Crysis Stuttering fix :)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RagDoll_Effect, Nov 26, 2007.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yes it will make some impact not huge but it will me the game play allot smoother. No its not for audio creation part, that's aiso driver's. but extreme audio doesn't support it either, go at least with extreme music or extreme gamer ( both have 2mb ram, but at least they use eax 5.0).

@Unclepappi

yes i noticed that too, especially in Bioshock, my onboard card just couldn't keep up, the sounds where missing and there where some pops here and there. Now its like a new game or something its allot more fun to play and i can actually tell from which direction the enemies are coming, despite using only 2 speakers :D ( that CMSS 3D works wonders in 2.1 set and headphones). Lol especially in Fear Combat, me like it allot hehehe.

2. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Yep, I think it changes the sample rate or something. Some report that changing the sound quality reduced the studdering.

I only mentioned a sound card being bad for Vista becouse of the work arounds needed to get them working properly. Vista uses a diff method of producing sounds in games. In order to get sound to work on the X-Fi, Creative had to patch a work around, but it still does not use the true path used in DX10 or Vista.

What type of sound did the Devs use in Crysis? It's not EAX or anything is it?

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    as it is recommended to have an x-fi card (saw it in readme file) than i suppose it uses eax 5.0.

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I'm gonna dig through the installation files to see what sound path it uses.

5. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    All I could find was something about FMOD-EX but I looked up the Crytec2 engine details and it uses an in-house sound system. Still not sure if the system has any hooks into creative hardware though...(HL2 in house sound does so it's possible).

*whoops double post

6. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    well, I bought a sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi xtreme and all is running excellent. Sound is better than ever, no stuttering at all.

So, that was it, the onboard sound has some conflicts in some games I guess, anyhow, didn't cost me much, got it OEM and it's a great sound card.

Cheers :):):)

Keep posting in this post as many people are using onboard sound and even some other sound cards having stuttering probs, so maybe in the patch might solve it for them.

7. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Ragdoll_Effect, Grahf, Digital Hunter & UnclePappi: thanks for the tips, I think I'm gonna consider a new X-Fi extreme in my budget :)

8. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool man :) I highly recommend it and it's also got heaps of features, including a special EAX and sound enhancer which are awesome and an equalizer. Also, there is a performance setting where you can select special HD 96kHz sampling rate and 24bit audio.

Good luck and they are also very cheap, especially the OEM version.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    unfortunately Realtek even though it is great as far as sound quality goes (24bits/92khz) they've got a long way to go in the compatability department.
    not sure if anyone with an onboard Realtek enabled noticed some sort of pause in Windowsxp and vista when doubleclicking a folder in mycomputer moments before you hear the "click" sound?
    it is pretty random and you must try to get in and out of various folders before it happend, i'm sure this bug is also the main culprit in games audio stuttering.

you can fix this by setting the Explorer.exe affinity to just 1 core rather than 2 or 4 suddenly the problem disappears, so i can conclude it is related to the dual/quad cores conflicting in some way between Explorer.exe and the sound drivers.

my 0.02$

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  10. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    I used to get lots of sound studdering with my built in sound card (SoundMax)
    problem was solved with X-Fi Xtreme pro gamer

11. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    From what i can see, the X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM for £50 seems to be the best bet, i think it's the best X-Fi card but just without all the crap that the Fatality brand name (sell out!) brings. I would avoid all fatality branded crap, i wouldn't pay £20 for h1s name on a b0x.