the price it costs to run in 4k res, let alone 1080p on the pc.

I think Metro LL, STALKER, Max Payne 3 and Crysis 1 have been the only games that have so far justified the total cost i payed for building my pc as far as games, gfx and gameplay go.

Wont be upgrading for awhile yet and will most likely skip Maxwell or the AMD equivalent.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    who cares? you can enjoy gaming with less than 1k $ both console and led tv, but for PC you need 2k or more to feel the same experience :banana: :bang:

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    PC is never in competition with consoles. Some people keep bringing this up though to feel special i guess.
    The eurogamer article has a 8350 processor and 7970 in CFX while in the console everything is embedded.
    4K is years away (we need way better gpus, and TV's and monitors are way to expensive to become mainstream) , and they already stated consoles will never run 4k in games only movies.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed,
    Uncharted and other PS3 exclusives were some of the most amazing games i've ever had the pleasure of playing.

For me, the only comparison is in the games and their actual gameplay. as mentioned above by myself, the Uncharted series is damn near better than anything PC specific that I've ever played. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are up there also.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yeah those are top exclusive titles. tbh the most fun i have with games on PC are all multiplatform these days.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Would be nice if we could get a port of Bad Company 1 for the pc, if only for the sake of a higher fps and res.

11. I think it's funny, a Call of Duty game making a 'next gen' console look like the world's fastest EOL product.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^lol,.

Well at least things can only go 'up' from here... right.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ^^THIS! BC1 was the best BF title ever - perfect action, sounds, funny dialogs and open landscapes. :)

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I love the music, the menu song more so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uWbhTXTHg - kick back with a drink.

To me, BC1 has always given me a vibe of a mix of Pixar animation's type erm.. blue skies, pure white clouds and green grass, mixed with the open fields and darker tone of that movie.... the one where the guy is in love with his rifle, an old movie.. cant remember the name.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  15. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Ah the memories...

"Will you cut that yes sir no sir crap - i'm a sgt. not the god damn president"

"Ok sorry Sir!"

:p

16. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    The "next-generation" consoles aren't even released yet and we already have games not able to run at native resolution (that's to say 1080p for most TVs)?

"Epic fail" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Granted, personally I don't care and I tend to stay far away from any threads debating the merits of consoles because I'm just not a console player. That said it's beyond sad to see the "next-gen" crimped before even being released.

Especially so since resolution scaling, IMHO, represents the worst possible visual compromise on modern displays. I'd rather run native without AA and/or at lower detail levels.

YMMV.

17. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Turn around silly billy, your walking backwards.

As per normal.. when console first come out, the dev either havent had the time or the knowledge of the hardware to get the most out of it, look at the launch titles for the ps3 and 360 and then look at their swansongs.

GTA5 is a perfect example of this.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    PS3 was true next gen when it came out, PS4 is and upgrade, there is no real jump in here.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont know Kapu, look at Kz 2, then look at KZ4. Quite a jump imo.

When was the last time you saw a jump on the pc that even slightly resembles the ps3 - ps4.

Far Cy to Crysis 1?

Yep, looks like im giving this another playthrough this weekend.