Gran Turismo 6 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by NoviceRei, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I lost my love for GT years ago and now only play when I get challenged by a friend of two to v8 muscle cars track times on nurburgring.

Too many negatives about the GT series to mention, and think I did in another thread so meh.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay finally got a chance to play a few races with the G27 and my cockpit setup holy sh!t this is how you are supposed to play this game.

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I've got a G27 + wheelstand sitting in the corner gathering dust, might have to drag it out if it's worth it!

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I haven't seen a reason to move past GT5.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    There's a couple of new tracks and the physics engine has gotten an overhaul it's hard to explain but I can feel it when using the wheel. If you can find it for cheap get it. Still not sure it was worth retail. But I'm a sucker for GT have owned and pretty much completed all of them but GT1.

They still have never come close to how fun rally was in GT3.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well be sure to do that. GT6 has one of the best FFB out there IMO. The other proper one I can think of is Assetto Corsa.
    At first glance there isn't a big difference between 5 and 6, but a few hours in you realise that a lot of small improvements make a big impact. Physics are great, graphics too and I love the fast and clean UI. Still as everyone is aware - the sound and AI suck and sometimes the screen tearing is terrible. I love the career progression, the new tracks, awesome number of cars and the fact that every time I boot it up there is something new to do. Be that a new seasonal event, new carrier tier, new license and what not. Also the multy is much more enjoyable when you don’t have to wait forever for the game to connect and load. In short the game is great and until AC or pCARS get to some point of final product (and I get a new PC lol), this will be my sim of choice.

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Rally physics have always been garbage to me in GT games. Can't stand them.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Gave the wheel a go today, really does feel amazing, can't believe I waited this long lol

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes it is amazing can't go back to a game pad now.

BTW Matterhorn is a bitch without downforce on that downhill backstretch with the kink in it I've lost it so many times there.

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I love flying down there in my EVO 6 lol, difficult track to set the car up though.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Having a hard time setting my AP2 S2K up for that it need a rear wing but they are all so ugly on this car (way too big I'm not in formula D).

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I tend to set the rear a bit higher and softer than I would for other tracks, seems to help stop the rear end stepping out.