Dual monitor/mouse/keyboard/gaming

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Goutan, May 4, 2013.

1. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Not sure where to ask this.

Does anybody know if I can play multiple games at once on one PC using different monitors/keyboards? Ex. If I want to play a game on one monitor with my mouse and keyboard, and I want my friend to play with me on a different monitor with their own mouse and keyboard on their own instance of the game, can we use the same rig? I have 2 graphics cards and I don't mind disabling SLI for the purpose of attempting this. Lets assume that running two instances of the program isn't an issue (I know that modification to allow it is specific to each game)

Additionally, is it possible to play in full screen on each of the monitors?

Any information would be great. I'm going to try to work out a system for it myself, but I haven't invested in a second set of input devices yet. I'd like to have an idea of the plausibility of it before I spend money.

2. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
  3. Goutan

Goutan Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Thanks d mouse! I'll give this a shot when I get home. I checked out the SDK for multipoint but the process to put it together was well beyond my skill level.

4. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Did you have a particular game in mind? I don't think a lot of games will let you launch multiple instances. You might have the best luck with a game like L4D2 where you can actually start a split screen multiplayer. In that case your best bet would be to make an Eyefinity group (Nvidia Surround?) out of the two monitors and then have it split screen with a vertical split.

Then you can use the mouse and keyboard and get a game controller for your friend.

5. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I can play Sins of a Solar Empire and Forged Alliance at the same time. As well as watching a movie. :nerd: