Cheap Win 8.1 Keys from MS partner

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Deckard, Jun 29, 2014.

1. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    €16.50

I've used G2A for games, was ok and backed with paypal, but that seems too cheap

2. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Hello sunn, is this legit for real?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sheeesh that is cheap.

4. Derragon

Derragon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670/2GB
    Folks, I am going to just say it how it is: Avoid any Microsoft Windows keys below $80. Unless it's directly from Microsoft or a company you are able to guarantee a refund from if the key is not legitimate/stolen/whatever, stay away from it. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Never brought a software key from G2A.com but I have brought many many Steam keys, Origin keys, and other game keys from there. Always had top notch service from their 24hour help desk as well.

Those W8/8.1 keys are from marketplace users only, this is basically other people (like me or you) selling their key online (obviously it should of been tested to make sure its not already been used). But seen as its backed up by paypal and the legit service of G2A.com I would say that its a pretty sweet deal.

Although you will have to wait in a que to talk to the one of the G2A helpdesk people in order to get your key. It is not automatically sent out to you.

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks for the info.

7. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Ill keep you posted, Thanks for checking :thumbup:

8. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    WOW, sounds too good to be true. But what really looks suspicious are the Office 2013 Professional Plus prices, I mean 36 bucks for a full activation key, c'mon!

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I sent that link in a reply to my previous email with MS, and got this reply:

--------

Good day! Thank you for responding.
    I have gone over the link you have provided and this is not a legitimate Microsoft online retailer. Thank you so much for sending us this link for this will help us in our further investigations. We always strive to create a positive customer experience and that starts in purchasing a genuine Microsoft products. Please advise everyone regarding this matter.
    Again, thank you for this.

Kind regards,
    Rona
    Microsoft Customer Service

10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Why would you do this?

The keys may be questionable but they work.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Because it's a scam site selling 180 day VL keys which will deactivate after 6 months

Yes they work, but they are not genuine and will be useless after half a year

I could activate a machine for 6 months for free, but it will deactivate after that time, whoever is selling these keys is ripping people off

EDIT - Plus OP said he had checked them out and they were definitely genuine MS partners, if they were, there would be no harm in checking with MS

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Those keys could trace back to an unknown server and steal any info on your PC.

You never know these days, they could look and act legit but really not be.

It's happened before in the past.

Instead of registering to a legitimate MS server, it could be a masked server somewhere in Timbucktoo.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Not possible, if the OS image is legitimate. Even a hacked image would require a separate 'activator' or a pre-activated image.

The site links you to a true ISO image download (Digital River).

As for being VL keys, the site says clearly 'retail' keys. It would be easy enough to confirm if the keys were VL just by buying two or more, since VL keys are identical.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well they're bound to state they are Retail, people wouldn't buy them otherwise

Either way, they only give 180 day guarantee, which is VL / KMS activation length

And MS say they are not genuine resellers / partners, ie: illegally selling dodgy keys

OP could check to see if the key activated his machine permanently or only for 180 days by running this command from and elevated Command Prompt

slmgr -xpr

If he has been activated for 180 days, it will say how many days are left before it deactivates

If the key activated the machine permanently, it will say this:

[​IMG]

15. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    ^Then G2A seems legit...I tried a key for W8 standard and it says activated permanently.

16. draegunstrife

draegunstrife Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Heads up, JackFrags endorses G2A. If you don't know who he is, look him up.

17. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Just out of curiosity, how could a VL key alone activate a Retail install?

18. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    I thought id give it a punt and running that command on my install produces the same result as pictured above.

Dave