gtx 690 issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by PetrP, Nov 24, 2013.

1. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Hey, I've been having problems with my computer for a pretty long time, FPS wise. I suspect something is wrong with my GPU, but it also might be some different problem, I'm not sure.

My rig is i7 3770k 4 ghz, asus z77 mobo, 16 gb ram, 750W corsair PSU and so on. And performance isn't as good as I'd expect. I do have newest drivers, my temps are good, something is either wrong with settings or hardware. FPS in bf4 is pretty bad, and it stutters as well, fps in Arma 3 is about 30-40 even on low, and it stutters as well.

[​IMG]

Any tips, anything I should check/do?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Google tweaks and fixes for Bf4, Arma is just a resource hog and wont really be totally playable fully maxxed out until more advanced tech comes about, abit like Crysis was. Arma will mature in years to come, Bf4 can be fixed though.

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    IIRC I was playing ARMA 3 on my previous 690@1150 at solid 60FPS or the my previous 780@1267 with a solid 55-60fps but I had lower the visibility a little and did some graphics settings tweak. Obviously I had forfeit a bit quality on the 780 vs the 690.

Quality on both above cards was on mixed of High/Highest/Ultra settings but I had to play with those 2 Visibility options(Overall, Object) and eventually had them at about 60-65% each. Maximizing those was dropping my FPS from 60 to 45-50fps.

Might not be exactly how it was but that all I remember while playing it.

But as Veteran said and I agree, that game is just a fricking resource hog.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The 690 aint much better mate while playing arma 3, turning everything up to max brings the card to its knees. Its gonna be a while until the game is played comfortably by the mainstream. Once this happens the game will really shine.

5. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    Hi Petrp,

I've got a similar HW setup, but unfortunitely do not have BF4 or arma...
    What resolution are you playing at?
    Are there any other games, benchmarks you've got issues with?

6. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690

Sure, Arma 3 is demanding but 35-40 FPS ON NORMAL? and It's stuttering, almost unplayable, same BF4, same world of tanks..I'm working quite a lot with 3DS max and blender, and those are working fine. But when it's about gaming, my pc acts like ****.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  7. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Well both 1920×1080 and 2560x1440, but obviously 2560x1440 is too much for my PC since it isn't working right.

Suggest me some benchmark and I'll see what numbers I'm getting..if it's comparable to your PC or not..would be great, thanks!

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Running out of VRAM sounds like.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Bf4 and world of tanks on my pc is smooth as silk.
    Download and unpark your cpu from here...
    http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Also look at bf4 cfg. file using google and pop it into your root directory of bf4.
    Windows 8 also is great for Bf4.

These fixes should see you good.

10. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Thanks, I'll try it as soon as the creator updates the program, should be soon.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I didn't say anything about: "turning everything up to max".

Please read my post more carefully my friend. I think it was pretty clear what was the quality settings. I even explain a little of what quality settings I used/fiddle with.

I didn't say anything about maxing the game. I even said that I had agreed with you. :p

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I know you didnt, im saying that it does cause its the truth:)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ity works fine the current release, you dont need to wait, also dont use the beta version, use the last release before the beta.

14. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Hi.
    I cannot tell about Arma3. There is one thing I did that helped me to get rid of stuttering and FPS pikes in BF4.
    I assume you have 331.82 driver installed. First when I installed this driver I installed driver itself, Physx, NVIDIA Experience and 3D Vision driver too. I had huge FPS spikes and stuttering. It took me a week to figure out. So I uninstalled the driver, physx, 3D vision driver and NVIDIA Experience. Then I did clean install of the Graphics driver and physx only. No 3D Vision or NVIDIA Experience. All problems are gone. Plays very nice and Smooth now.
    I cannot guarantee it will help you too but try and see.

15. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    3Dmark, the firestrike benchmark will give you a good idea. You should be scoring around 9500 points, anything less than about 9000, there could be a SW or HW issue.
    3Dmark is about 25USD
    There is also a basic edition which is free, it seems to include the firestrike benchmark.
    Maybe some else on the forums can suggest a free benchmarking utility together with expected scores for your HW configuration...
    (Guru3d has a download section with some benchmark tools...)

I'd also suggest downloading the latest version of Process Explorer (v15.40 at the moment). This tool gives nice graphs on GPU utilitisation as well as GPU memory utilisation. Keep it running in the background while playing your games, then ALT-TAB, and check to see if CPU/GPU/Mem are causing a bottleneck ...
    Afterburner is also another good tool for similar troubleshooting...

(This is all in aid of establishing whether you have a general HW/SW issue or if it's isolated to the 2 or 3 games you are currently playing ...)

16. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Well, my cores were already unparked. Must have done that months ago..

17. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Actually, this helped a little. Not much, but a little, but I'm happy for at least some improvement, thanks dude!

18. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
    Thanks, I'll try to get 3Dmark, I had a free version of it but it's gone unfortunately, and I'll download Process Explorer.

19. PetrP

PetrP Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce gtx 690
  20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well do it again just to make sure:)