Nvidia nForce-Driver 20.08 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cybermancer, Oct 15, 2008.

1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    The drivers have been pulled of nvidia.com. The ones available for download now are the nforce 15.23 drivers. We were correct that the drivers were flawed.

2. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    Well good news! Since the 20.08 driver was the EXACT same driver as the 15.23 driver minus the gpu driver and it has an OLDER ethernet driver no one should be disappointed. Just grab the latest gpu driver and use the 15.23 driver...you will be better off.

As a side note if you think the 20.08 drivers are flawed then surely the 15.23 drivers are as well since they are the same.

3. pitzbull

pitzbull Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512mbsli
    Imagine the shame involved if you worked for nvidiot driver section. At a party other geeks ask you where you work. You reply, "I develop nforce/forceware drivers" and receive the contemptuous and mocking looks as they say "wow that is a great job".

4. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    LOL! I can't believe, indeed, how can those errors be possible. Are they all drunk?

5. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    LOL guys now the latest for XP and 6-7 series are:
    nForce Driver Version 9.64 WHQL

ROTFL! While for nforce4 (or Vista for all chipsets) still 15.23.

Try a search!

6. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Even though these are spoosed to be the same, i was on an oc`ing record mission and loaded them up and can say this

Overall i am seeing a raid performance increase from 15.23 by about 5Mb on file transfers, but on the other hand settings in the "in windows bios" on the fly adjustment seem more unstable. Also somewhat unstable on higher overclocks over the 15.23
    But it does seem that the voltages in the system monitor seem to be fairly alot more accurate. Also the device settings for V core and FSB adjustment seem to be stable for small adjustments. i never count on that for major OC`ing.
    Maybe the adjustments on the package where fir the sys monitor and system update over driver improvement:nerd:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  7. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    ROTFL... RAID driver is the same version of 15.23...

Please look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

8. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  9. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I checked it and I think there is the same possibility to be true of hitting at the first try Paris Hilton's cellphone number.

10. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    It must an improvemnt to grab that record, eh?.."LOL"

11. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Mate... same files and same file versions = same performances. The rest is just bs.

12. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    If you say so M8 but i`ll take a record run with whatever brought me to the dance. i downloaded that setup and the new system tools used the same overclock and got 100 points better results i call that an improvement went from a 12828 to a 13277 with that driver install and a cool breeze through my window nothing else different...Have you run any compares with any benchmarks?

13. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    You could have changed a lot of other things in the meantime (also your s.o. conditions) and you are not a press reviewer, so not so reliable.

14. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Well i go by HWbot.org, as does the 3d guru forum. When they say i am #1, i go with it
    Kingpin i may not be, but i am good with systems, in fact i have over 20 years in them, so i would have to say i AM a good source as i have been working with computers since you had have had pasta in the old diapys..."LMAO" BTW i do write ghost bi-line reviews for some of the better review sites. Just so ya know.

15. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Ok, but I would find it ok just if confirmed from other sources seeing the absurd situation it would be (same drivers with name changed can't imply better perf.).

16. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    I think its just a placebo effect...you might have achieved better speeds or what not but the fact still remains...its the same driver version. That means something else on your computer contributed to this increase since the driver obviously did not.

Maybe something wasnt running this time as the last time you ran your test? Maybe a peice of hardware was not as tied up as the last time you ran the test....all kinds of factors could contribute to that increase. As you well know from working with computers for over 20 years, writing reviews for the big dogs...it is not possible to say this driver is faster than the old driver when they are both the same driver.

17. Punisher!|ITA

Punisher!|ITA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    I quote.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    All, these are the same set as 15.23 just a newer SATA/IDE driver and these come packed with the driver 178.13. Thats it....don't let these fool you.

19. Rafterman

Rafterman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX470 Twin frozr II
    I have an Evga 780i mobo and have had that problem/issue with all the ethernet drivers from Nvidia in the last 7 months. Funny thing is it only happens in Win XP, Vista drivers are fine in this respect. Did you ever find a workaround for this issue.

20. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI
    It has the same driver version number as the previous one when concerning the SATA/IDE driver. Its the same driver. This "new" driver comes with an OLDER network driver and a gpu driver.

I repeat the SATA/IDE drivers are the same version.