Call Of Duty:Ghosts Performance? Optimization?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tom12, Nov 5, 2013.

1. seero

seero Guest

GPU:
    2x 660Ti DirectCU II TOP
    now we talking installed WHQL Drivers runs great

all maxed 1920x1080

4xTXAA 60-110 fps

[​IMG]

4xMSAA 75-135 fps

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    Finally some good news!
    although its only for nVidia GPUs....... (>__>)

Anyways I m thinking of Running it on high with MSAA disabled(obviously) my resolution is also pretty low. so will i get 50+ FPS? what do u guys think?Possible?:confused:

3. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
  4. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    No, absolutely not, high res textures abound, but lighting and shading is just shockingly bad, I was very surprised that they are still using the same mass explosion effects as they did in COD Modern Warfare.

I think we are in a very bad age of getting ripped off something rotten by game developers and publishers who know they will get their bucks no matter how little effort they throw into a game.

I also found it strange that there were no reviews of this game until release day.

This is an out of date looking game, which inexplicably runs like a dog on 7870's cross fired. I could understand Crysis 3 on Max, not this.

5. tom12

tom12 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming
    You probably could max out(except MSAA sadly) Battlefield 4 with a single Hd 7870 at 1680x1050 and get 50+ FPS. It looks so realistic!

BTW COD Ghosts requires 40GB space but the campaign is suppose to be about 6 hrs long... if its gonna be so big atleast optimize it.
    EVEN a bit....... (¬___¬)

6. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Well. I can't remember the last COD game I bought, maybe Modern Warfare or MW2, I can't remember. I have been wanting a new game & I did buy BF3 when it came out which I played maybe 10 to 15 times so I've been putting off BF4 thinking I'll load it up & leave it shortly after = waste of $$$.

I was extremely close to purchasing COD Ghosts this past weekend thinking, (please God) surely this will be a worthy purchase. Damn! I'm glad I didn't today seeing what the general opinion is thus far.... What a shame. I can't find anything lately I like & am interested in for very long.

7. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    The game is running poorly and graphics are the same, just a bit improvement from last CoD I mean, BF4 looks 800 times better and runs better aswell. I hope they do something about it.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    How are you guys getting bad performance?

I have just played the first four levels of the game and its perfect, all maxed out 1080p, using FXAA, and fps is fine. Always over 60fps with VERY little drops to 50fps when loading certain new areas.

AA options for me are a little redundant, I sometimes prefer the more sharper look that turning off AA gives.

9. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    I appreciate its hard to optimize a game and cater for all number of PC configurations there are out there. Some folks will no doubt find the game running absolutely fine. However, we are paying over £40 average for a game nowadays. I expect the product I buy to be in good working order.

With BF4 and COD Ghosts, I am becoming dissolutioned with PC gaming. I cannot believe that there are those out there that are that accepting of the fact that games are broken on release and that we should just sit patiently waiting for the myriad of patches and new drivers before things settle down.

It is disgusting on the part of the game manufacturers that they release games in this state. Take BF4 for example, AMD was a hardware partner for that game, yet there are numerous issues being experienced by folks with AMD cards. The game had a BETA program FFS.
    Crossfire and SLI have been out for years now, yet we continuously have to wait for updated drivers or profiles or new technology to be added to the driver set so that we can get some stability or make the most of what is actually an expensive investment that, considering how much we have to mess around and experiment with, we get very little return for.

I cannot remember the last time I bought a game where I didn't have to mess around with settings or 3rd party tools to get it to a playable point. Some might think I am picky, but I buy expensive hardware in order to get fantastic performance. The cost vs effort vs reward ratio is just too biased towards effort.

I don't blame the hardware manufacturers, I blame the game studios and publishers for not polishing games, and getting them to work with current hardware and drivers, instead they use the launch of their games as extended beta tests and I personally feel like I'm being shafted.

This is not even isolated to PC gaming, check out the forums for BF4 for issues with the XBOX and PS.

The sad thing is, unless there was a collective boycott of premium titles that were broken on launch, this will carry on, and no doubt get worse.

:bang:

10. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Battlefield 4 runs perfect in my sli. What's the problem with bf4 and sli?

11. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    "Some folks will no doubt find the game running absolutely fine"

12. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Performance wise, it's what I expected. Just a few tweaks from ultra and I'm able to play at around 80fps at 1620p (in Multiplayer). However there's this weird issue where the mouse input is quite jittery, making it difficult to aim at times.

13. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    For ATi-AMD card only because the performance of heavy tessellation is bad. ;)

14. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Running great for me on max settings. Only slow down I get is when I look down a sniper scope. Seems to cut my FPS in half

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    last game running great out of the box is COD Mw3,with no tweak it was running at 1440*900 high settings 2x msaa-automatic picture setting at 50 fps, i fail to remember any fps game that ran that nicely on a low end setup.

16. Saff3r

Saff3r Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 7870 BE x2
    Yes! I remember that, I was blown away that my 5770 could run everything on max with a crappy Core 2 Duo 6600

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    its crap that the game has to reload every time you change the resolution.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just played multiplayer and it was a little choppy at the start of the round but I put that down to my internet being complete and utter sh%t!

What has me completely shocked is that in multiplayer when I exit the game back to desktop and check Afterburner I see that it was using 2.9GB VRAM!!!!!! WTF!!???

This seriously can not be right, the textures look crap even at the max settings, and I am only using FXAA not MSAA so VRAM usage should be A LOT lower than this.

PS/ I was only playing a 6v6 TDM game as well, 2.9GB VRAM is just insane!

19. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

You are pointing directly to a SLI problem in those games. What's the problem with sli in BF4? I can find a few users with smoke flickering using older drivers. Is this the big problem?

A general complaint message is fine, but if you're going to launch a complaint about a specific problem you need some concrete information.

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I've tested the game in our lab on three different machines :
    Phenom X4 955/GTX570/8Gb of RAM
    I7 4770K/GTX780 SLI/ 16gb of RAM
    AMD FX8350/Radeon R9 290/16gb of RAM

Ran mighty fine on all rigs, with settings toned down to medium/high on the GTX 570.

No Physx yet though, a patch is en route.