ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. schoko

schoko Guest

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    Hi Cadcat,

well the script does not completely unlock the opengl-features. I haven´t had the any Ati-Hardware around when i updated the script. So more or less i´m flying blind. Luckily i have my 8510p back now, so i am now again able to test if the scripts are working of not. For now please don´t use teh script i have posted a few days ago. It will not give you any performance boost.

I am currently comparing two drivers. One original from ati and one modified by HP to work with the mobility cards in HP´s worstation notebooks.
    Luckily Ati provided both drivers. Since the workstation driver for HP is quite new it is not available as a driverdownload at HP. I just searched a little bit at the Ati/AMD - Homepage and found the current driver 8.85.7.3 modified for HP´s Workstation models.

What i am hoping to find there is how the driver is modified for HP´s Notebooks ( eg. the 8560w with the 6770m aka firepro m5950). There might be an easier way than patching the drivers atikmdag.sys all the time.

Probably next week i´ll get my 8560w. Then i´ll be able to find out if this driver i obtained at Ati is fully functional ( has full opengl properties) with the 6770m ( aka firepro m5950). I hope this will give some insight on a different approach to unlock the opengl pro features.

In the meantime i have a little workaround for you guys. You can install the 8.85.7.3 - Driver without modifying / patching the atikmdag.sys and replace the installed atikmdag.sys with the one from 8.723, which is perfectly working. Just add your cards id to the C7129445.inf and install via the "have disk"-method.
    For those of you that still have trouble installing CCC,HDMI.. you can trick the installer, by adding your card´s device id to the list of included / supported cards to the installer.

For this you would need to download orca, a database editor : - start orca

- open the installer.msi, in this case the C7129445.msi

- in the left menu click on "ATI-ASIC_Include"

- enter your card´s device id or simply edit a complete row to your needs.
    Dev_Id = your graphics card id ( if needed SS_id = motherboard id)

- after you have entered the correct values you should try to validate -> Tools ->Validate -> Press the Go-Button

- now you should be abled to save the installer under a new name in the same directory.

- if everything is correct you can double-click the new installer and install CCC, HDMI-Driver, Hydravision....

hope this helps some of oyu guys. and remember not to use the posted patchscript for now.

2. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    @dassoubarna

OK but then you have very old driver and new CCC ;)

@schoko

Hi,

good to hear from you, I was about to try every combination for the bit I found as the problems cause :pc1: :eyes:

In the meantime thanks for the workaround, can't wait to see real mod in action! If you need some1 to test, write me a pm..

Greetings
    CADCAT

3. lunoxododin

lunoxododin Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS
    Sorry if the question of children 's, but I can not install patched driver. When I install by "have disk" method, Windows say-not supported in this version of Windows. Drivers both 8.732 and 8.85 for Windows 7x64. My Windows is 7x64 SP1. Tried to put just after F8 and with started dseo13b. The result of a steady one - windows does not want to install the driver. The card itself, the system determines how 4670 WDDM 1.1 - install catalyst and wddm 1.1 anyway. Explain please what am I doing wrong?

4. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Hi lunoxododin,

did you mod the driver correct?

This means, patch the atikmdag.sys with the correct patch script, rename/repack it to atikmdag.sy_ and overwrite the original one.. Second you need to add your cards device ID to the driver inf file.. Pick one from the list which is equal to your card (some RV730GL) and change the device ID to the one your card has, you can also change the name which is displayed in device manager..

Then before installing the driver you have to start dseo and enable testmode! If you did this before (testmode has to be present on the bottom right corner of the desktop) you should do the following:

Uninstall (and delete) current driver from device manager
    Reboot press F8 and disable driver signing enforcement (or similar, I only know the German expression..), if he wants to reboot again do it but don't forget f8..
    Install driver the manual way from device manager..
    Reboot and press f8 again (else it can't load the modified atikmdag.sys)
    If driver was installed correct and everything is working start dseo again and click "sign a system file" then paste following path: "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\atikmdag.sys"
    Now the file is signed and Windows can load it without pressing F8 and disable driver signing enforcement..

