Sleeping Dogs HD?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    More pork buns? You're never a real man until you've eaten a pork bun! :D

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    £45 for a HD remake for the next gen console. :eek3:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I was about to go on a tangent there for a moment until i thought about your post. The art direction is what make SD look so good, its not actually using any fancy lighting like GTA or WD and even SR, its really just dark with neon lights, HD textures and simple AO/shadows. SweetFX actually made this more apparent so i gave up trying to tweak it as all it did was flare the colors and anything that lifted the gamma made it even more obvious since there really is no special type of lighting being used.

Though i probably wont be buying this. Im quite happy to pay for console games that get the HD remake as the majority of them should have been experienced in the 1080 60fps format right from the start or games from the xbox/ps2 days as the transition is just so large, but to go and release these PC games but with high rez textures and all the dlc that pc gamers have already invested in with season passes is just plain insulting and as such, ill be skipping the Metro Redux.

4. Vardant

Vardant Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Maybe they'll throw in all the DLCs? It would still make the PC version over-priced though.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah,

I was just watching this benchmark 2-3 days ago and I said to myself this would sure look nice in HD remake with a bit higher gfx fidelity, not so empty lookin.. Then I saw this thread yesterday :D

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    HD is likely a placeholder, they mean "definitive" with a few graphical improvements here and here.

Sleeping Dogs looked good on PC but I'm sure there is margin for improvement especially with regards to asset quality and lighting.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I regard this in the same way I do the recent Metro re-releases.
    I already own the game. I don't need another copy.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://squareportal.net/2014/08/08/sleeping-dogs-definitive-edition-announcement-trailer/

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895214

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This Definitive Edition is so freaking pointless for PC, yet they still release it to dry the tit out.

11. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    If they wouldn't release it on PC, people would still be mad. Can't please everyone.

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    One thing I'm extremely angry about is that they can atleast push out an update to increase the draw distance or atleast have it tweakable in the first game.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sounds like a completely pointless PC re-release IMO and one that is clearly intended to capitalise on the growing PS4 and Xbox One user base, in the same way that Square-Enix's Tomb Raider 'Definitive Edition' did earlier on this year.

I have nothing against older games being ported over to the new consoles when they are sensibly priced but I really do understand why they bother to release them on PC as well. I mean the recent Metro Redux is amazing on my PS4 but the PC port was mostly a waste of time, especially Last Light even at a 50% discount.

14. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    They should just release a free 'upgrade' on PC, like they did with TR2013.. oh wait

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Sleeping Dogs still is one of the best GTA inspired games out there, combining open world driving with 80s-90s like martial arts action movies... but this is still a **** move by Square Enix, and it's becoming a trend. If they would release it as a free upgrade to existing editions or at a 90% discount for original owners I would somewhat understand it, but no, just milk it dry.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I will gladly rebuy Sleeping Dogs instead of buying GTA5.

I love Sleeping Dogs, played it twice from start to end and still love it.
    GTA5 bored the hell out of me on my PS3 and I never finished it. Can't even remember how far I made it... but after a while, I just... didn't care anymore.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if we can disable fxaa and the camera is fixed then i'd be interested.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What do you mean with fixed camera ? Like in the older resident evil games ?

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i mean not broken.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310