Debt Ceiling question

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by J.B.west, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    yep. Clinton even had the United States in a surplus. Then W Bush took office and we went to war against "waapons of mass destrukshun". Then the Obaminator inherited a REALLY big credit card when he took office, and he is making full use of it. You're right though Air, we might upset the liberals. Lets keep this talk on the dl. lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Why do I think this^ is the correct way to look at it as an American? (because I am one don't make it right).....

Thanks Brasky for the new insight on the subject....

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Agree with everything^.... except the W Bush part....He was a new President and they flew 2 jet airliners into the twin towers......It could/would have been different had that not happened!!.......

4. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    You are thinking Afganistan, Iraq didn't do anything but exist, which apparently really bothered Bush.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

What would you do as a new president on 9/11/2001?.......

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Obama can't spend a dime that isn't authorized by Congress. Currently, spending authority resides in the GOP House. I think it is remarkably dishonest to solely blame the democrats when the majority of the current debt was enabled under a GOP House, Senate and White House.

7. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I would have done what Bush did, he went to Afganistan, the country that harbored the people that attacked us. We didn't go into Iraq until 2003, 2 years later and I don't see how you could even relate the 2.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

OK then^...what ever!!!....they killed 3000 americans in NY city in 1 day....

9. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Who? It wasn't Iraqis. You toss around the word "they" pretty liberally.

You should probably go educate yourself, you don't apparently have any idea what you are talking about.

10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I await the purge once it finally bankrupts the US cause canada and others will follow in a way how hard only time will tell.

It will not be pretty but it is needed and if they only delay it further it will just get worse...You know the end result why delay it...

All i can say its not just a US problem its a Western Lifestyle problem profit and prosperity is now measured in debt not assets. Bring back gold and let the lines be redrawn

11. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    The problem is that money is all fake anyway. There is no limit really to the amount that can be borrowed. International debt between countries is not the same as paying your credit card bill.

The US has been in debt for unimaginable amounts of money for the vast majority of it's existence.

I don't really understand how anyone thinks it is ever going to shrink by any real amount. The US only generates about $2 trillion in tax revenue a year.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

F**k you dude....^ Ever heard of ...>Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein...F**k You....

13. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    No wonder our debt problems are so bad, I hope you aren't allowed to vote with that kind of knowledge.

14. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.....:bang:

Edit: I voted for Mitt Romney...

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah it was. Your links show that Bush had either both Houses of congress or at worst a split Senate for a majority of his term. I'm not in the habit of making posts that are inaccurate. Further, if we add in the off budget wars which the total cost were added to the debt during this admin, the cutting of tax rates while increasing spending and the unfunded prescription mandate. That is why your chart is so wildly inaccurate. Simple math tells you were the majority of the current debt came from. Lets not even get into the utter financial collapse. If were going to assign what occurs in an admin to the admin, them we should be objectively fair about it.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
  18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So now Clinton is credible? Ha ha. Clinton's plan was to foster regime change from within not a full scale war. That pretty much makes his comments irrelevant to Bush's invasion. Should I post a video of Bush admitting Iraq didn't have WMD? Iraq was entirely an optional war. Secondarily, putting the huge war expenses off budget is about the only reason Bush's debt and deficit numbers are merely horrible and not horrendous.

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    can't slip one past you, you are just too smart and know too much about the government and it's motivation for war. Check Mate i guess.

20. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Exactly, your tax is used to pay off interest of all that debt, not actually paying it down. So just keeps going up an up...until one day when someone decides USA will never ever be able to repay it then whole system comes crashing down.