MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 4 (2011-06-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jun 20, 2011.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 4 is ready. We've added more high/low leakage GPU models for HD 6990/HD 6970/HD 6950/HD 5870/HD 5850/HD 5830. (If your card supports voltage control and voltage control works abnormal, you may try it) Please feel free to let us know if any problem even when you select the right option.

Changes list includes:

- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.2.1. New version gives you the following improvements:
    - Tuned vertex buffer usage strategy improves performance in Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 applications in raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode
    - Fixed vertex buffer corruption bug, causing On-Screen Display to flicker randomly in Direct3D8 and Direct3D9 applications when raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode is enabled
    - Now raster font uses managed texture instead of dynamic one to bypass broken high resolution dynamic texture pitch reporting on GTX 200 series graphics cards under NVIDIA 275.27 beta drivers
    - Raster font texture size is no longer fixed. Now the server is dynamically selecting minimum possible texture size to fit selected font into it
    - The skins have been changed slightly to provide more convenient raster font customization. Now raster font customization window can be open by clicking "Raster 3D" button. Holding "Ctrl" button while clicking "Raster 3D" button allows you to select pre-rendered font from bitmap file and holding "Shift" button while clicking "Raster 3D" button allows you to pre-render and save currently selected font to bitmap file
    - Fixed bug causing multiple used On-Screen Display slots to overwrite each other instead of merging the slots correctly
    - Added screencapture support for Direct3D10 and Direct3D11 applications using framebuffers with 10-bit RGB components (e.g. Dirt 3)
    - Improved tabbed text formatting
    - Now desktop video capture support and forcible Aero Glass interface toggling can be disabled via the configuration files if necessary
    - Updated profiles list
    - Now SDK includes new sample code, demonstrating On-Screen Display usage from any third party application. The sample is displaying CPU usage in On-Screen Display and provides third party developers helper object for RivaTuner-styled grouped OSD text formatting
    - PowerTune settings are now being forcibly reapplied after changing the clocks via unofficial overclocking path to bypass bug in AMD driver causing PowerTune settings to be reset to defaults during programming PowerPlay table
    - Unofficial overclocking is now ignored for inactive ULPS enabled AMD graphics cards

The download link of MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 4:

Download

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    I was looking forward to this so thank you much.

3. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks indeed!!!

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

5. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Ha , good thanks !!

6. nihilisti

nihilisti Guest

GPU:
    Hello,

First of all, thank you, Unwinder and MSI, for your work.

Now, I have a reference 6950 2GB and I can't overclock it using Afterburner, because I need the +20% PowerPlay setting on, or it will throttle, but AB does not let me use it.

This is how my CCC Overdrive looks like with Afterburner on.

Is there a way I can use PowerPlay with Afterburner?

Another question:

Is there a way to disable all monitoring functions of Afterburner so that Punkbuster will stop messing with it?

I wish to be able to use only AB's overclocking profiles. No monitoring needed.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I meant PowerControl, obviously.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  7. tkin

tkin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 Lightning
  8. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks guys, good job! Hey Unwinder I updated the language pack ITA.
    check pm ... Thanks!

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    hy,

first THX for the new update..
    This might be a silly question but i guess im blind or it doesnt say anywhere how i can use aida64 or what ever to display cpu Temp, etc in afterburner ingame..

sorry for the question if is allready answered somewhere..

please point me there, hehe..

THX, greetz Beta

10. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Rename the RTCore.cfg to RTCore.cfg.bak. Easiest way to fix the PB issue. You won't have control of the voltages but you won't crash.

PB fault.

11. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB

To add the CPU usage and temperatures in RTSS uses HWiNFO32 (or 64) the latest versions.
    go to the state of the sensor, and then click Configure and then at the bottom right there is the option to add the values ​​of CPU usage and temperature in RivaTuner OSD (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision...)
    bb

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

:bang:
    got the newest version..but still cant find something about riva statistcs server.. :(

[​IMG]

on the other hand, with aida i see the option but it doesnt show ingame..

[​IMG]

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for the update Unwinder and MSI :)

It's there in hwinfo32 beta, last I checked. You have to actually click on a sensor to configure it.

You also have to start RTSS and show OSD for it to work (keeping in mind that the OSD won't show in native 64-bit applications).

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    u maybe have a tutorial or something like that?

would help me great ..hehe

15. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Go into Afterburner settings and enable any hotkey, that will start the OSD server in the tray. Open the OSD server from the tray and enable Show OSD. Install the latest beta version of HWinfo32 and configure the sensor to show in the OSD.

16. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ok. thx. im gonna try it in a bit..need food , hehe..

THX for ur help..gonna report back later..

bye bye

17. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    I think you are talking about Powertune, not Powerplay. Since we dont suggest to control CCC and run Afterburner at the same time, so far there is no better way to increase. Maybe find a unlocked BIOS is the best way. :)

18. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Punkbuster may be having issues with the statistics server, if it is hooking the game. You can disable features in Afterburner and the statistics server (such as hotkeys and OSD information) until the server no longer shows in the system tray (but Afterburner can still work with clocks and fan speeds).

Also, it's worth noting that you can probably disable hooking on a per-application basis by using the profiles feature of the statistics server. Add the executable in question and set the application detection level to "None".

P.S. - Everything I just said, Unwinder has programmed right into the balloon tips. Everyone please RTFM before Unwinder decides to kill this project too.

19. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB

The latest version is v3.81-1290 (Beta), instead you still have the old v3.73-1220

20. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Perhaps it's best to continue your discussion of HWinfo in a new thread, one that people can refer to in the future if they have these same questions. We all know how much Unwinder hates seeing the same questions over and over.