Afterburner not applying voltage increase

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Steamroller, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Steamroller

Steamroller Guest

GPU:
    MSI r6850 Cyclone 1GB
    Hello everyone,

I am running into difficulty with having MSI Afterburner apply voltage increases.

Increasing the voltage from 1150mV to 1300mV has no measurable effect in Kombustor (or GPU-Z), which is limiting my ability to overclock my MSI r6850 Cyclone pe/oc GPU (a card designed to allow voltage increases).

Afterburner shows that the voltage increase is applied, but it is not measurable by other programs.

All other variables show the appropriate change in Kombustor (and with GPU-Z), and yes I am applying the changes.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this problem or any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Search. It was mentioned dozens of times that neither GPU-Z nor any other tool besides AB provides support and proper readings for custom VRMs used on many HAWK/PE series cards. Use DMM.

3. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    I am about to upgrade my GTX 580 Lightning that too had that issue. What GTX 770 4gb card would not have the issue of not being able to monitor? I looked at the MSI TF 770, but the EVGA Classy isn't totally out of the price range.