Grand Theft Auto V Leak Leads To Bans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought consoles have some online pass thing like our cd keys?

2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Yesterday i saw some gameplay videos of the game on youtube. Guess they´re down now. I got a good vibe from them.

3. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    if they are banning consoles, kinda shows what the EULA gives them power to do and how little of your console you actually 'own'. You really don't own anything electronic anymore, they write it all up so that you are basically borrowing it, and they can take it back whenever they want. That's the power of licensing.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ^^ yeah. I don't care for the people who were stupid enough to try using a pirated disk online (if that's possible?) but really sucks for those who bought a legit copy from a store which broke street date.

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    why so much hype for yet another sandbox game... yea i get it i was soo adicted to GTASA back in the days.. but now everytime i see a classic free roam sandbox with "missions" gameplay i get sick, they are all the same after you drive this shiny car here and there and jump that bridge kind of thing there is nothing interesting anymore

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Using a pirated disc online is possible but not necessary since most just run it off of the HDD... either way will get them banned. I find this hilarious because the ignorant whine that PC gamers are pirates, yet the highest piracy rates I see is console versions of games.

7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Lets start a petition.. These console gamers ruin it for everyone all the time. Damn kids, maybe if they didnt release it to consoles they would learn there lesson...

:D

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    'Yet another sandbox game' - biggest understatement of the year xD

Seriously, how could anyone of those who uploaded videos en mass believe he would be getting away with this? This enraged-cinema guy even told ppl where he got his copy, how he burned the files, how he flashed his 360.

And then he cried his youtube account and ******s on dailymotion and other services were banned within hours. 3 days of constant playing just to get some likes on FB - and then that got banned too. LOL

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    s.t.r.e.a.m. is a nasty word? Interesting. *googles* :D

10. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Great news! In your face console lovers. A fully leaked game before release. STOP putting dirt on PC gamers! One has to laugh..:wanker::wanker::wanker:

11. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    They do, but only to cancel out the second hand market. You can buy an "online pass" for those games that do use it to play online, so in essence, you're basically buying the game for around £8 after initially pirating it in the first place.

It's there to recoup money from the 2nd hand market and nothing else. Pirates are as free as legitimate gamers to go online on the XBOX provided they follow the correct procedure.

12. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Didn't someone make a thread on these forums based on signing a petition not to bring GTAV to PC simply because of Piracy?

Seeing this topic made my day.

13. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Still happily playing UT3! ;)

14. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I've been playing it as Amazon delivered mine early, I love GTA games and this one doesn't disappoint, it's back to form after the partial let down of GTA 4. I loved the first 100 hours of GTA 4 but I just couldn't play it for long as the city didn't have much to do. The DLC was amazing and much better than the original game and I ended up playing Gay Tony for longer than 4 but it still just lacked what made previous GTA games great, especially SA.

It's like playing a HD version of SA, simply amazing, I just cannot wait for the PC version, I just hope Rockstar don't mess up the online interface like they did with 4. I don't think I'll be playing much more now, I know it's amazing, I've got my fix and I will just wait for the PC version now so I don't ruin too much of it for myself.

15. Andrés

Andrés Guest

It would be ridiculous for these people to download a pirated game when all they have to do is to wait for a few days/weeks to obtain their legit copy, otherwise they shouldn't have bothered to buy it in the first place.

16. Marc79

Marc79 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 660 SLI-PB278Q 1440
    Probably not.

It's the same for me but with titles suchs as COD, or BF4, don't care for FPS games at all. I despise linear games.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow! That's crazy! GL to MS and R* in containing this thing! lol .. they will need lots of it.

18. Terradorvite

Terradorvite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 7900XT
    There may be some pirates out there who want to play the game to see how good it really is, then support the game developers for their amazing game.

Though in reality they just dont buy the game because they didnt have to spend $50+ (PC price) and $60+ (Console). The plus is for the extra content that will prolly come with the bundle packs.

19. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Did someone read this "Pre-Release Footage: No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained. This includes 'early unboxing' videos." Doesnt this mean that they ban only these people?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Such bullsh*t these things my god...

Atleast ban the people that don't own it legally.