Windows: Line-Based vs. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts. MSI tool.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, May 7, 2013.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    The one which has hardware IDs with "VEN_1B21".

Second AMD controller is most probably

Update: Forgot to mention easy solution - switch device manager into "Devices by connection" and disable all SATA controllers which have no drives connected.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Your issues would probably be erased with a decent 120hz monitor :nerd:

3. Yeah maybe that's the reason u.u, but i've saw some friend that play cs 1.6 60 hz in laptops and lol their games looks so smooth x.x

I made this comment 2 hours ago in Asrock forum hope you can read is not that long:

hello guys: today has been a long, long day, I ended up by testing a lot of things

First Off, I disconnected my pc from a power cord, and connect directly to the wall's outlets then, I open my case, take apart the cover and then, I start to disconnect things like: HDD, DVD/CD reader and by testing separated things, but the symptoms did continued, after I decide to

Disconnect from my PSU those cables that are for SATA and case fans, also i disconnected the SSD cable too

And I let just connected the GPU cable to supply my GTX 580. Then I test my GTX on both PCIE EXPRESS PORT of my Asrock ab350, and the symptoms continued, the same mouse lag cursor etc etc.

Also I disconnected USB cables in the motherboard (the only that brings with my v9 case for front panel USB which are 2 usb port), also I disconnected the HD audio cable. So at the end I ended up with only the POWER/RESET/HD LED cables, and the rest was 8 pin processor cable connected, the cpu fan cooler connected, the 24 pins of course, and nothing more else, and I boot to bios, and yeah my rear panel all usb were funtionally, and i tested each usb with my both mouse and keyboard, and sadly the problem persist u.u

So i guess is not the power supply, neither the SSD, or HDD, or DVD/reader because they were unplugged, and the power supply just was supplying the gpu and the others cables mentioned early

And then I was checking the motherboard closely everything there. I ensure to have everything seat/connected well, also i reset THE CMOS, i did too take off and put back the Lithium battery, I swap my memories, tested with one module memory, with the 2 two memory itself, then I disconnected and connect the 24 pins connectors etc,etc. The only thing that I didn't wanted to do was: to RESET the Cpu chipset... because i don't have thermal paste to put it back, so I decide to not to reset my cpu... when I say reset, is to take off the cpu chipset wait for couple seconds and put it back, then cleaning with alcohol and blah blah, but i didn't that part.. because as I say I don't have thermal paste... so i don't want to mess temperatures..

Also I did check for every cable there, but so far everything was good plug, and in good conditions

The only thing that calls my attention was the 24 pin psu connector
    Look:
    But i really don't think this is a problem because if you check the pictures, it seems like there never was a cable in that dead pin etc, like it was manufactured in that way, this is a Thermal Take ToughPower XT 775 bronce80+

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Bro when disabbling that AMD sata, ahaha actually my backup hard/drive dissapear, and when restarting the pc, the SATA AHCI comes back xD

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Given all that stuff you tested in that large post, it would seem like it might be time to start looking at the GPU? I know that you live in Venezuela and may not have access to a different GPU, but your 580 may be old and dying or it could have some type of compatibility issue with such a new system. Do you have any CSM option in your BIOS/UEFI?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017

6. Hello thanks for reply n.n

And yeah i'm living in Venezuela right now its terrible, police, and national guard, they steal you in front of all international media, is terrible, we have like protesting straight forward more than 70 days, and and like with close to 65 to 85 people already dead ;/

But yeah i have CSM options, i did take some pictures:
    See here are the CSM options, if i try to put the video to UEFI, pc will take 30 seconds to reach bios and put it back to Legacy, also by default the system put the PXE and storage to legacy but i change to UEFI dunno why xD! , also as you can see it has 3 options, Do not launch, Legacy only or UEFI, dunno what does that mean but here is the picture:

[​IMG]

And this picture that come along:
    The thing is im using windows 10, and my gtx 580 seems not to work in UEFI
    also i have another old Geforce 9600 GT XFX xD! but if disable CSM, thats for sure that will occurs the same than putting the video to uefi will take 30 seconds to revert
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
  7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    CSM emulates BIOS functionality for older OS..

