DVI-HDMI with LCD samsung TV (no sound)

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Deleted member 109358, Sep 20, 2012.

1. ah ok..hmm. Yeah ive got it selected as "PC" in my source options under HDMI/DVI channel selection...if that makes sense? Think im outta option mate. I cant use the old soundcard because no drivers for windows 7 plus no more PCI-X ports. Cant use the current soundcard because it doesnt supports SPDIF input internally. Cant use the optical output because TV doesnt have input.

Cant use RCA cable for what ever fugged reason and 3.5mm cable wont work because the TVs got a mind of its own...so its all just a swell day......and i got work in 4 hours YEPPPEEEEEE!!

I got 3 options left. 1) replace soundcard to one that supports SPDIF internally
    2) Buy a new GPU that has straight HDMI connector
    3) use current headset.

I was looking at the GTX690 but thats got a mini HDMI port, so you cant win.

Thanks for all the help dude, very much appretiated.

2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    You're welcome m8, wish it was working for you... Most of the current graphics cards now support audio through dvi/hdmi and you don't need any spdif at all. That 690 and even down to a 460 and more support audio through just a simple hdmi or dvi/hdmi. So that would solve the problem :) However, it is expensive. Another option would be to install the pax drivers for that other soundcard which has the spdif. They are available in this section on Guru3D.

Surefire and easiest thing to do would be to just get a cheap nvidia 560/660 GTX or similar and this will then hook up to the tv, no need for spdif.

regards,
    RagDoll.