SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    And now I'm just sad.

This was my only option for getting SweetFX to work on games that use gameguard! Pah. I'm just going to go to my corner now.

Sobbing.

Forever.

:cry:

2. casamassi

casamassi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 GHZ@1202/7000Mhz
    oh, hi CeeJay and compliments for the work! GREAT !:) Very good work!
    I'm not very practical with the SweetFX and I asked if exist some values already made for some games..
    i haven't much time and it's very labors to make tests with different values..

however with that standard values you said that they are had some good results however,right?

Do you think about picking up some settings for every single game?
    and last
    Which are the essential values to try different settings for have a good result?
    sorry for yhe questions....:)
    Thx

3. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    You can test the settings while the game is open. Alt-tab, change settings, go back in game. There aren't really universal settings that work for all games. Even the default vibrance setting needs to be turned off for certain games.

S-curves tends to make most games look better, as most games don't really have great contrast. Contrast makes everything better :)

Then again there are some games like Deus Ex HR that can look fantastic by really screwing with the color scheme.

4. GregP

GregP Member

GPU:
    2 x 7970
    CeeJay.dk, I absolutely love this tool and have been using it in Dishonored, Dark Souls and Cliffs of Dover. Although I've never been able to get SMAA working, using SweetFX is worth it for the sharpening and color changes alone. I'm also pretty excited that it's now been integrated into Radeon Pro, which means I could now use SweetFX with my 64-bit executable of DCS (if I could get RP to work with DCS! which I have yet to do).

Question: are you planning at any point in the future to add an ability to 'proxy' another d3d9 library? We all know that ENB can do it, so I'm hoping that a similar thing could be done with SweetFX. The reason I ask is twofold:

1) I use SoftTH in DCS, which uses a d3d9, preventing me from using SweetFX.

2) I play a lot of games in stereoscopic 3D, and the DDD TriDef drivers use their own d3d9, again preventing me from using SweetFX in any 3D games.

So -- any plans? Assuming it's possible, how hard, in general, would it be to do this?

5. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I didn't make the injector, I "just" code the suite of shaders it runs.
    The InjectSMAA injector could only add SMAA .. now it can do a whole lot more.
    But if you can use RadeonPro you should be able to use that instead and hopefully make that work with SoftTH.

6. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Beautiful.

BTW with the next SweetFX version coming up, could you please direct me to all your latest presets and I'll include them in the next version.

7. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Great idea...I really hope that this gets done....please. :)

8. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Sure. I'm putting together a sloppy directory on my site right now for such a thing. Ideally, I want to have a blog where I can post screenshots and explain how I achieved the look. Being a web developer, you'd think it would be a fun project for me. I just don't have the spare time to make it. whoisjimothy.com hasn't been updated since... like... 2009. Back then, that site was kinda cool.

For now it will just be a list of settings files and folders with example screenshots that go with them.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  9. Yobi_uk

Yobi_uk Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 470
    Can't wait for new version...

I've been sharing the love of SweetFX in the TWC centre as I was getting depressed with the drab original visuals of the Total War games.

To be honest I was introduced to SweetFX with Sleeping dogs. Then I tried it with Shogun 2 Total War, and after learning more and discovering version 1.3, I tried it with Empire Total War.

So far so good and it totally makes visuals better for me.

Hope you don't mind that I've done so, I've given credit to you of course....

Shogun 2

Empire Total War

I can't wait for the new version to come out.:nerd:

10. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Spec Ops The Line

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    More DPX, Marcel?

12. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    yes DPX and Tonemap but sometimes is too bright. I must little tweak.

13. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    That code is only there to ensure it compiles right when not using the injector - that is .. when I'm debugging it.
    It will not be activated when using SweetFX normally. It even says so in the comments :

Code:
    #ifndef SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE // It's actually set on runtime, this is for compilation time syntax checking.
    #define SMAA_PIXEL_SIZE float2(1.0 / 1280.0, 1.0 / 720.0)
    #endif
    I very strongly doubt that it can cause a CTD because that should be impossible.

EDIT:
    Also don't overwrite the SMAA.h file in SweetFX with the newer SMAA.h v2.7 file.
    That will only cause problems because you'll be mixing the textures from the 2.6 version with the shader from the 2.7 version - They are not fully compatible.

14. GameGuy

GameGuy Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 670 PE/OC 2GB SLI
    Ok I played through Bioshock 1 and finished it with sweetfx with smaa, luma sharpening, hdr, dpx and vibrance on. It looked great with a few tweaks and didn't have any odd graphical errors that I noticed. So then I started the second game with the same config and I'm getting this effect in the image below when luma sharpening is enabled (left is with it off and right is when its on). I would like this setting left on as it makes the game look just a little bit better. Its seems to only affect the underwater parts of the game so I'm thinking it has something to do with the particles handled by the havok physics in the water but I'm not sure. Let me know if this can be fixed or if I'm just going to have to live with luma sharpening off.

[​IMG]

15. CoalBlackend

CoalBlackend Guest

GPU:
    GTX660ti
    Deus EX

@Neo could you post your Deus-EX settings looks very good. @Marcel @Neo do any of you guys by chance have settings for the DC Universe online mmo, would be cool to get some settings for that 1.

16. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    Those weren't my Deus Ex HR settings. I beat that game long before I knew about sweetfx. My attempts to hack in my usual no-clip weren't very successful so I doubt I'll be screenshotting that game much.

The person you're after is WelshPixie, and it appears as though she is using the settings from this thread.

17. CoalBlackend

CoalBlackend Guest

GPU:
    GTX660ti
    @Neo

@Neo thx again, wish someone could do a DCUO setting that game looks like crap maybe no hope even with SweetFX lol.

18. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    CoalBlackend i gonna download it and give you a setting
    but 16GB hmm time to sleep a little :)

19. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Can anyone tell me how these work? I'm having trouble adjusting the AA for GTA IV(using these exact settings in IV)

Code:
    #define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.15           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6  // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0        // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

20. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    yesterday i try SMAA for Spec Ops and best work these settings for me but with downsampling from 1440p

]#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 80 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

@CoalBlackend i do not have DC Universe :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.