580 doesn't have UEFI bios available.. Will need 6xx or newer for that.

Your screen is correct.
    If you get newer GPU just disable CSM

BTW missing pin on 24pin is normal.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    If you have another GPU, why not try it out really quickly and see if anything changes. Also, you could put all CSM options to legacy mode and see what happens. Lastly, could you make a short video of the problems you are having? Like when you say the mouse just moves slow or games feel terrible even at good FPS. I'm trying to fully understand what your current issues are with this PC.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did not tell you to disable AMD controllers. I gave you info about how to distinguish ASMedia controller. Also I gave you algorithm of disabling unused controllers.

I advise you to create dedicated post about you lag issue (may be in AMD subforum) - this way you will receive much more attention and expertise than in this low populated thread.

10. Oh sorry, i use an app called GhostBuster something like that, that will uninstall all the old connected devices, by the way MBK what can I write in order to fix my problem, the same thing that i did here, with the pictures? that part of that i check everything, and test SSD, HDD etc etc? maybe they can provide me a firmware or something?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017

11. Im just tired bro about my situation in Venezuela, about my pc situation, about bein so limited, internet, everything im use to be happy playing offline games, now i dont know what to do zzzzzzz :s and ive tried that 9600 gt too and nothing changes. also by default i was using all on legacy

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You should disable things you don't need such as serial port, security device support, etc

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Exactly. The more info you provide the more precise will be reaction.

14. Yup but im worried of mess or damage this motherboard :/ i asked and request a AM4 ryzen bios tweaks in Overclock.net but no one cares xD!

15. Well i try to post in AMD but without any luck yet :(
    Oh it seems that: Please note: your content was added successfully, but a moderator needs to approve it before it can be posted.

It required to be approve first lol XD! i did made this post like 3 hours ago

https://community.amd.com/message/2805013

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I was talking about posting in local AMD subsection
    http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

But the more places you use the better outcome should be.

17. Oh I see buddy, oh lol o_O my bad haha, but yeah at the end of the day, i posted in AMD directly forums and it seems like, those forums has moderation, admins gotta check for your post first and etc
    Also i made the post here in AMD as you say, and mentioned you and Agent for being so nice

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5443804#post5443804

This is my post in AMD:
    https://community.amd.com/thread/217179

Also if you read that if you can of course, you´ll see that i guess i find the culprit with gtx 580 and 9600 seems like these video card has input lag, and made mention of a guy who was/has facing the same problem than me here: in 2011 , just 2 pages, even at web'browsing, desktop and games
    The only good thing that he say that when swaping back to hes ATI, everything goes perfect, even by applying fresh windows install, and properly installing drivers, yo Mbk i would like to be your friend, and also with Agent, you both guys rocks, but of course i won´t be bother you with many questions, because I don't like to be that guy that is only there to ask for help, thats ugly x.x

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/504972/sli/gtx-580-stutter-lag-lag-under-50-fps/1/

But anyway i will be better to stop posting here, by adding more commentaries i think is very disrespectful of my part to be making alot commentaries here in your post, of LineBasement Q and MSI, because are like differents topic ehe, so thanks alot MBK, Agent and the others fellas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  18. betadota2

betadota2 Guest

GPU:
    Hello can you help me with msi mode
    i play in cs go looks like ****
    not smooth sutters sometimes but i know should be better
    overwatch is good dota is good
    but my main game is cs
    what i can change or deactivate or delete)
    pc need only play CS !
    I would be very grateful to you
    sorry for my englando))

19. betadota2

betadota2 Guest

GPU:
    If it's not difficult for you. can you send private your vk or some. cuz i cant send links and private for you MBK1969

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    betadota2, I am not expert in CS. I never played it (and never will). I am sure there are billions of pages discussing tweaks for CS. I recommend you to create dedicated post in games subsection http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 to call for help on CS.

As for MSI mode - run MSI utility, make screenshot (so that all devices in the list are visible) and paste link to it here (you can insert spaces and other symbols to workaround link posting rule).

If you have modern and more or less powerful rig I doubt MSI mode will change CS drastically.
    It may be well known issues with CS engine which do not depend on hardware.