Rivatuner 2.10 released

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There is "Override group name" option in each graph's properties. It allows you to override default group name (e.g. "GPU" for core clock) with your own custom value and this way split too long groups. Also, the order of values in each group is defined by the order of graphs in hardware monitoring module. You can change this order in the data sources list in hardware monitoring properties window. Just use drag-and-drop to change graphs order there.

2. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Uhm, in my case too the fan control tab in rivatuner shows the settings specific to ADT7473 controller , so i think rivatuner is able to detect the presence of the controller (also it shows the current duty-cycle for the fan speed, that is taken directly by the ADT7473 i presume), but when i try to enable low level fan settings, rivatuner hangs for some time then nothing happen.

3. Unwinder

Is there any software accessing I2C bus running in background? Probably CCC itself?
    When you try to enable low-level fan settings RT try to read and save full state of fan controller (to allow restoring default settings etc). From your symptoms I can conclude that something interrupts RT and captures I2C bus during attempt to save full controller's state.

4. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Thanks Unwinder, HD4870 support in 2.10 Rocks

Cheers; Snarl

5. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Maybe CCC itself blocks the access to the I2C bus. The only reason i can think about is because an overdrive profile was activated when i tried to enable low-level fan settings. Well, i'll make some attempts later and report back here. Thanks.

6. Unwinder

Also, you may try to set ATII2CForceBusyBusAccess to 1 in PowerUser tab then restart RivaTuner. This way you'll force RT to start I2C transactions even if ATI I2C controller is busy with something else.

7. Unwinder

Please reffer to System requiremens section of software documentation. RT doesn't declare support for mobile chips and probably never will declare it in future.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  8. The Clock

The Clock New Member

GPU:
    4780x2 @ stock so far
    Rivatuner only clocks one core right? Because that's what mine is doing.
    I run AMD GPU Clock Tool to overclock both cores but then it overrides the fan speed. But combining them in the right way gives me both core overclock and higher fanspeed but no colorprofile. (CCC and ATT's colorprofiles make the screen have a subtle flicker but Riva's work fine but it overrides settings on AMD GPU Clock Tool and even sends one core to idle).

9. Unwinder

Correct. Only one core clock is changed and there are no plans to support overclocking of both cores in Crossfire in the nearest future, sorry.

10. Shinanigans

Shinanigans New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX285 Black
    Legend! Thanks Unwinder :) All sorted beautifully now :D

11. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti
    I have a G15 keyboard, is there a way to up to font size in my keyboard display?

Thanks

12. Unwinder

Yes, power user tab gives you an ability of overriding default font. LCDFont entry allows redefining default font name. Default font is "font4x6", other available fonts are: "font5x6", "font6x6" and "font6x8". If you're not satistied with this ones, you can put your own bitmap containing your desired raster font into .\Graphics\LCD folder then just specify custom font name.

13. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    No luck, i also disabled overdrive, set the fan speed to automatic (it was previuosly on manual) and rebooted.
    Just one question: in the hardware monitor, the data relative to fan speed, gpu temperature and ambient temperature (the ones relative to ADT7473.dll data providers) are retrieved by accessing the I2C bus? Because these ones are shown correctly by rivatuner.
    Also the parameters of the automatic controller mode of the ADT7473 shown in low fan setting window (duty cycle min, Trange and so on) are all correct, i verified them by loading my master gpu bios in RBE. Do you not read them accessing the I2C bus?

14. Unwinder

Than I'm out of ideas, bad luck for X2 owners who cannot get it working.

Yes, all these things are read via direct access to bus.

15. ribbell

ribbell Active Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    Well, then rivatuner is able to read from the bus. but something on my system in preventing it from write to the bus. Oh well, i'm already satisfied with the discrete fan control i was able to make with the rivatuner scheduler, thank you.

16. Unwinder

Wrong. There are no writes to the bus during ticking "Enable low-level fan control". As I said before, there are series of _reads_ (all 256 registers of I2C device are dumped and stored as defaults) and something breaks it.

17. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti

Thank you, the 6x8 was the one I was looking for, it's perfect.

18. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    thanks unwinder for a very wounderful software.
    i would like to ask if NVstrap driver is back?

thanx

19. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Ok, i had troubles like Ribbell, fan didn't work at all , but it monitors everything ok.
    Also the guide from Riddell doesn't work for me either.
    This is with vista 64bit ultimate.

I have a dualboot with xp and guess what; it just work ,fixed fan and even autofan works!

How comes it work in xp?

*i'll try to boot with driver signed off in vista

20. darkamikaze

darkamikaze New Member

GPU:
    VisionTek ATI HD4850
    yeah.. doesn't work for me either..
    i have vista home 64bit.. with a 4850..

maybe i didn't install the driver reg thing that came with the rivatuner installer properly? i run RivaTuner210Drv.rtu after install right? or somethin..

anyone know D: ..?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008