Graphics card fps help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by stexa, Jan 6, 2013.

1. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti F
    recently bought an EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2, On Battlefield 3 I get 70+ fps on ultra which is fine but when it comes to games like CoD4 or Team fortress 2 I get no where near as much fps as I got with my old card which was the GTS 450?

PC SPECS:

i5 2500k @ 3.4ghz
    8GB Ram
    TX650M PSU
    1 TB

I've installed the latest drivers of the nvidia website.

My GTS 450 outperforms the 660 Ti how?

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Numbers. We need numbers.

How much FPS are you getting with the GTX660Ti on CoD and TF2, and how much FPS did you use to get with your GTS450? Did you check the clockspeeds these cards run at when running the game?

Maybe the GTX660Ti is not going into 3D clocks mode? (Use GPU-Z / MSI AB / EVGA Precision etc...)

3. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    COD4:

GTS 450 - 250 FPS constant
    660 Ti - 250/150

TF2:

GTS 450 - 250/300 FPS
    660 Ti - 150 FPS/LOWER

4. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Wat drivers do you use , did you tried different ones on new card, trie to oc your cpu a bit to see if you get a better score, but first see how the graphic cqrd works whit msi on game how much it use, memory speed and cpu. And did you used same gpu option on 450 like on 660.

5. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Why would you even want 250 FPS? What's your monitor?

6. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    Right, Some jumps on cod4 require a higher FPS so that you can jump further and move around the map faster. So I do need to have that higher FPS for advantage whilst playing, Yes I may not be able to see the change in quality but the FPS advantage on COD4 is crucial to how a player plays at LAN events etc... So I do need 250 fps, Also I use the latest drivers of the nvidia website + Yes I have used the same settings on all games.

7. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    Also in a cod4 mod called promod 250 fps is need to do certain jumps etc...

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Oh OK.

My guess is that the GPU downclocks to 2D mode because it thinks it doesn't have to work hard to maintain highly playable framerates. Which is basically true. It's happened to me in plenty of games

I think you can use NVIDIA Inspector, or even the control panel, to force 3D clocks at all times in-game. Of course it'd be good to verify whether the clocks actually change while in game - monitor with GPU-Z

9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard, more fps equals to less input lag therefore faster responsive, but from 100 to 250 i don't think you will notice what you are saying.

When i start reading your post i thought you were being ironic or trolling. haha

I see what you mean because i used to play CS:S but oh man, really 250?!

Can you make some videos to prove your theory, cap at 100 and in the next cap at 250.I'll wait for the proof. :)

I don't see the point of buying an FPS game to learn how to jump faster. hehe

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  10. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    Not dumb at all.

Id just like to add that what stexa is saying is correct. In CoD4 the higher the FPS the better. The game engine has a glitch in it where if you have an fps of 125, 250, 333 you actually jump further. It allows you to jump/run onto parts of the map that are typically not allowed or not intended.

Stexa:-

You might have variable vsync enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel or prehaps you have AA/AF turned on try using FXAA/TXAA.
    You can find older drivers here although I would have thought the older drivers wont have support for the 6 series cards.

If you ever play cod4 then you will see...

11. gexa

gexa Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GT550Ti 1gb
    no that's the dumbest thing iv heard, if you don't know anything about the game why comment on the game, it DOES require 250 fps to jump higher and you have a big advantage if you do this, instead of commenting about the game try to help his problem and if you don't know don't reply

12. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Uh, you're speaking to yourself. Seems to me you intended to post under a new account named gexa but accidentally logged in with the other account.

Double accounts are forbidden by forum rules

13. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    gexa is my mate you tool haha,

Also this is from another forum.

Caveman
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Caveman's system
    Re: Graphics card fps help!
    Id just like to add that what stexa is saying is correct. In CoD4 the higher the FPS the better. The game engine has a glitch in it where if you have an fps of 125, 250, 333 you actually jump further. It allows you to jump/run onto parts of the map that are typically not allowed or not intended.

Stexa:-

You might have variable vsync enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel or prehaps you have AA/AF turned on try using FXAA/TXAA.
    You can find older drivers here although I would have thought the older drivers wont have support for the 6 series cards.

14. gexa

gexa Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GT550Ti 1gb
    no we arnt the same person we know each other but are different people

15. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Personal insults are also against forum rules. I suggest you try to look at the situation from my perspective and think about what it looked like.

What forum?

16. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
    You call that a personal insult?! Get outside more.

17. gexa

gexa Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GT550Ti 1gb
    tool? lol ste you're in trouble now!

18. stexa

stexa Guest

GPU:
  19. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Yeah, that is an insult. A mild one but an insult nonetheless. Tool is the same as a dumbass or an idiot.

edit: looks like I confused anandtech forum rules with guru3d. Nevermind.

Anyway, did you try what I suggested?

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Guest

GPU:
    Now it don't take a doctor for me to tell you that gexa stexa is one person with a split personality.