Xclio A380 and H50

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Nixuz, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Nixuz

Nixuz Active Member

GPU:
    5770x2 Crossfire
    Hello all, I have been seriously considering getting an H50 in anticipation of a possible CPU upgrade this winter. My problem is that I don't think the p/p configuration would work well in my A380 case without either modding the side 250mm fan for clearance, or modding the case for an exterior radiator mounting setup. I originally wanted to use 2 Ultra Kaze's running at full 3000RPM, but it seems that even with only one Kaze inside the case, the fan and rad don't have enough clearance to fit.
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience mounting the 250mm fan on the outside of the case. Also, are 2 Kaze's overkill for an H50? I do have a CoolerMaster R4-L2S-122B-GP 120mm I'm not using, but I have no idea if the CFM is comparable with the stock fan that comes with the H50.
    Also, I so far seem to have a positive pressure case, as I am running both 250mm fans full. Supposedly each 250mm is running 95CFM. I have one Kaze running exhaust at full 130CFM, which is slightly helped by my PSU having an 80mm intake that functions for exhaust as well.
    Any thoughts? I'd rather not dremel a hole big enough to run the radiator outside of the case.

2. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    I don't think it will fit without doing some modding at least. Can you mount it in the 5.25" drive bay? Or as an exhaust in the bottom front and setting the front fan as an exhaust also, while keeping the side as an intake? What cpu will you be upgrading to?

3. Nixuz

Nixuz Active Member

GPU:
    5770x2 Crossfire
    Well, I ended up getting one anyway, as my old AC7Pro was starting to give me idle temps close to 34C, and I found out that the local Best Buy had them in stock for the same price as the Egg. Installed the H50 with stock fan only in an exhaust capacity and I dropped to 24C idle and 36C in Prime95. Even stock it was a tight squeeze with the side fan. Had to push in the fan baffle with a screwdriver while closing the door to clear the radiator, but it all works well.
    Very happy so far with both the cooling, and the quiet.
    Oh yeah, gonna try for either the AMD 3.5Quad or 3.2Hex...prolly the quad for now.

4. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Ah, congratulations! I also have an H50 by the way. It will keep both of the new cpu's you mentioned cool.

5. Nixuz

Nixuz Active Member

GPU:
    5770x2 Crossfire
    Ended up getting the proper mounts to place the 250mm side fan on the outside of the window today. It ain't the prettiest but it is working, at least until I decide to bust out the dremel and shave away part of the useless "turbine" part of the cowling. Got the UKs in a p/p exhausting from the case now. Both fans running 3000rpm. Loud but chilly!
    Also, cut the tip of one of my thumbs off, as referenced in another post.