For anyone considering the new X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by stormy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. iseedeadpeople

iseedeadpeople Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga 8800 Ultra OC
    X-MERIDIAN FTW :rock:

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah I was gonna post that here Stormy that card seems like a good deal for somebody who wants a X-fi without the X-fi Price. Still has all the power.. Good for peole building budget gaming rigs becasue they usually always skimp on the sound then they end up with a gaming rig using onboard..which is no good.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  3. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    "Huh, whats that? Credit? Looks neat, can I have some?"

Thank both of you. But, uh... I think my Audigy 4 is already on the way >>

4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    A negative feeling towards creative is growing within me. Shame on them!

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think this is a common thing around here Xan, everybody is getting sick of their hardware and crap drivers. There wasn't much of a choice though.
    This is why so many people are switching to the X-MX (X-meridian) even switch from the top of the line X-fi's!! I think we have a new king of the hill.

6. stealitall

stealitall New Member

Well I was going to get the Sound Blaster X-Fi™ Fatal1ty or the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series. Reason because of the ram But does that make a big different's in gaming? Meaning the ram!!! But the way it seems the X-Meridian is the way the go. I was going to set up what ever sound card I got with the Z5500's is that a good Combo?:question:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    your Z-5500 with and X-Meridian will be a perfect match, like husband and wife (in movies, of course). that's what I have in mind too.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That's the audio rig I want to end up with, X-MX and Z-5500's. This should make everthing sound better. Xan I think that rig will provide great sound no matter what your doing.

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    LOL, I'm afraid you got me wrong: only in movies there could be a perfect match between a husband and a wife (really bad joke, I know). I know the soundcard will sound great in everything you throw at it. LOL :p

10. Tokintegra

Tokintegra Master Guru

GPU:
    3x BFG 8800GTX OC2 on h20
    I figured all of this, and just got a cheapo audigy se so that i could get a set of logitech x530's. Finally, I made a good decision the first time around, lol. I couldnt be happier with the setup. I absolutely love it. Who needs to spend almost 200$, if not more for a sound card??? I understand the whole "freeing resources" thing, and not to gloat or anything, but I dont need to free up resources. I think a minimum framerate of 63fps is just fine, especially considering my lcd only shows 60fps, lol. Anyway, a sound card is a sound card. Im sure, well, i know theres better, but do you really need the extra little bit of performance for that huge price? No really, Im asking, haha

11. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    performance in games should not be the main feature of a soundcard, sound quality should be.

12. Megabigd

Megabigd Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    I didn't know the x-fi extreme audio was a piece of crap, and i just bought one. No matter what i do, i still get errors in BF2 and BF2142. They won't let me enable x-fi. I'm getting worse fps than when i had my good ol sb audigy 2. like a dumb ass, i threw away the box. now i can't take it back. I am so dissapointed.

13. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    i just upgraded from an audigy 2 to the new x-fi extreme gamer yesterday. my framerates increased around 3-5% and sound quality is great. and as for the people stating crap about not being able to install the "real" x-fi drivers and such, im currently using the oct 30 drivers for "real" x-fi with no problems or anything

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Tokin, You can skimp out if you want and buy a cheap card. As Xan pointed out the reason to spend a little money is not just for hardware etc..it's for good sound quality. If you want it, you have to buy the proper hardware. Similar to GFX cards, if you skimp out you will be dissapointed. You can keep the card you got and it may sound awsome to you until you hear somebody else's rig with a better sound card and speakers then you will hear the difference...something to keep in mind...
    @Xan, I am noticing this more and more these days. Guys are willing to spend 100's of dollars on graphics cards and they will either use onboard sound and cheap speakers or they will buy the absolute minimum. They get used to it and think it's good and they have little idea of good audio gear. If your truly into gaming then video and aduio go hand and hand in a modern game and if you favor one and shortchange the other you only shortchange yourself as you don't experiance the game as intended. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  15. Megabigd

Megabigd Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    After reading in to it on this forum, i took back my extreme audio and got an extreme gamer. It actually is pretty decent.

16. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Updated the opening post now that the cards have been out for a while.

17. allergicfungus

allergicfungus Guest

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7600 GS OC 51
    this thread definately turned my thought around on the xtreme gamer card... I was thinking of getting that to...

18. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    Interesting read may have saved me from a blunder, Plus you've got me interested in the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro instead of the X-Fi XtremeMusic thanks!

19. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Actually, the only difference between the X-Music (NOT X-Audio! Avoid this one!!!) and the X-Gamer Pro is the 64mb X-RAM. The XM is just as capable as the X-Gamer in games, I know coz I had the XM before and it rox in games and music.
    I beg to differ, it all boils down to preference or priority. For me, and those like-minded, gaming consumes most of my time on PC (aside from the occassional surfing) and games must run smoothly and sound great. Sure, I do listen to music now and then, but audio quality in games matters a lot to me and here is where the X-Fi shines. It's a vast improvement over my old A2 ZS.......hell, I like the X-Fi so much, I'd even upgraded to the Fatal1ty FPS just for the heck of it.:idea:

20. LordAboveAll

LordAboveAll Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
    So your saying that I won't hear any or have any performance difference (in games) between the two?