AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Surely there is a way to mod the setup routine but I don't know how, you may start a new thread with your problem, it will catch more competent eyes.
    But have you tried Compatibility mode?
    Right-click Setup.exe> Properties> Compatibility> tick Run this program as Win7 or Vista SP2. (I don't know if you can do that with 2008 R2)

Also in the Config subfolder edit the file InstallManager.cfg, WorkaroundInstall=true.

2. DaveThyRave

DaveThyRave Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870 Twin Frozr II
    I just may have to start a new thread, especially if a workaround can be found to help other people experiencing the same problem.

But yeah, I've tried compatibility, it's a no-go. I got excited about editing the .cfg, seemed like that would have worked, but sadly didn't :(

Right now, I'm going through the painful process of installing everything by hand, and then running the .reg files. So far, it's sorta working. Except, CCC isn't in control panel, and some other things.

Thanks for your help and suggestions though :)

One last thing, if I were to make a new thread.. should it be in this sub-forum?

3. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Sure, it's related to AMD drivers. Maybe do a forum search first with key words (2008 R2 Catalyst, CCC, etc), maybe there is already solutions posted.

4. DaveThyRave

DaveThyRave Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870 Twin Frozr II
    Alright, will do.

Searching was the first thing I did, as I wouldn't want to bother anyone without doing the proper research first.
    The only thing I really found was this:
    Catalyst [Modified build]
    What I didn't catch before, however, was the "Cannot install your package / See Driver/Applications under Windows 2008 Operating System" solution in the thread.

It basically says exactly what you just told me, but backwards.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3667647&postcount=1306
    I think he just got it backwards, as the response to his post points out
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3667663&postcount=1309

Somehow, he was able to get it working. Now I know there's a lot some hope to get this resolved.

5. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    u can fix ur "widescreen" in the registry... changing to a custom RES, in google u can find it "warcraft 3 custom res"

6. DaveThyRave

DaveThyRave Member

GPU:
    MSI 6870 Twin Frozr II
    Mad

Just wanted to post something that ticked me off.

After installing the drivers manually as best as I could, I wanted to see how bad my system was doing in comparison to others.

Turns out: the worst
    [​IMG]

Yep, I achieved the lowest score in my class on 3DMark 11.

Oh happy days.

7. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi Von Dach, could u explain me a bit how this program work, how to put to work on background and if is useless on windows 7

Bya

8. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Just run it, click Maximum and minimize it. The timer resolution will be at 0.5ms for everything running in your system as long as this program will be open.
    Yes it is useful for Windows 7.

Animatrix wrote about it years ago in this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=1451631&postcount=10

9. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Thanks

10. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    am i right that i need to do the von dach tweaks on my own now ?
    with the stuff listed on the first post, or is von dach planning to release like he did before ?

and can i tweak the new 10.12 or do i need to wait till von dach updates his von tweaks 1.1 ?

cheers

11. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    @Von Dach

How can I enable MLAA on 10.12 and CCC2? I tried the reg trick, nothing...

Thanks

12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes you can tweak it yourself now, I won't release another "modded driver". The method in first post should work for any driver past and future.

You applied the reg trick then reseted CCC2 settings to default?

Can you tell me:
    1. Start Menu> Run> type "regedit"
    2. In regedit> Edit> Find> copy and paste this "4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318"
    3. You will see some sub keys, 0000, 0001, 0002. What number is the last one?

13. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Question: Does your driver includes improvements for old ATI GPU such as my HD4870?

I'm using ATI 10.12 drivers here atm and i still see exactly the same old options as i had on all the previous drivers.

And thanks for posting the stuff about HPET. Running that timer resolution app does lower my latency from ~100 microseconds to > 50 microseconds. Al thought the hint about killing CCC doesn't cause any changes for my setup.

14. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    still having the fps drops on bo map havana (not sound related) with the 10.12
    latest bo patch fixed the stutters though

any super duper hidden magic advice von dach ?
    done the performance tweaks(well some) @ your thread weeks ago as the last resort, smoother but still fps drops

im done with this drops :eyes:

temps are ok, clocks and voltages etc. its all fine and monitored
    no unused services running etc.

im posting it here coz i want to adress my issue to u specially

thx

15. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    My fps drops (some weeks ago) were related to old reg keys sticking and corrupting new drivers install. I can now fix it with TwL Cleaner v3.7.1+ (Normal mode) or Driver Sweeper v2.7.5+ (Safe Mode).

So the real magic improvement is first a clean uninstall/install with the method on first post. The tweak reg will just reveal all the settings available (some won't work for your cards) and default the quality higher, except for Surface Format I should have kept unticked but you can correct that yourself.

16. bhstr99

bhstr99 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Im having the same problem, so just to be sure.

when you say, 'and default the quality higher' are you saying put the Standard settings on "Quality"

I hope you reply soon, Thanks for your time:)

17. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    The settings used are all described on first post.

18. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    sup von!, hey the aplication timer is now 10.00 usd do you use the payed version 2.0 or the free one 1.5 ??

19. bhstr99

bhstr99 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Just tried the settings as you said in the first post and still the same problem

When near narrow areas or inside buildings, i get great FPS for example: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2156/blackopsmp2010121623490.png

However when looking at long lines of sight its just bad FPS, and sometimes causes me to lose Gunfights and such :(. For example: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1299/blackopsmp2010121623484.png
    Shadows are disabled.

20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Free v1.2 do the job, I won't publicize it if it was moneyed program only. It's just that you have to start it and maximize resolution manually, but who cares.