Now you are (hopefully) ready to go, the only thing left (optional) is install Catalyst Control Center and (also optional) remove the testmode warning on desktop (don't deactivate testmode, it is still required as long as you want to use the modded driver..)..

If anything is unclear feel free to ask again :)

5. dassoubarna

dassoubarna Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 550v
    @schoko

When I try to modify "C7129445.msi" with orca it shows some error messages. And rest of the procedure not working smoothly.

I'll wait for the new version of the patche script.

6. lunoxododin

lunoxododin Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS
    Thanks for the detailed reply, it is nice to see such support.
    But I already did. And patch atikmdag.sy_ without errors. But I did not file .sys's packed, but simply renamed. sy_, removing the original. INF edited. Not knowing what FirePro is derived from my 4670, made three folders under three versions-3750, 5700, 7550. There is modification of the driver brought to automatism:)
    And still Windows writes driver found but not supported by this version of Windows.

Without dseo13 - system minutes two pretends that installs a driver before failure.
    With Dseo13-enabled - system instantly produces a failure.
    My system is a Russian, a screenshot is useless post.

7. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    What do you mean with "dseo enabled"? You have to enable (and never ever disable) testmode with dseo.. Then you have to press F8 on boot and select something like "disable force driver signing" before installing the driver.. After installing driver you have to reboot and also press F8 and select "disable force driver signing". Then you have to sign the atikmdag.sys with dseo and you're done..

If this doesn't work, you could have done something wrong with editing inf or patching atikmdag.sys.. Remember you have to insert your ID in both!

8. lunoxododin

lunoxododin Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS
    Yes, ID 9498 i put in tail of INF string (Instead of 949E for example) and use 2_8 string for patching atikmdag.sys. Rivatuner says "OK", sstart dseo13, press Testmode, reboot, F8 with "disable signing" and when i try install driver for 4670 with Disk, i receive previous message - not supported. OK i will try to clear current driver with some cleaner right now and repeat (in hundred times). But don't beleive in happy

Update - same S.H.I.T. Windows is Win 7 64 Ultimate. Driver 8.732 for Win 7x64.
    I don't know - maybe driver is fake? For x86 for example? Can anybody give me link for direct downloading of really worked (not patched) driver for Win7x64?

May be screenshot something explain http://saveimg.ru/show-image.php?id=8372caab611c84fcd1da36a4db90a726

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  9. slon1024

slon1024 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor HD6950 2Gb
    lunoxododin
    Don't worry, bro
    Win-7 x64 (FirePro, FireGL, FireMV):
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx (current 8.85.7.3)
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/previous/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx (old version)

Win-7 x86 (FirePro, FireGL, FireMV):
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-32.aspx (current)
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/previous/Pages/fire_win7-32.aspx (old)

Another drivers:
    http://support.amd.com/US/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Maybe problem with SP1? I'am use Win7 x64 16385 7600 without SP1. atikmdag.sys patched, maybe not full (CCC2 not starting), but drivers 8.85.7.3 will installed and working.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  10. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    SP1 is no problem, I have SP1 since it came out.. Looks like you took the wrong driver e.g. XP/Vista driver or 7 x86..

11. Rekka3000

Rekka3000 New Member

GPU:
    6970 / 4870x2
    Hey guys, been a long time follower of this thread. Great to see theres some more work coming along on a new patchscript. I see talk of the 6000 series cards, etc.

I have a 6950 / 6970 (dual bios switch) card and was wondering, although there doesnt seem to be an equivalent card it should still work right? Someone above me was trying to do his 6950. Which device would I put in the inf file?

Also my old graphic card was a 4870x2 card that I got working on the previous driver set. Is it possible to use both the 4870x2 and the 6970 card? Use the 6970 for gaming and the 4870x2 for modelling? I'm using a dual monitor setup. I'd rather just use the 6970 for all of the tasks but I realize the firepro drivers arent the best for gaming. I could just switch between the two.

