New performance build cooling/noise advice

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alisaman, Jul 16, 2013.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's good! The H110 is a difficult cooler to find a case that will fit it, but from what I have heard it's quieter than the H100i so is a better option if quietness is preferred.

Not sure how much extra noise will result with the fans on top, I wouldn't think too much. The only thing you would probably hear in addition to the H110 fans is the video card fan(s), so ideally just get one that isn't too loud. I have noticed that on many cases, a considerable amount of the noise isn't direct from the air vents, but indirect through the case itself. The design of the Define XL R2 should mean a lot of this is cut out.

2. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    I agree about the noise isolation of XL R2, but I suspect it will require not opening side vent and top vents (my p180 with top vent slips noise that way for sure) - so mounting h100i ( with Scythe AP-15 fans instead of Corsairs own) in front should do the trick, I hope ;)

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    If you're still looking for a case, check one of these Cooler Master HAF XB. It's got plenty of room for water-cooling along the front and good over-all air flow. Only downside is the disk management. It only supports 2 or 3 SSDs, and two HDDs in the front hot-swap slots.
    The overall size & shape of it makes it good for fitting into spaces that a tower normally won't fit when you're using it for a HTPC & maybe wanna stick it near an entertainment center.

4. alisaman

alisaman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780 WC
    Thank you for suggestion, Sas :) Unfortunately, it is too small, and don't seem to be sound proofed, like the ones I mentioned.