MSI and Killer make a deal for new motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI announced a deal to implement Qualcomm Atheros' Killer Networking Technology in future gaming laptops as well as gaming motherboards. MSI, the world-leading manufacturer of graphics cards and mo...

MSI and Killer make a deal for new motherboards

2. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    7800XT
    From experience I can tell you not to buy anything with a Killer NIC the support is awful. I have a pointless card here whose so called windows 8 drivers is just a rebadged win 7 driver that didn't work properly in the first place avoid the killer NIC at all costs!!

3. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Only ever had one MSI mobo, and it was total krap! :(

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, another software based crap NIC....passed off as more than it really is....with typical Atheros support.... Sounds like those that fall for this marketing gimmick are getting screwed over more than usual... I'll stick to my Intel and Broadcom NICs.....

5. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    They should rather integrate a sick ass Intel server grade NIC. This killer nick is just crap. I only buy MSI cause that is the only ones I can get but they work wonders for me. enough features for my needs. don't judge MSI by 1 motherboard.

6. volly

volly Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    I agree we Daffy, I bought a Killer NIC years ago!! Worst product ever!! I remember trying very hard to get the thing working but to no prevail!! Support for the product was worse than Creative...with so many owners of the product screaming for help on the forums only to give up and abandon the product. Left a very bad taste in my mouth!! It was so bad I buried in the backyard hoping that it will never be unearthed ever again!!

What I hated most was the absolute lies that the company tried to hype up in order to sell the damn things...once bitten twice as shy...

and if they are going to be working with MSI motherboards well theres other mobo companies out there!!

7. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    MSI killer ;D

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, if one wants some networking improvements, just buy/install/configure cFosSpeed.