What would you guys do?

edit: seems its a v7900 what RV is that? Might be worth a try?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  12. lunoxododin

lunoxododin Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS
    Thank you all and sorry.
    All turned out to be just-on the recommended search page ID cards for my card 4670-was ID9498, I've used. Now I have not got up again, I did 8.723, 8.634 and left exactly the same. 8.85.73 is not patching due to incorrect third string.
    I started looking for another driver and found here http://www.windowsdrivers.ru/drivers/download/ati_radeon_hd_4670.html that maps 4670 have two ID - 9498 and 9490. Only I forged in INF as all at once to work! I have a FirePro! Remove the driver, put Catalyst 8.85, rebooted the PC and installed the driver "from the disk". And it all!
    Download now Viewperf and learn that I won. In 3dsmax, because Direct3D, card 5700 a bit worse than my 8800GTS (12 to 15 fps).
    Thanks for all, I happy.
    Second idea - learning possibility of Crossfire of 4670/5700 and 4890/8700

13. lunoxododin

lunoxododin Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS
    Happiness was short.
    In 3dsmax_2012 no improvement, AutoCAD_2012 no improvement (perfomance drivers for 2012 no ruler), ArchiCAD has led to the freezing system. After resetting the system in emphasis does not see the Catalyst, the screen is at low resolution, reinstalling the driver/Catalyst has no effect.
    I give up

Update. It was the fatigue.
    Three hour with rebooting and I have FirePro again. Two reboot for creating "Last good known state" and start to experiments.
    1. CCC I do not see. In Program files clear folder ATI Technologies.
    2. 3dsmax 2012 with Nitrous at times slower than 8800GTS. In Direct3D same as 8800GTS.
    3. AutoCAD 2012 ate offered 2011 perfomance driver and show Gooch in preferences. Lines more accurate and not flickering then pan and move.
    4. ArchiCAD 15 very unstable, freezing and swapping 80% of working time. But picture more antialiased.
    5. Starting 3dsmax and ArchiCAD is unreal - system totally swap and freeze (month ago with 8800GTS i worked with full time loaded 4 ArchiCAD 15 instances, and 1 3dsmax for periods)
    6. Overclocked core up to 10% and receive ~10% more fps in 3dsmax

And finally viewperf:
    [​IMG]
    very, very slow for same 5700

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  14. roocoon

roocoon Active Member

Good to see some activity on this again.

Using any version (including the working 8.723) on a laptop (mine has an HD 4670, RV730 chip -- equivalent to a FirePro V7750), do any of you get DXVA acceleration?

OpenGL improvements are fine but, for me, not to the expense of losing DXVA.
    Is it just me or is the patch affecting everybody?

15. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    @roocoon

you are right, but let's wait for the new script from schoko, maybe the problem is gone then..

16. Townes

Townes Guest

GPU:
    radeon 6850m
    Hi everyone,
    i am planning to buy a notebook for my wife, she will use it for basic CAD and 3d-modelling (she will use her desktop wit a quadro still) and there is guite good offers for core I-7 laptops, for example with an ati 6650m or a 6850m.
    She does 3dsmax, rhino and Autocad mainly, if not exclusively...

Any experience on softmodding those 6650 or 6850? Or any advice? Maybe like "stay away from them if u wanna softmod?"
    I know this is a serious softmodding-thread, and if u don't want general questions here, just tell me to F*** o** and i will....

Thanks anyways...

17. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    @Townes

Both cards are renamed 5xxx cards.. You could try 8.723 driver which works for me with Mobility HD5870.. But we are waiting for a new patchscript for newest driver which should work much better with 5xxx and 6xxx series.. But it depends all on schoko who is the mastermind behind these patches ;)

18. slon1024

slon1024 Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor HD6950 2Gb
  19. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Very interesting, but I think flashing FirePro bios only works with a very small amount of cards like the 6970/6990m..

Also these two cards are "real" 6xxx series while 6650m and 6850m are only renamed 5xxx cards.. Shame on you AMD for tricking your customers.. :biggun:

20. Rekka3000

Rekka3000 New Member

GPU:
    6970 / 4870x2
    Hey all,

wondering if schoko has received the new card to test the drivers out on? Any news? :)