Stalker Call of pripyat, is it a good game?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i'm planning on getting that game, and try it , since i didn't have a nick for survival horror games, is it atmospheric?

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah you could say that. I never really got into it but many people enjoyed the game.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I don't think it will run good on that rig mate.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the recommended specs says core2duo 6600/and 8800 gt, i tried shadow of shernobyl before it worked very nicely, but didn't play.

5. gunman127

gunman127 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti 6GB 960 2GB
    Great game, "finished" it ten times, but you can choose to keep playing after that, so I've got hundreds of artefacts and thousands of guns!
    It inspired me to actually visit Chernobyl and Prypiat last april, which was amazing!

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I highly doubt it will run smooth, you have really outdated/slow hardware.

This game is quiet heavy, or you don't really mind 15-20fps on lowest settings and low res?

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Amazing game! Just don't forget to play MISERY mode, not vanilla.

8. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    8800GT is faster than the GT 220 so your system will chug a bit on the GPU side of things, playing it in DX9 mode with tweaked settings will make it faster.

As for the gameplay, some liked it some don't. In my case, i enjoyed it, finished it 3 times last time i remember.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i see, is the engine heavy like the 4Aengine of metro 2033 and metro last light?since it's close as a russian developper, i ran metro in dx9 and tweaked settings 27 to 30 fps.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'd sell u my 8800GTX dirt cheap if you were in NZ.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i wish, i'm in lebanon middle east, graphic cards here are very expensive, let's say: the gtx 650 is for 270$,plus a good PSU is for 80$.while in the US it's for 110,120 after rebate,but i have no one coming from the us right now, by the way, i ran stalker clear sky smoothly on my bro's old pentium d 3.0 and 8600 gt,1280*1024, medium to high no AA

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  12. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    It's even slower. That's because mostly because of the lack of multithreading support. Shadows Of Chernobyl was much, much easier on the hardware than this one.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    8800GTX was a beast back then, i bought it on release day.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    8800GTX can't max out Stalker COP, alteast not MISERY mode.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I love the Chernobyl folklore and i remember the day in happened in 1986. However i thought all the Stalker games were ok but not great tbh. I think there highly overated borefest with average graphics for the time. You need to try them for yourself to see if you like.

16. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    SOC had average graphics...CS and COP had some of the coolest looking lighting effects seen at the time in my opinion....Much better than anything else at the time, including Crysis. Some of the textures and vegetation were mediocre but most of it was excellent.

It is lots of fun, but I wouldn't really call it a horror game. There are some dark areas but there aren't any ghosts or anything. There are mutants, but probably about 75% of the enemies you fight are other stalkers.

You can also download the complete mods which are pretty cool. I think your computer would run the game just fine, probably not high settings but it should work. I played STALKER on a base model Circuit-City PC with onboard graphics.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u mean u ran stalker call of pripyat on that rig?anw thanks for the reply

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Stalker games are very atmospheric. Gameplay wise it's more of a you'll either hate it or love it thing.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    hated SOC but love CS and COP. clear sky was the best out of all three, call of pripyat was the most stable out of the box of all three, yet it was still good. u MUST play cop with community mods, it make the atmosphere ever better, that is where i can say stalker games have edge on any other game(besides Metro and some others).

Like said above me, gameplay wise u gonna hate it or love it.

20. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    No, I ran STALKER SOC, the first one.....the requirements aren't too much different between the three titles. It ran on low settings, but there were no frame rate issues.