Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It's A LOT better than it was at release or even a month after release if were gonna be honest.

Servers are stable, the game is 100% stable for me and the people I play with (a mix of dx11, 11.1 and mantle users) they added a bunch of decent game mechanics in a big patch not long ago and hit reg has improved quite a lot too although it's still not perfect they are still working on it though and using test servers people can freely join.

Something I'm personally waiting for is the big balancing patch they promised at the beginning of February (nerfs to the mobile AA which is ****ing silly at the moment and some guns changes that all seems like really good changes)

Hopefully they will get it out soon as I'm really excited for the return of titan mode coming in the new dlc this month.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The MAA has already been nurfed. The missles do far less damage now at range. Taking at least 4 missiles to take down a plane or heli.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It hasn't all it had done was instead of 6 missiles it has 4 the range is the same you can go ask one of the dev the damage hasn't changed at all neither has it's range.

I sat on caspein's hill with a friend in a tank next to me NOTHING could touch use, it was dumb.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if you position the mobile aa in Paracel in the right place you can troll hard the heli pilots on the team that spawn from the island, the rockets have massive reach.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The game itself improved, yes. I can't see a huge change or improvement to the net code though. Still feels very random. The odd delay is still there, too.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

Yup any of the flat maps can be trolled hard with the maa, It's getting it's reach cut in half *soon*

It's had a huge improvement but you have to remember how utterly terrible it was at launch with the quad damage bug to head shot's , hit marker sounds travelling in three's and laggy servers.

Most of that crap's gone for me and I'd say 80% of the time I die I can say yeah my bad but still 20% I still call BS which of course still isn't good enough even compared to bf3 (which had the same tick rate) where It felt like 99% of my death's were due to my own incompetence.

On a personal note I think DICE nead a break from battlefield at least the modern setting 4 games in a row now and I think it's ran it's course, people left DICE between bc2 and bf3 because they were sick of it. It would be a shame to see DICE end up like infinity ward.

I'm glad the next dlc is there last hopefully after mirrors edge and star wars they can come bask and do something fresh with the BF name... I'd personally love a full Vietnam game in frostbite 3 engine but I can dream :3

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok guys thanks for the feedback.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I see it's a problem on Caspian too.
    I've been trying to get a c4-jet hit on land targets but it's difficult as after you jettison the jet it an go many places. the speed boats with gunner position are good for loading up with the c4.

9. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    I've reinstalled bf4 on my new Windows 8.1 install but I'm getting random game pauses where all players will freeze and sort of stutter back and forth just like I have lost connection only to spring back into sync 5 seconds later where i find myself shot in the head usually. Happening quite a lot today.. Anyone had this before?

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Update Punkbuster. Or it could have been a server spike, happens on some servers.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I agree 100%, and to be honest I'm most excited about the new SW Battlefront game, rather than ME2 or a new BF game (with the exception of maybe a BFBC3 :p).

I still prefer BF4 over BF3, but I realise that the netcode was far superior in 3. However BFBC2 was imo superior to both, in netcode and gameplay (best Rush maps ever).

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Is it just me that wants DICE to do WW2?. I crave a good WW2 game and on the frostbite engine it would be amazing. Also no thermal vision, flak as AA and big roaring propeller engines...... I miss WW2 games :(

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    No, ALOT of people wants a WW2 game back. :D

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    What! Part four already...and people same this game is ****!

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's a love-hate game honestly, thatswhy it's still so alive even if it's bashed from all sides. The game would be great if it had the same netcode as in BF3, and fantastic with the one from BFBC2.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, not really. Even those games were no gems in terms of netcode. The same delay and randomness for me in all of them, to be honest.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    They were not the same, they were miles better. Hell, I didn't even know what netcode was until playing BF3, almost every time I died I knew it was becasue of me doing a mistake. In BF4 however there are several times when it's just plain random instant death, rarely had that in BF3, never in BFBC2.

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Me too. I love that era. There is something magical about it... horrible time, but still.

19. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    I wonder how long it would take for them to nerf the German 88mm flak/at gun lol.

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    A Veitnam game in Frostbite 3 would be awesome. But seriously, dice would need to add more blood and maybe some gore. My only disapointment with bf games is not much blood. Doesnt have to be Soldier of Fortune gore, but still needs more blood IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.