MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 (2011-10-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 2, 2011.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks Unwinder.

2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Startup time is instant now.

Issue with Raster3D OSD becoming corrupt in Worms Reloaded (OGL) has been fixed.

The additional video capture info in the OSD is really good.

Thanks for this great release. Planning on testing and capturing lots of video with id's RAGE (OGL, id Tech 5 engine) soon after it's released on oct 4th.

3. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, I'm new to Afterburner overclocking. I don't do extreme things. My card came pre-OCed @725 Mhz. I just turn the clock to 763Mhz due to Battlefield 3 and I play generally perfectly the game, despite the additional overclock I give it.

Only one thing I'd like to ask... Is it any dangerous to change the clock while I'm in game or better to close everything and then?

I've read in many articles about my card that the limit is @850Mhz. So, I assume the clocks I give are mostly safe.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    nah you can do it on the fly, alt+tab out of the game, raise freq./voltage and go back in, that's how i OC'ed in BF3 and no issues.

+1
    i would like to know the same

and tnx for for this quick Sunday release :)

5. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    O.K... You're sure, right? :)

Thanks. I did the same already but I wanted to be sure.

P.S. The application starts truly faster -nice!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are no additional advantages in this mode besides hiding MMIO memory ranges from Punkbuster's nose. And yes, there are drawbacks as well. First, it eats kernel memory space (which is shared for all drivers running into the system and limited to 1gb on 32-bit OS). Second, it is a few times slower in terms of accessing GPU registers.

7. Unwinder

Hehe, placebo I'm afraid. OGL OSD path has not been changed during the last 5 betas or even more.

8. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I actually tested it on beta 7 about 2 days ago because I tried the new Worms Ultimate and didn't like it so I went back to play some Worms Reloaded.

If I used raster3D the OSD would appear during the game's startup showing "APP" first then changing to "OGL" as it continued to load. Then it would disappear in the main menu. Finally it would turn into two purple rectangles in a game.

It was the first thing I tested after installing beta 8. The OSD never disappears or turns into rectangles anymore. So if the OGL code hasn't changed, I don't know how this could have happened. I'm happy that it's working.

9. Unwinder

Thanks, I'll include it in the next version.

10. Unwinder

Some fun offtopic, found a nice discussion of beta 8 @ techpowerup. So fun to see like previously banned Rejzor jumping out of his pants to crap Afterburner. The guy is probably a champion in this area, many banned users start doing so in other places but get bored rather soon, his "vendetta" continues for many years since old good RivaTuner times. Couldn't imagine that a butthurt can give you so many energy. :D

11. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    It's funny when he says "EVGA Precision is imo better".

12. Unwinder

That's called classic trolling. I actually caught him on posting the same about Precision couple years ago, even tried to ask to stop that. :D Fun dude.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol yea i know him, i've seen him in a local forum and he can be a wise guy there as well, although not so much as on foreign forums xD
    btw, he's still here :nerd:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/member.php?u=62980

anyway tnx for that MMIO explanation :thumbup:

14. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
    There is a problem with polish translation in beta 8 Somtin with msvcrt.dll is not ok.When i change lang to polish ,and close i cant launch the prog.With english everyting is ok

15. Unwinder

Does it happen with any other language besides Polish and English?

16. Unwinder

It was discussed a few weeks ago and more than clear answer was given. So sorry, but what about using search?

17. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
    I use only english and polish and i have only this two.

18. Unwinder

You cannot have only this two, all language packs are always installed with Afteburner. So I repeat the question, does it happen when any other language besides Polish or English is selected?

19. Unwinder

No need to talk this way, I'm not doing my work here and not obliged to give detailed reply, especially to ASUS graphics card owner. If you cannot accept it and don't like to use search - it is your personal problem.

20. german24

german24 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X GAMING
    only in polish i check minute ago:wanker: