FIFA 14 PC won't use new Ignite engine

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2013.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah history repeats itself

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    And just when we all thought things would actually change for the better given the fact it's all x86 based.

EA SAYS NO! :banana:

4. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    What a bastards. Those craps consoles are PC's in the end.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah sounds strange. since it obviously will be a version just for the pc (since the wii-u isnt getting it).

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just seems to me they can't be arsed getting the game running with the new engine on all three platforms even though FIFA has sold extremely well recently on PC with recent outings. Absolute ****tards.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    extremely well ? where did you read this ?
    all i can find is this: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70739/fifa-soccer-13/
    says:
    PC is 0.29m
    ps3 is 6.42m
    xbox360 4.65m

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Hmm most odd. I...I...must have got it wrong! :wanker:

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They clearly want people to buy new consoles. That trailer looks good. Looks like I'll be buying a console to play sports games and exclusives again. Bring on next gen nhl!

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hehe dont worry.
    pc platform isnt doing too well.
    now if they would get their ass on steam, and join the sales once in a while, im sure it would have done much better.

11. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    Sorry but being as old as I am and knowing the crap EA has spun over the years, it likely isn't anything to get excited about anyway.

Remember when they said NBA Live was 60fps? The hyped the crap out of it and a blind monkey could have told you it wasn't even running close to that.

Even way back on the PS1, the first NBA Live had a new tech called Vpoly... Virtual Polygons... in other words, sprites.
    Sprites that ran about 5 frames per second.

Then you hear this crap today about blurring the lines between reality and gaming and they show cartoon looking models that don't look lifelike at all and animate like GI Joe figures.

Screw EA and their sports games.

12. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    I bet it will be next year. They probably didn't put in the time (or plan accordingly) to do two different engines for this year.

13. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    EA Sports still is very stupid!! GRRR! Because we remember PC is worse graphics than XBOX360 for FIFA 07 and PS3 for FIFA 08 until FIFA 10. :( But platforms must be all same graphics levels for good respect of developer EA Sports.

Therefore, PES 2014 (new level of graphics) for PC will back to win because PES will be more many sales than FIFA 14! :p

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's EA. *shrug*

15. CrazyInsane

CrazyInsane Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    Vgchartz only tracks retail sales and not digital,so PC sales is definitely more than that.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh ok. but even if you would double it (which i highly doubt its the case), its still quite less then the console sales. especially since digital isnt added to those aswell.
    one million pc sales would really surprise me.

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It's because we don't have 8Gb of VRAM like the new consoles.... ;p

That football is gonna look ****ing amazing, best ball you have ever seen!

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What I want to see is someone take these engines out of their comfort zone and use them for something totally different. Like making a side scrolling platform game with the Frostbite engine for instance, that things would look beautiful.

Rather than make a new engine, develop and build upon the current frostbite engine, improve a.i and motion capture. I hate seeing new engines and all they get used for one specific genre.

Also a million sales on PC of Fifa would make my eyes explode, impossible unless it was something like £10-15 which it never will be for a new title.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    They don't have 8GB VRAM. Microsoft just said 8GB, they didn't say if it is GDDR5 or not, they did not say it was unified in anyway. So this could be split up and the fact that the new Xbox is using THREE Operating Systems I don't see that left over amount being anything close to 8GB just for VRAM. If anything its probably max 2GB. PS4 on the other hand has been confirmed as unified meaning devs can allocate as much or a little as they want to CPU, GPU. But then factor in at least 1GB of said RAM will be reserved for the OS, system functions, backgrounds functions, etc. So 8GB is looking more like 6GB (yes these number came out of my head and nowhere else). So say 6GB overall RAM left over for games, that means its a trade off between using that memory for AA, textures, etc for the GPU or using it for larger levels, better A.I scripts, more complex CPU instructions, etc.

20. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    PC will probably keep getting the old version as long as the PS3, 360 get one.

And the video they showed didn't look great anyway. Besides:

(http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561721)